Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 2: September 2006- January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He cancelled for a third day as well on Friday. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Although it is sad that Emperor Akihito is unable to hold an annual press-conference due to health issues, this news is not totally unexpected. I wish His Imperial Majesty speedy recovery!

From royalblog.nl:

Emperor & Empress listen quietly to poems

Japan's imperial poetry reading ceremony, an annual tradition that goes back over 1,000 years, was held at the palace Thursday, with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko sitting quietly as court readers chanted poems evoking nature and the environment

read more here.

Thanks for the poems!:flowers: Poems are quite nice, I have to say. They capture a single particular moment in a life ...

Well, it will be better for his health to rest a little bit... don't you think? At least until he recovers his health.

lovely pictures, the two ladies look so comfortable with each other, like any two good friends meeting. did hillary ever meet HIM the empress?

Those are very interesting pictures to see. They must have met before, because they greated each other like old friends. Or does The Empress great all Secretaries of State so enthusiastically?:lol:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is greeted by Empress Michiko for their tea party at the Imperial residence in Tokyo on February 17, 2009.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

I think the Empress looks very beautiful in these pictures and I especially think the little flower corsage at her belt is a lovely touch.

Those are very interesting pictures to see. They must have met before, because they greated each other like old friends. Or does The Empress great all Secretaries of State so enthusiastically?:lol:

That certainly was a very enthusiastic greeting from the usually reserved Empress. It has been reported that they have known each other since the 1990s, when Hillary was first lady, and have remained in touch over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom