The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for an update on Empress Michiko's activities! Playing tennis herself, Empress Michiko enjoyed undertaking this engagement.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 09-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really? I had no idea the Empress played tennis. That's interesting. Does she still play?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Aristocracy

She still does (and so does the Emperor and their children), although she injured her knee recently. In fact, rchat, she met the Emperor at a double tennis match in a summer vacation, and her team won... later on, they began dating and the rest is history!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga.

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan. The royal couple are waiting for the arrival of Heinz Fischer, Federal President of the Republic of Austria and his wife Margit (1/10/2009).

http://i33.tinypic.com/ibvy2q.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/2mcvfo9.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/2h4jnmg.jpg
Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Couple of articles about the visit of the Austrian president:

Official announcement from the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, dated 25 August:

MOFA: Visit to Japan of His Excellency Dr. Heinz Fischer, Federal President of the Republic of Austria and Mrs. Margit Fischer

Article in the Austrian Times:

Fischer begins Japan visit – General News – Austrian Times

According to the above, the visit coincides with the Year of Japan in Austria:

"The president’s office added that the visit would be the high point of the Year of Japan in Austria commemorating the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries 140 years ago.

Fischer and his delegation will be received by Emperor Akihito tomorrow."
Old 10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Couple of articles about the visit of the Austrian president:

Official announcement from the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, dated 25 August:

MOFA: Visit to Japan of His Excellency Dr. Heinz Fischer, Federal President of the Republic of Austria and Mrs. Margit Fischer

Article in the Austrian Times:

Fischer begins Japan visit – General News – Austrian Times

According to the above, the visit coincides with the Year of Japan in Austria:

"The president’s office added that the visit would be the high point of the Year of Japan in Austria commemorating the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries 140 years ago.

Fischer and his delegation will be received by Emperor Akihito tomorrow."
Old 10-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Commoner

Austrian President Heinz Fischer and First Lady Margit Fischer are welcomed by Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko. Fischer is in Tokyo on a four day official visit.

Pic 1 Pic 2
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Aristocracy

thanks a lot for posting news on the Imperial Couple and their official engagemente with foreign Heads of State!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquesa d Yolombó View Post
She still does (and so does the Emperor and their children), although she injured her knee recently. In fact, rchat, she met the Emperor at a double tennis match in a summer vacation, and her team won... later on, they began dating and the rest is history!
Thanks for answering Marquesa. I didn't realize that's how they met. That's sweet. It's great that they stay physically active, and probably why they continue to stay slim.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Commoner

Emperor Akihito views a Coelacanth at a laboratory at the Tokyo Institute of Technology in Yokohama on Oct. 5, 2009, prior to its dissection. The emperor is a member of the Ichthyological Society of Japan and is known for his study of goby.

Pic 1
Old 10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, indeed: he even found a new species of the fish!! So cool...
Old 10-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga.

Empress Michiko and Emperor Akihito at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Japan. Empress Michiko celebrates her 75th birthday (20/10/2009).

http://i35.tinypic.com/r768vn.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/fxe0j7.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/312g602.jpg
Old 10-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Majesty

On occasion of the 75th birthday of HM Empress Michiko:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages
Old 10-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Aristocracy

thanks a lot for the pics!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Courtier

Thank you very much for the pictures, queenofthelight and lucien!

Here are some more pictures:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2f0awr7.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2j63c0g.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2z3oojo.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/ixfcdk.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/33ma1pd.jpg (I absolutely love this one)
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

Happy Birthday Your Majesty Empress Michiko
Old 10-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post

http://i37.tinypic.com/33ma1pd.jpg (I absolutely love this one)
I agree. No matter of time still in love.

Al the best Your Imperial Majety

Thanks for the photos.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Commoner

Thanks for those photos! I agree the pictures of them both at the piano is beautiful. You can see they are still very much in love.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Commoner

Thoughts by the Empress on her birthday

Thoughts by Her Majesty The Empress on the Occasion of Her Birthday (2009)- The Imperial Household Agency
Old 10-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks a lot for posting. Her Majesty seems to be very interested in matters such as economy and, further than that, in the human beings whose lives have been affectad by the crisis...

Tags
emperor akihito, empress michiko