The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Royal Highness

The comment was a general one and not directed to anyone in particular.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
I never wrote that I don't have empathy for Queen Paola,Her Majesty has my utmost respect and admiration, she like all women has the right to keep her pride and dignity , but this situation has long been out of control and very publicised, it didn't need to turn out this way. Maybe, maybe if as I have read , she wasn't so strongly refusing to acknowledge Delphine, things would have been better for both sides and her children and husband would not have been summoned to court.

There are many illegitimate children around the world whose fathers won't acknowledge them, the children don't accept it , but at the very least get along with it. This is a different one. And apparently Delphine won't stop trying until she gets what she wants.

In the past I was on Albert's side, but now I am neutral, both parties are making bad moves that won't have any benefit for each of them at all IMO.
What does Delphine want, that is what I want to know.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Recognition. To believed by the whole world, because it is a true fact, that she is Albert's daughter. There is little else she could get or want.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:52 PM
Courtier

There is an interesting article in our local paper this week. It said that there area lot of "children" with a hunger in their hearts. All they want is to be blessed by their fathers. I think that is what is going on here.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Recognition. To believed by the whole world, because it is a true fact, that she is Albert's daughter. There is little else she could get or want.
Exactly. Why this is so hard to understand is beyond me.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:55 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
While I do believe each and every person has the right to question and want to know their heritage and their parentage, there are also many out there that are not overly particular about finding out. I am one of them. I was given up for adoption and was adopted by wonderful people at 3 weeks old. I've always known I was adopted and I've never felt the need to seek out my biological heritage.

Perhaps with Delphine it is the difference between having one father figure that has always been there for her and having two men, one legal and one biological, that were quite sporadic in her life. Perhaps she is seeking a sense of "belonging" to someone psychologically instead of knowing there are two men out there that basically don't give a rat's tooth about her. I would imagine that would hurt.

I really can't comprehend why Albert just can't come out and state that yes, she's his biological daughter from a past indiscretion. Its not like its a big, dark secret that is only whispered about behind fluttering fans. Give her the recognition that she is seeking and in my opinion, deserves.
ďWhen I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down Ďhappyí. They told me I didnít understand the assignment, and I told them they didnít understand life.Ē
― John Lennon
Old 09-30-2014, 01:18 AM
Courtier

I dunno; her legal father raised her and treated her well, never stinting on anything she would want or need and to me that isn't a bad life. Before Boel disowned her (for so publicly repudiating him as a father) she was going to inherit almost billions.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I dunno; her legal father raised her and treated her well, never stinting on anything she would want or need and to me that isn't a bad life. Before Boel disowned her (for so publicly repudiating him as a father) she was going to inherit almost billions.
What's your source for this claim exactly? Others in this thread have stated pretty much the opposite; that Delphine had little relationship with her step-father after he split from her mother when she was still very young.

Even if Mr BoŽl had been the world's greatest father, what difference does it make? People with wonderful adoptive parents choose to seek out their birth parents all the time, not because there was anything lacking in those new parents, but because something inside them feels the need to know who they are and where they come from. Is that really so difficult to understand?
Old 09-30-2014, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Prince Bernhard however stayed in touch with his daughters, as was mentioned by Alicia de Bielefeld. Albert did not.
You your self wrote in this thread that the alleged father, the (then) Prince de LiŤge, stayed in touch with Delphine, there seems to photos around to prove this, etc.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
So she has no hunger to know who her father his, she is convinced that this is Albert. She want to be believed by the whole world. These are two different things. The "right" to know (there is no such 'right'). She knows who her father is. At least that is her firm belief. But apparently she wants to scream to the whole world that Albert was her father. He was not. It is Jonkheer Jacques BoŽl who is her father -for law-. He and Mr Michael-Anthony Rathmore-Cayzer were the two men who looked after her in real life. Their contributions to her upbringing are totally shoven aside, trampled and "forgotten" in her zelotic zest to prove that once her mother engaged into an affair with then Prince Albert.

What a grateful (legal) daughter. What a grateful stepdaughter.

Old 09-30-2014, 05:03 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I can understand where you are coming from here. As a matter of legality, when my parents adopted me, I became legally their daughter and took the name they gave me. Any biological parentage, should it had ever come up, while I was growing up, would never hold any water in a court of law. I may carry their DNA and even exhibited similar physical similarities but that would have been the end of it. They would have no claim on me nor I on them.

Being married to Mr. Boel at the time of birth, Delphine is his legal child. All I can see Delphine trying to do is prove that at the time of conception, it was Albert's little swimmer that won the race to the egg and conquered. He may well be her biological father but from the sounds of what I've been reading, none of the men in her life have really been a Dad and a constant father figure for her. I would imagine also that had Albert been a chimney sweep or a factory worker, she wouldn't be going through all this trouble. Whatever her motives are, I think it is quite late in the game to be trying to force this issue. Other than perhaps proving with DNA and that he did father her would give her some inheritance, I can only feel that she's just causing a lot of stress for herself and for all of the people involved in this.

It is her prerogative I guess to do as she feels is right but I really don't see any thing positive coming out of this.
ďWhen I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down Ďhappyí. They told me I didnít understand the assignment, and I told them they didnít understand life.Ē
― John Lennon
Old 09-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Absolutely correct on this and I also don't get why some can't figure this out........and yes there is a *Human Right* to know whom your parents are, it doesn't have to be the law or written anywhere, it is just a *human right* to know, you use this infor for medical reasons alone is enough to know where you came from. I was tossed away by my mother when I was a 3 years old and won't go there before that so all my life I wondered why and what did I do to make her do that.......it wasn't me as I later learned in therapy, it was her and her actions and she took it out on me, *D* I think is coming from a place in life where she needs to know she belongs somewhere on this earth and to whom, good grief, that is so important in a person's physic to belong somewhere to belong to someone I would think that all would understand that. For those of us that this has happened to, we all have a different physic to fill and needs to know..........I would not wish this on anyone, the pain of abandonment at any age makes for a very angry child/adult and they need that recognition and acknowledgement to move on. This all comes from having been there.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

Everyone wants love and acceptance from their parents. Sometimes you get the love and acceptance and other times you don't. I would suspect if Delphine had a good relationship with her legal father or step-father she probably wouldn't be pursing this as vigorously as she has, perhaps not at all in a public way.

If you had a good relationship with a legal or step-father why would you want to jeopardize that relationship which you would be by going to court to prove another man is you're biological father. I know I personally wouldn't and if I were going to do anything about it, would wait until they had passed and then really think about it.

I know when I expressed an interest in meeting my biological parents, I was cautioned by several family members to be careful as I really didn't know what I would find. They were concerned about me being hurt if rejected. I know that if my biological parents had rejected me, I wouldn't have taken it very well.

Turns out my biological parents found me but then didn't know what to do with me. so they distanced themselves from me. Maybe I wasn't what they expected or hoped that I would be. I don't know.

It's one thing to know that there is a child out there or possible child out there, even if you know who the child is. When you meet the child or see the child in public, now the child has a name, an identity. It's no longer abstract but real. Some people would rather see these children in the shadows or hidden from view.

I would imagine in the cases of children conceived through adultery, this is more so.

In the end she may get what she wanted (legal recognition as the daughter of Albert) but she will never get love, attention or affection from him or anyone else in the family.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I so agree with you, it's always best to know where you come from even if is bad news or not what you expected. And in knowing then the questions are answered and then the healing process begins. Nobody has to like the family nor want to be like the family they were born into, yet we all have a right to make that decision when the time comes for those of us that don't know our parents nor are acknowledge by our parents.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

The papers state here that she will lose because there will be prescription. There are deadlines fixed by the laws to claim and she didn't do it on time.
Let me stress again that in Belgium you cannot fully dishinerit your child, you can leave the minimum only but you must leave it. It is the law. If her action fails she will remain M. BoŽl daughter and will inherit, him willing or not !
Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Her relationship with Boel must have been at least congenial since she lived a more than comfortable life and I admit I am against Delphine. I do wonder, what if she got the DNA test and it was announced that Albert was in fact, NOT her biological father? It would be a massive amount of humiliation and leave her up a creek. She will inherit, but not as much as she would have if in fact she hadn't been disinherited from what would be the bulk of a massive inheritance.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
The papers state here that she will lose because there will be prescription. There are deadlines fixed by the laws to claim and she didn't do it on time.
Let me stress again that in Belgium you cannot fully dishinerit your child, you can leave the minimum only but you must leave it. It is the law. If her action fails she will remain M. BoŽl daughter and will inherit, him willing or not !
my bolding
What does "prescription" mean in this context? Who will authorise the prescription?
Old 10-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://1.standaardcdn.be/Assets/Imag...568&format=jpg

Delphine's mother; just to share the photo in the discussion, Delphine might look like some of the BRF, but she resembles her mother too..
Old 10-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Delphine Boel: Ik probeer probleem op te lossen | RTL Nieuws

Article from tv station rtl on Delphine's reason for the trial. She says she doesn't want a father-daughter relationship, mentions that her age she doesn't need a father anymore, but the situation is causing her problems because it turns out she is on a list of "Staatsgevaarlijke personen" (subversive persons, dangerous to the state).
As she puts it: why would i be on that list, unless i'm his daughter...
Old 10-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
my bolding
What does "prescription" mean in this context? Who will authorise the prescription?
Sorry for my bad English ! It is in the Law that you have to introduce the complain within a certain time after you have known. So Albert's lawyer will only have to state that law and make the judges notice that she has known for years before going to justice. I hope I am clear here it is difficult

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii