Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko Current Events Part 2: September 2006- January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard cookies both of them, they're not even thinking of abdicating right? I liked the scene when they met Obama, he instantly became President O-bow-a :lol: that was hilarious :D .

Hard cookies both of them, they're not even thinking of abdicating right?
HIM the Emperor is the Emperor and the highest ranking shinto priest until his last breath.
The abdication is not possible.
You should read some nice books on the topic!:)

Uzbekistan President Islam Karimov and his wife Tatyana have been received by
Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on February
9, 2011. Karimov is on a three-day visit to Japan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

HM the Emperor's health problem is not life threatening

Palace officials say Japan's Emperor has a heart condition linked to arteriosclerosis but the problem is not life threatening.The Imperial Household Agency says Emperor Akihito, 77, will be treated with medication. He underwent tests Friday at a Tokyo hospital after an earlier checkup detected insufficient blood flow to his heart during exercise.
The agency says Akihito will stay at the hospital overnight and then return to the palace, where he will continue his official duties. - AFP
Mainichi Daily News article

HIM the Emperor is the Emperor and the highest ranking shinto priest until his last breath.
The abdication is not possible.
You should read some nice books on the topic!:)

Hey thanx 4 the books & everything, I'll read all of them :) . I just hope the Emperor and all the other Pokemons will be fine :angel: arteriosclerosis is a damn big deal.

Palace officials say Japan's Emperor has a heart condition linked to arteriosclerosis but the problem is not life threatening.The Imperial Household Agency says Emperor Akihito, 77, will be treated with medication. He underwent tests Friday at a Tokyo hospital after an earlier checkup detected insufficient blood flow to his heart during exercise.
The agency says Akihito will stay at the hospital overnight and then return to the palace, where he will continue his official duties. - AFP
Mainichi Daily News article

Here's a pic of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko leaving the Imperial Palace for the University of Tokyo Hospital on February 11:

** Pic **

Emperor visits Diet library in 1st outing since heart checkup

HM the Emperor Akihito, accompanied by Empress Michiko, visited the National Diet Library in Tokyo on Monday in his first official outing since he was hospitalized Friday to undergo a checkup on his heart, the Imperial Household Agency said. - Mainichi Daily

In the pic where they're in the car they're just awesome very cool pic. Post more plz, i'm enamoured with this chic couple!

:previous: Awww, they look so cute in that picture! Someone must have told a funny joke, they seem to be giggling!

Thanks for the photo!
It has been a pleasure to see Their Majesties receiving guests. It is nice to know that Emperor Akihito feels well to undertake official duties. On a different notes, I have to note that Princess of Bhutan looks lovely.

Last edited:
The American journalist who was assigned to cover TIM the Imperial Couple's visit to USA in 1994 recollects the memories of his meeting with the Emperor and the Empress. - St Louis Beacon

Michi is a beauty no wonder she took the only Emperor in da world, kinda cool alright. Love the pix and her clothes. Exotic beauty in my eyes!

Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari has met Emperor Akihito at the Imperial
Palace in Tokyo February 23, 2011. Zardari is in Japan for a three-day visit.

Serbian President Boris Tadic is greeted by Japanese Emperor Akihito for their
luncheon at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on March 9, 2011. Tadic is on a
three-day visit to Tokyo.

Rest between

Serbian President Boris Tadic is greeted by Japanese Emperor Akihito for their
luncheon at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo on March 9, 2011. Tadic is on a
three-day visit to Tokyo. **

Imperial Household Agency said from now on when the meeting is continue to luncheon, there will be a rest time in between. That would help for the Emperor as well as guest to relax. :flowers:

The luncheon was attended by the Crown Prince himself and also Prince Hitachi.

?????????????????????????? - 47NEWS??????????

by Kyodo News

The earth quake in Japan

Yesterday we had huge earth quake, within 2 hours, the news was release that the Emperor and Empress both are in their palace and they are fine. Also Crown Princes and Princess, Princess Aiko all of them are fine.

y’nkz“Vcc@—¼•Ã‰ºA“Œ‹{‚²ˆê‰Æ–³Ž–

by ANN News

So many people are out of touch with their family yet, even Tokyo area where most buildings and house are standing with violent shakes over and over that nobody has experienced before.
The north area of Tokyo is just disaster after disaster and we don't know exactly, people are asking for help who survived. Just not there. I'm not able to contact one of my family member in Sendai area yet.

You can look at the live news here:
foxtokimekitonight on USTREAM:

It's been a terrible day in Japan. I hope that your family member is safe and well, Mariko.:flowers:

The north area of Tokyo is just disaster after disaster and we don't know exactly, people are asking for help who survived. Just not there. I'm not able to contact one of my family member in Sendai area yet.

Thank you, I am not alone in this

Hi Mermaid 1962,

Thank you for your thought. I live outside of Japan, I was able to get in touch with my aunt 80 years old who lives in Tokyo by neighbor、but my cousin who lives in Sendai area is beyond my reach now.

I once read when the Emperor felt tremor in his office where he was working he quickly stop working and went to turn on TV to check safety of his people - People who are in Japan. His mind is alway with us. I can't imagine how he is taking this earth quake.  

It's been a terrible day in Japan. I hope that your family member is safe and well, Mariko.:flowers:

This must be horrible for the Emperor and Empress, and for the rest of the Imperial Family as well. I think that it would be very hard to be in comfort when one's people are suffering.

BTW has the Emperor made a statement?

I once read when the Emperor felt tremor in his office where he was working he quickly stop working and went to turn on TV to check safety of his people - People who are in Japan. His mind is alway with us. I can't imagine how he is taking this earth quake.  

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and friends Mariko.
This disaster must be devastating to the Imperial Family as it is to the Government.

Hi Katrianna,

Thanks for your thought.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and friends Mariko.
This disaster must be devastating to the Imperial Family as it is to the Government.

A word from the Emperor

The Emperor has send condolences to the victims of the earthquake as well as sympathy to the wounded through Mr. Hageta of Imperial Household Agency. His words has been send through many broadcast companies. While I was writing this note I heard the NHK announcer mentioning his words on the web I mentioned yesterday.

by Sankei

【東日本大震災】両陛下がお悔やみとお見舞い - MSN産経ニュース

nhk-gtv on USTREAM: NHK

This must be horrible for the Emperor and Empress, and for the rest of the Imperial Family as well. I think that it would be very hard to be in comfort when one's people are suffering.

BTW has the Emperor made a statement?

Last edited:
TIM the Emperor and the Empress met with recipients of the 39th Yomiuri Awards for Medical Dedication, commendations bestowed on medical professionals working under difficult circumstances on March 3rd 2011.
Eighteen award recepients attended the meeting with the Imperial couple.
The award ceremony was held at a Tokyo hotel prior to the meeting with the Imperial couple. - The Yomiuri Shimbun

Thank goodness the JRF are safe! I hope your family is too Mariko

Given the current situation in Japan, it is nice to know that Their Majesties undertake official engagements.

Hi Roseroyal,

Thank you for your thought. I just worry about the Emperor and Empress for their health with this disaster of the earthquake knowing he and his wife care so much about people of Japan. I heard The Emperor already sent messenger to KASUGA TAISHA in Nara for praying.

One thing I realize this time from NHK Japan Broadcasting Corporation's online screen that they are sending a emergency notice just before the actual earthquake happens. Perhaps 15 or 30 seconds. That's a mazing it will give time to put yourself in safer place like under a desk.
(The children are trained at the school to go under the desk for the earthquake to protect. )

nhk-gtv on USTREAM: NHK

Thank goodness the JRF are safe! I hope your family is too Mariko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom