The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2019, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

I guess. But itís not like the Royal family will welcome her Or her kids and she had a family that raised And presumably loved her. Relationships are more important than being proven right and Blood does not make family. Thats just me though.

Old 11-29-2019, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I guess. But itís not like the Royal family will welcome her Or her kids and she had a family that raised And presumably loved her. Relationships are more important than being proven right and Blood does not make family. Thats just me though.
She spent a big part of her childhood with her mother, who supports her in this, and then Prince Albert. I think the reasons that she's doing this is to prove her point and to remove any repercussions that the case has caused her family. By the looks of it I don't think she ever expected to gain money or a relationship with the Royal family. That said, her alleged brother Prince Laurent has apparently been in contact with her a few times
This is a very sad story about 2-3 generations of a family that are scarred by a fractured marriage and its fallout.

Old 11-30-2019, 04:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I donít really follow this but so she gets the satisfaction of proving publicly Albert is her father. Some money. Great. But then what? The Royal family wonít welcome her and she alienated the man who raised her, she wonít get a vast fortune. What does she hope to gain?

That her identity is settled? She should not suffer because her (up to now alleged) father had a marriage crisis and couldn't keep his pants zipped, with offspring results.
Not everyone has monetary gain to achieve. She won't inherit Jacques BoŽl's fortune, so? Money does not make up for everything.

I seriously don't see what is so difficult to understand about that, some people truly seem to have a lack of empathy.

My take is his denial that he conceived her in the first place and that he started to pretend like she's air from the moment she (or he) was outed that stings the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
She will know where her roots are. That means a lot to many people. Also maybe to prove that she was right. If what we've heard is true she, her mother and now also hervkids have been treated abominately because of the actions of King Albert.

This.

I wonder whether and when we will hear the result of this appeal, if at all.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

I wonder whether and when we will hear the result of this appeal, if at all.
Delphine BoŽl
Old 11-30-2019, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
She will know where her roots are. That means a lot to many people. Also maybe to prove that she was right. If what we've heard is true she, her mother and now also hervkids have been treated abominately because of the actions of King Albert.

I don't think she has any doubts about where her roots are. So this lawsuit is not about finding one's root, but rather compellin her alleged biological father to disclose her roots publicly .

As another poster said, blood doesn't necessarily make a family. Delphine is de facto disowning the family who raised and embraced her, even if she was not a blood relative, to put into public shame another family that doesn't want anything to do with her. Some posters here may say I am guilty of lack of empathy, but again, I don't see how anything good can come out of it. A DNA test won't give Delphine a new family while she burns the bridges to her older one at the same time.

King Albert moved on and now has a happy marriage with Paola towards the end of their lives. His behavior towards Delphine and her mother was, however, indeed despicable. Rather than seeking reconciliation with him, I feel like Delphine simply wants to punish him and, as I argued, seek vindication for her mother. Although Albert probably deserves it, it is a personal vendetta where nobody wins and everybody loses something.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:47 AM
Majesty

Is her mother still alive?
Old 11-30-2019, 08:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

When the lower court in 2017 confirmed Jacques BoŽl as the legal father of Delphine BoŽl on the basis that, according to the court, for many years an emotional bond had existed between them and they had behaved as a father and daughter, Delphine's attorney Marc Uyttendaele stated that this was not true, saying it had been clearly demonstrated that there was no emotional bond between Jacques and Delphine. He described their relationship as marked by "indifference, even suffering".

https://www.rtbf.be/info/belgique/de...pas?id=9567276

The focus has naturally been on King Albert II instead of Jacques BoŽl, given that the King was the head of state whereas the Jonkheer is a private citizen, but Delphine BoŽl's attempt to legally disown her birth father (as a side note, he did not adopt her but, pursuant to the civil code, was automatically established as her father at birth in virtue of being married to the woman who birthed her) and compel her biological father to disclose his paternity could, potentially, have been led by the actions of Jacques as much as those of Albert. Whether that was the case or not, it seems clear that both of the fathers have fractured their relationship with their daughter and refused to be involved in her life.

Probably, we will never be able to determine for certain what the outcome would have been if Jacques BoŽl had in fact been a loving father to the child whom he publicly accepted as his daughter. But from the statements and reports I have read about the case, it is apparent to me that if both Jacques and Albert had a positive relationship with their daughter, this court case would never have transpired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Is her mother still alive?
Yes, and has attended court hearings and spoken to the press in support of her daughter.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

If Delphine wins on December 13 th , is is only one set !
This Affair will be long and long until ......
Old 11-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

She looks like some of her half siblings and I think resembles the kings mother in some ways. I do not understand why the King has refused to acknowledge her. It makes no sense to me. He had an affair and a child from that affair. Badly done of him to refuse her.

LaRae
Old 11-30-2019, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

Oh, I had missed that. Thanks. Seems indeed like dragging it on as long as possible.
I had "hoped" that this case would be nearing its end by now, I suppose that was naive.

Perhaps King Albert was okay with Delphine's existence when it was a private matter. Then it was pushed into the open and he suddenly changed his behaviour like 180 degrees.
But it's not Delphine's fault that she is alive.

For lack of knowledge about the matter, it sort of makes me wonder how "open" the crisis of King Albert and Paola and everything it entailed was at the time. But that is not for this thread nor do I have a specific wish to browse through all information there is.

I do agree with amaryllus that blood does not automatically mean family,
but all in all this is a very sad case.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:59 AM
Majesty

If Jacques Boel was not able to love the fruit of his wife's betrayal as his own child, he should have divorced her.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
If Jacques Boel was not able to love the fruit of his wife's betrayal as his own child, he should have divorced her.

They actually divorced when Delphine was about 10 years old, I believe. That doesn't necessarily imply , however, that they didn't have a father-daughter relationship as Delphine now claims.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

This whole story would have been a barely-remembered footnote to Albert’s biography if he had quietly recognized her years ago. Now it will be the first thing many think about him.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Delphine strongly resembles her mother,Baroness Sybille de Selys Longchamps.

https://images.app.goo.gl/mkHZCJMkknCRzX427

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 11-30-2019, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
They actually divorced when Delphine was about 10 years old, I believe. That doesn't necessarily imply , however, that they didn't have a father-daughter relationship as Delphine now claims.
They divorced in 1978 and Sybile and Delphine moved to the UK. It was also around that time she last saw King Albert so the two things are probably connected.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrid_of_Sweden

In the pics I've seen of Delphine she also resembles Queen Astrid.

LaRae
Old 12-01-2019, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I want to point out that Mr Jacques Boel since 1999 never spoke to the Press , remain silent during 20 years.
Meanwhile , Barones de Selys Longchamp gave interviews to the press with very private Details.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Why would he? Mr. BoŽl has nothing to gain by talking to the press, while the baroness is supporting her daughter’s quest for recognition.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

and what about Mr and Mrs jacques Boel 's Honor.
I will write no word anymore in this Thread , because I know to much.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

Without wanting to be rude: that is an easy claim to make.

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii