Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm missing the point here: what does the amount of money K.Albert has have to do with acknowledging his (alleged) daughter?
A few posts ago it was mentioned that maybe Q.Paola had required him to sever all ties with the Boel family, but that was meant in a social (for lack of a better word) way and not so much financial, right?

I guess though compared to Elizabeth or Beatrix that is living like a pauper when you compare the stocks, shares and properties they own.

Well apart from Drakensteyn Estate, Beatrix actually owns very little. She has received the sailyacht the Green Dragon for her 18th birthday. The holiday villa in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa is owned by her two sons. And that is it. All the other real estate she uses are given at her disposal, as are the transportation, security, whatever. What the former Queen really owns by herself is a mystery. Maybe she is the "poorest" of all and the Belgians are better off, we really have no idea. All the rumours about Shell here and KLM there have never been substantiated.

:lol:

Anyway, to come back on topic: Jacques Boël tries to disinherit his legal daughter Delphine. (Jacques comes from one of Belgium's wealthiest families), by doing all possible administrative and legal moves to keep is inheritance out of Delphine's hands. King Albert II can not disinherit Delphine because for law she is not his daughter to begin with. So Delphine, born with a truckload of silver spoons in her mouth and in exceptional privileged circumstances, has managed to get herself on the brink of a bankruptcy and barred from any heritance. What an achievement.

:whistling:

The reason for the hard position of Jacques Boël seems that he is a very private and discreet gentleman who -as all Boëls- avoid the spotlight and was most not amused when he and his family becamse national and international speculation after his daughter's actions. He has cut off all ties with Delphine.

Last edited:
Has Jacques Boel disinherited Delphine legally or has he just personally cut all ties with her? Sounds as if, in pursing her claim to be Albert's daughter she has lost the love or one or both of her fathers.

According experts it will be impossible for Jacques Boël to disinherit his daughter Delphine since Belgian Law guarantees a so-called "child portion". Of course Jacques Boël can try to make his fortune as small as possible, for an example by donating everything into the ownership of a legal entity like a Trust or a foundation.

I don't understand- what is her objective? Even if he recognizes her she won't be welcome .She had enough money from her Boel to live luxuriously the rest of her life and she had a father figure who presumably loved her as his real daughter but she is blowing all that. What is the pay off for her?

Maybe Delphine is one of those people felt that a piece of herself was missing during her childhood despite the fact that she had a father figure in her life.

I can certainly understand Paola's feeling about Delphine in the beginning...as Delphine is a constant reminder of a painful time in her marriage. But you don't punish the child for the sins of the father...and that was over forty years. At some point you have to come to terms with.

As Delphine should... She is spitting in the wind.

As Delphine should... She is spitting in the wind.

Call me a bit emotional but I think its a bit different to tell someone that they don't have a right to know who their father is and they should move on.

So are we basically saying that no adopted child has a right to know who their parent is. :ermm:

If Albert didn't think he was going to be a part of her life he shouldn't have been a part of her life from the beginning. How unfair to suddenly disappear from her life and not give her any answers.

She is not a child but a middle aged person with children iirc who is alienating the family who loved and raised her just chasing windmills. Albert and the rest want no part of her so instead of fixating to her own detriment she should really find a way to make peace and closure with that. It must be extreemly difficult to do but emotionally healthier for her.

I think she has the right to know who her father is whatever her age or whoever he might be. It would be very hard to put it to the back of your mind it would always be there.

She is not a child but a middle aged person with children iirc who is alienating the family who loved and raised her just chasing windmills. Albert and the rest want no part of her so instead of fixating to her own detriment she should really find a way to make peace and closure with that. It must be extreemly difficult to do but emotionally healthier for her.

Regardless of her age, she will always be a child in the sense that every person has parents and is a child of those parents.

I think it is far worse that Albert involved himself in Delphine's life when she was young and then abandoned her. It would have been far better for her if she had never known him.

What good will knowing do? He has never and will never be more than her sperm donor. She has a real father in Boel.

What good will knowing do? He has never and will never be more than her sperm donor. She has a real father in Boel.
I thought the King and Delphine's mother were together for some time. How can he then just be a sperm donor. Delphine has only one biological father and he is being an unbelievable coward.

I think she has the right to know who her father is whatever her age or whoever he might be.

But it sin't that she doesn't know who her real father is. She wants that the also recognizes her officiallly and legal which he refuses to do.

We have to keep in mind that Sybille de Sélys Longchamps claims to have been a maîtresse of the then Prince de Liège (now King Albert II). Besides this she claims (and derived from that, also her daughter does) that Delphine is the result of an affaire with the Prince. That might be very possible indeed but for so far it is nothing more than that.

We need to keep in our mind that Delphine only started to profile herself as King Albert II's extramarital daughter since 2003, coincidentally (or not very coincidentally) in relation to her move from London to Brussels, to establish herself as an artist. In the meantime it is known her artistic escapades have not been very succesful, her commercial vehicles all on the verge of bankruptcy. Her artworks started to raise in value when she became known as the alleged extramarital daughter of the King.

Delphine Boël

But it sin't that she doesn't know who her real father is. She wants that the also recognizes her officiallly and legal which he refuses to do.

Until he does recognizes her she doesn't really know if he is her father. She has every right to be officially recognized

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Seems that is not her motive though. Again, even he says "yeah, you are my kid " they are not going to start calling her sister or treating her as a family member. However her notoriety, selling power and the pressure from various sources to treat her like a member of the Royal family, include her in gatherings, etc.because hey,it is official now right? will sky rocket. Forgive me for cynicism but nobler feelings of a child wanting to know daddy may just take second place here :)

Does any one of you, who say "she should come to terms with it" even the slightest clue how a rejected child feels? It has a huge impact, well into adulthood.

I am in a pair of shoes that look a lot like Delphine Boël's. My mother never wanted children and when she found out she was pregnant it was too late for an abortion. My grandparents tried to help as best as they could, but still. She'd leave me at home alone when I was a baby, for days. Until my grandparents took me in for good, with my grandmother becoming my legal guardian. My mother held contact with me until I was ten when she realized that her husband (who is not my father) is more important and all of a sudden stopped talking to me. I didn't understand the world. I still don't. In addition I don't know who my father is.

All of this, to date (I'm 29) left me with severe psychological problems. I was never able to develop that basic sense of trust. I can hardly speak with other human beings (with the exeption of the anonymity of the internet), I have plunged into depression. I am unable to function normally because I am scared of the world, scared of other people, afraid to be rejected. With a lot of self hate. I can't even work and am out on disability. I can barely manage grocery shopping. And the only person I halfways "trust" is my grandmother. Who is my only real social contact.

So, please stop saying Delphine Boël should put the matter to rest. Situations like that leave gaping wounds on one's soul. And if having certainty gives Delphine Boël at least a bit of peace of mind, then all the more power to her. I wish her, that the situation will clear with the best possible outcome for her.

*takes a deep breath* That was difficult to write for me, really difficult.

best wishes Michiru

Until he does recognizes her she doesn't really know if he is her father. She has every right to be officially recognized

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She is already officially recognized: as a daughter of Jacques Boël and of Sybille de Sélys Longchamps. For Belgian Law someone can only have one father. This means that first, Delphine has to fight the legal paternity of Jacques Boël.

Giving a proof that Jacques Boël is not her biological father is simple: just show a DNA-test. But Delphine also has to prove that she never had a family life with him, never had a paternal relationship, while she has born his name for 47 years, has been supported by him. If there has been a family life, one can not fight the paternity.

Then Jacques Boël himself: can he end his paternity (most likely he can not wait...)? No. It is not possible in Belgium to end paternity by own choice. That goes beyond the contractual freedom.

A possible loophole for Delphine is: even when Jacques Boël has always and in everything been her father, she can detest paternity within a year after the discovering that he is not her biological father. Then the arguments come on the table: since when did Delphine know Jacques was not her father? She herself stated her mother and she have "always known". Or was it after the release of the book by Mario Danneels in 1999, now 16 years ago? In both cases it looks like she -for some reasons- only urged recognition after decades.

:previous:
Thanks for the update!
My knowledge of modern art is very limited. However, I find Ms Boel's paintings miserable.

Delphine Boel won in court today and can go on suing King Albert. The Constitutional Court of Belgium ruled in her favour and decided that she has the right to sue King Albert despite taking her time to do so. The civil court which is in charge for her lawsuit asked the Constitutional Court for advice since it was unclear if her claim came too late and is time-barred. The Constitutional Court decided that the right to know ones parentage is superior to statutes of limitations, which is good news for everyone in a similar position btw. The lawsuit now returns to civil court and Boel can ask a DNA sample from King Albert.

Good for her.

Delphine Boël mag strijd voortzetten om erkend te worden als dochter Albert

:previous: Great! Let's get this DNA test underway and get it all sorted. Long overdue.

Delphine Boel won in court today and can go on suing King Albert. The Constitutional Court of Belgium ruled in her favour and decided that she has the right to sue King Albert despite taking her time to do so. The civil court which is in charge for her lawsuit asked the Constitutional Court for advice since it was unclear if her claim came too late and is time-barred. The Constitutional Court decided that the right to know ones parentage is superior to statutes of limitations, which is good news for everyone in a similar position btw. The lawsuit now returns to civil court and Boel can ask a DNA sample from King Albert.

Good for her.

Delphine Boël mag strijd voortzetten om erkend te worden als dochter Albert

It's really sad King Albert did not give in long ago and give the Belgian judicial system a DNA sample. Not many people are moral these days anyway; his actions, or lack thereof, has been a serious waste of time for everybody concerned. HE caused this situation to end up where it did not have to. I don't know if he is her father or not, but...at least some conclusion will finally result.

I am pleasantly surprised that it has been decided this way. Now it can finally be resolved.

I imagine Albert's lawyers tightening everything up, even giving away things in life to his "legal" children & grandchildren in order to leave Delphine with nothing (or as little as possible) :cool:

So let's not be surprised if Amedeo ends up with a chalet in France or Elisabeth gets a house in Italy for her 15th birthday...

I imagine Albert's lawyers tightening everything up, even giving away things in life to his "legal" children & grandchildren in order to leave Delphine with nothing (or as little as possible) :cool:

So let's not be surprised if Amedeo ends up with a chalet in France or Elisabeth gets a house in Italy for her 15th birthday...

That's a very good point.

If this happens, at what point is the Belgian Royal House itself seen at being complicit in evading a legal ruling - at least in the eyes of they public? In any event, the joke will be on them, I don't think Delphine's primary motivation was ever money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom