Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for the article.
Father or not, I believe that Albert II deserves his respect; scandalous or not he was a king of a nation for about 20 years. Not many of us have lived a perfect life without mistakes and faults and scandals, and Albert II have had his share of those. Baroness Sybille is as guilty as Albert is , so she must not attack him like this, thinking that he is the worst father in the world and she is a good mother because she is honest with her child. I also don't agree about the way Albert has handled this situation, but I can understand His situation. Even if he had to forget about himself in this, he couldn't have done the same with Queen Paola and their legitimate children.
I also believe that Delphine definitely has the right to be recognised by her legitimate father, but if he doesn't want to do anything with her, she can't hurt all the people around her and burn the world to get what she already knows.

I think they are going for the "Philippe is autistic" angle so far, but for what I can see, they seem to be going for Elisabeth and her siblings as well :bang:

Now Elisabeth?

Has this woman gone completely and utterly mad? She's now attacking the heiress to the throne and a little girl?

I hope Philippe has his kids under stricter supervision because as far as I'm concerned this woman is getting out of control.

It would not surprise me if these women ended up dragging Emmanuel's learning disability into this >.<
If that happens, they'd better brace themselves 'cuz Philippe would go for blood.

First Astrid and Philippe (while Philippe was still Crown Prince)
Then Emmanuel? (learning disability)

Leidi, I thought they already had.

Philippe and Mathilde must be plotting how to deal effectively with her.

Baroness Sybille atoned for her sins. What else has she got?

This isn't about recognition, but about something seriously sick, like some demented vendetta. Going after Philippe and his kids?

I have stopped finding her likeable....

I never liked her in the first place.

It's bad enough to repeatedly shame someone in public, but to extend the viciousness to children and grandchildren is absolutely inexcusable. It's the workings of two desperate women. I think their actions may end up backfiring on both of them.

It would not surprise me if these women ended up dragging Emmanuel's learning disability into this >.<
If that happens, they'd better brace themselves 'cuz Philippe would go for blood.

I have felt for a long time that people completely misunderstand AND underestimate Philippe. He is called dull, lacking charisma etc and his lack of flamboyance is seen as weakness....BIG MISTAKE imo.

I think his family are his Achilles heel. I agree with you that he would fight like a mountain lion to protect them. :sad:

I have felt for a long time that people completely misunderstand AND underestimate Philippe. He is called dull, lacking charisma etc and his lack of flamboyance is seen as weakness....BIG MISTAKE imo.

I think his family are his Achilles heel. I agree with you that he would fight like a mountain lion to protect them. :sad:

Agree 100% with you, people seeing him as weak are up for a rude awakening, he would definitely go the distance to protect his wife and children.

Not that Mathilde needs much protection, I think she will also get into full bad mode if either of these women breathe as much as a bad word about her kids. :ermm:

This isn't about recognition, but about something seriously sick, like some demented vendetta. Going after Philippe and his kids?

AFAIK they never said anything about the children of Philippe.

-

It is easy to start about Delphine and Sybille. But Albert II is the one who is mostly responsible for this mess, he failed as a father and he failed as the head of his house. He had an affair with Sybille for 20 years, lived with her & Delphine as a family for 10 years. Under pressure (money?) he broke with them completely, also with the daughter that he had helped to raise (he was probably more involved in her upbringing than in that of his other children).

Not only did he become a lousy father to Delphine. He also had the worst tactic to solve the matter when Delphine became more vocal: look the other way and pretend it isnt there & waiting for it to go away. Only this 'problem' (his own flesh & blood!) did not go away, it became bigger and bigger and obviously Delphine built up an enormous amount of anger and resentment over the years, which is her good right IMO. I imagine that most people would be hurt if one of their parents would decide to break all contact form one day to the other. Over the years it seems that hurt turned into a wish for revenge of some kind. Not a good thing surely, but understandable.

So although some here seem to enjoy bashing Delphine and her mother (and some do have some good points), let's not forget that this issue was created and mismanaged by Albert II, if anybody needs to be blamed it is him. Sadly since he did not want to face his responsibilities he left this mess for his successor to solve. Let's hope that the new king will be able to solve this issue with his half sister soon, so it won't drag on for decades like so many other royal feuds.

-
Apparently the baroness will show the divorce papers (never signed) of Albert and Paola on tv. Sigh.

Last edited:
Marengo, you will get no argument from me regarding Albert's ultimate responsibility for this mess.

It was all quite avoidable, there was simply no need for it to get this ugly.

Albert is guilty here of course, he chose to break his marital vows and I don't think anyone can argue with that. Sybille is guilty as well because she decided to get involved with a married man (she doesn't even have the "I didn't knew he was married" excuse), both knew what they were doing and who they were hurting.

The point is that neither Sybille nor Delphine have to drag Philippe, Astrid or Laurent into this, why would they talk about his "autism", does it make Delphine's claim more valid? No.

If they want to speak 20 hours about Albert then fine, he's finally getting what he deserves, but the rest of his family isn't guilty of his mistakes and shouldn't be used to get more ratings.

In fact, this is basically shooting themselves in the foot, because they would be seen as the ambitious kind that stops at nothing to get what they want instead of getting more sympathy for being abandoned by Albert.

Had they had any kind of common sense, they wouldn't have included the new King here.

-

It is easy to start about Delphine and Sybille. But Albert II is the one who is mostly responsible for this mess, he failed as a father and he failed as the head of his house. He had an affair with Sybille for 20 years, lived with her & Delphine as a family for 10 years. Under pressure (money?) he broke with them completely, also with the daughter that he had helped to raise (he was probably more involved in her upbringing than in that of his other children).

Not only did he become a lousy father to Delphine. He also had the worst tactic to solve the matter when Delphine became more vocal: look the other way and pretend it isnt there & waiting for it to go away. Only this 'problem' (his own flesh & blood!) did not go away, it became bigger and bigger and obviously Delphine built up an enormous amount of anger and resentment over the years, which is her good right IMO. I imagine that most people would be hurt if one of their parents would decide to break all contact form one day to the other. Over the years it seems that hurt turned into a wish for revenge of some kind. Not a good thing surely, but understandable.

So although some here seem to enjoy bashing Delphine and her mother (and some do have some good points), let's not forget that this issue was created and mismanaged by Albert II, if anybody needs to be blamed it is him. Sadly since he did not want to face his responsibilities he left this mess for his successor to solve. Let's hope that the new king will be able to solve this issue with his half sister soon, so it won't drag on for decades like so many other royal feuds.

-
Apparently the baroness will show the divorce papers (never signed) of Albert and Paola on tv. Sigh.

I completely agree with you.

I completely agree with Marengo, too.

-It is easy to start about Delphine and Sybille. But Albert II is the one who is mostly responsible for this mess, he failed as a father and he failed as the head of his house. He had an affair with Sybille for 20 years, lived with her & Delphine as a family for 10 years. Under pressure (money?) he broke with them completely, also with the daughter that he had helped to raise (he was probably more involved in her upbringing than in that of his other children).

I know and will never excuse Albert for having that affair; but, there have to be limits and mouthing off about the kids is one of those limits. Albert rightly should be picked at, but she's going after Astrid and now saying things about the heiress and her siblings. The kids had nothing to do with this. If Delphine wants to be angry at Albert, great, but not at Philippe.

What exactly is Delphine expecting? If this is a mess, the Baroness is just as responsible and part of this. So if she could be angry at anyone, it would be the Baroness as well. What does Delphine want? If it's recognition, fine, but at the same time, it does not mean that it has to translate into going after Philippe as well? Maybe Albert stepped down to kind of deal with this quietly, but instead Delphine is going after Philippe, who has had nothing on earth to do with what his father has done. Why go after Philippe? Philippe doesn't owe her anything and certainly does not have to do anything for Delphine. Delphine is not his problem.

This has no chance of ending well. Albert and paola had marital problems...both of acknowledged them and they have moved on and appear to be one of the most loving couples I have ever seen. They have clearly moved passed the troubles they had. I am not condoning King Albert dismissing Delphine, but I have to ask what is she trying to accomplish? If Delphine really wants to have a relationship with her father, this is not the way to go about it. Albert's behavior is not excusable at all here , Sybille looks like a woman scorned at this point, showing divorce papers on tv...isn't it public knowledge that Albert and Paola almost divorced.. What does showing the papers at this point accomplish, and why on earth does she have them?
Dragging Philippe and Astrid into it.. They don't have to have a relationship with her If they choose not to. It seems Laurent has chosen to, and that is his decision to make.
Delphine is apparently just trying to get her father to acknowledge her. But she want to have a relationship with him, or just publicly shame him?

People can grow in a lifetime, and if Sybille has grown, she may be pondering why a mother and child out of wedlock have less value than a wife and child in wedlock. We are all just people on the earth and if you think about it one son or daughter deserves no more or less than another - and I speak here from a philosophical point of view.

We like to think that it is not about the money - but in the end it is about money and affection in families. One-or the other may have greater value for a son or daughter, but it seems silly to not put give all you children and equal footing.

That said, any child (or their family) may be a spendthrift. Which is why, I think, if you are spreading you seed and are wealthy you establish controlled trusts for you offspring on an equal footing. It's the way to avoid tabloid nonsense in our times.

100 years ago, you could put the screws to the bastard and its family. In this way - I acknowledge a value to the Tabs.

Delphine is apparently just trying to get her father to acknowledge her. But she want to have a relationship with him, or just publicly shame him?

I don't think it matters if she doesn't want to have a relationship with him, but merely wants to have him acknowledge her. He did for about 10 years as I understand it, and then bowed to pressure and has ignored her ever since. All those years to stew over it and I'd be angry as hell and would have developed a hard attitude, and I wouldn't care about publicly shaming him either, if that is her goal. He's a wimp, and that's putting it mildly.

I just think Delphine is becoming irrational by going after the kids; Elisabeth and the other kids of Philippe have had nothing to do with this, neither has Philippe. It's not Philippe's job to placate her and deal with her and while she acts like this, I don't blame him.

Albert needs to deal with her in some way.

This has no chance of ending well. Albert and paola had marital problems...both of acknowledged them and they have moved on and appear to be one of the most loving couples I have ever seen. They have clearly moved passed the troubles they had. I am not condoning King Albert dismissing Delphine, but I have to ask what is she trying to accomplish? If Delphine really wants to have a relationship with her father, this is not the way to go about it. Albert's behavior is not excusable at all here , Sybille looks like a woman scorned at this point, showing divorce papers on tv...isn't it public knowledge that Albert and Paola almost divorced.. What does showing the papers at this point accomplish, and why on earth does she have them?
Dragging Philippe and Astrid into it.. They don't have to have a relationship with her If they choose not to. It seems Laurent has chosen to, and that is his decision to make.

She is long past wanting a relationship with Albert. The ill will began when he steadfastly refused to acknowledge that he was her father...a singularly stupid and ill-advised thing to do, imo.

Especially when Delphine's resemblance to certain members of the BRF is so strong.:sad:

Delphine has all the right to go against Albert, who has been a d-bag with her, what she should not do is to drag Philippe into this, is his fault that Albert was a bad father? NO and whatever issues she has with the former King, it's something that should go between them, or would she like if her own children were dragged into the spotlight over this issue? I don't think so.

And for the record, Sybille isn't a saint either, everyone blames Albert for having the affair but if she stayed with him for so long is because she wanted to, maybe even looking to become a Princess if he divorced.

Both of Delphine's parents are to blame for this mess, not her siblings or her nieces/nephews.

She has cancelled her action against Philippe and Astrid and she has announced that very soon she is going to sue only the King Albert. It is in all the newspapers here.

It is nice that she dropped the lawsuit against her half siblings. Still, father and daughter going to court is very painful for all involved. I wish that king Albert will come to his senses and will try to settle this out of the limelight.

I don't envy the new king as he is stuck with two loose cannons at the moment.

---
Other information from the interview with baroness Sybille was leaked:

Only when Delphine was 17 y/o her mother told her that not Jacques Boël but prince Albert of Liège was her father. After this Delphine became anorexic and Albert visited her in a clinic in London.

When Delphine was 4 y/o Jacques Boël discovered that she was not his natural daughter.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/947/Royalt...-leed-bezocht-Albert-haar-in-het-geheim.dhtml

AristoCat said:
but she's going after Astrid and now saying things about the heiress and her siblings

Perhaps I have missed this, but what did Delphine or her mother say about the children of king Philippe?

Last edited:
She has cancelled her action against Philippe and Astrid and she has announced that very soon she is going to sue only the King Albert. It is in all the newspapers here.

Good. Sensible move.

And for sure this may be more successful now, as Albert is no longer the reigning king.... so curious to see what will happen.
Bye Bine

Good. It was ill-advised to have involved those two in the first place. They are completely innocent.

Delphine must have become aware of a backlash and come to her senses!

It is Ms. Boel's full right to go after the person, who might be her biological father.

Okay, this at least i understand and now it's pretty simple: K.Albert flat-out refuses to acknowledge her and she wants to be acknowledged by the man she believes is her father.
There are probably reasons for K.Albert's behaviour (we can only speculate what, so let's not), but for the whole family's sake i'd wish he would consent to take a dna test and settle the matter once and for all (after all, if she's not his daughter that's an easy way to prove it...right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom