Divorce For Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid & Princess Haya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She was cheating on Sheikh Mohammed for 2 years but he didn't divorce her immediately used her for Latifa II case to arrange a meeting with Mary Robinson. After the photos of Latifa and Mary Robinson backfired then Princess Haya gave that radio interview where she said Latifa II is fine well treated and if anything wrong she will never help Sheikh Mohammed. Something really weird he wasn't sad about the affair but the Mary Robinson photos didn't help him with the case. So he took his frustration on Princess Haya.

She was cheating on Sheikh Mohammed for 2 years but he didn't divorce her immediately ....

Makes me speechless...I didn't expect her to have an affair out of wedlook. What a mess...

Last edited:
The situation is ugly all around. Princess Haya's actions may have a negative impact on the Jordanian state relations with the Gulf kingdoms.

Last edited:
The situation is ugly all around. Princess Haya's actions may have a negative impact on the Jordanian state relations with the Gulf kingdoms.

Gulf countries will be more strict with their women now. For Sheikh Mohammed this is very humiliating especially in a society like UAE 1st his daughters and now his wife. This is might be the reason he explained to his sons it's better to marry your cousin at least they won't run away from UAE. This is getting nasty 3 countries rulers are directly indirectly involved.

Gulf countries will be more strict with their women now. For Sheikh Mohammed this is very humiliating especially in a society like UAE 1st his daughters and now his wife. This is might be the reason he explained to his sons it's better to marry your cousin at least they won't run away from UAE. This is getting nasty 3 countries rulers are directly indirectly involved.
Princess Haya's actions put an unnecessary strain on the Jordanian relations with much richer kingdoms. It is impossible for me to comment on relationships inside the Gulf royal families.

Last edited:
I still find it hard to believe that Haya could have an affair without her husband knowing , I can only assume that he had already severed any emotional ties with her , and looked upon the fact of her affair as the perfect ammunition to part her from the children . Allowing [ losing the court case] it to become public , by using the affair as part of his custody case was a massive miscalculation on the part of his lawyer's . He has now been publicly humiliated , the fallout will not be pretty .

Her former husband was the one who started a media campaign in late June making her affair with her bodyguard (which she shouldn't have had) public knowledge. So, I don't see how the release of the court documents leads to his public humiliation; his previous actions already did.

N.B. Given that the court case also states that they hadn't been intimate for a while before the affair started, it seemed that he had severed both his emotional and physical ties with her.

Makes me speechless...I didn't expect her to have an affair out of wedlook. What a mess...

Would you apply the same rules and indignation towards him having official mistresses (called 'unofficial wives' in the legal documents) or is this reserved for women (who are not longer treated like a wife by their husbands)?

I'd say Mohammed's action may have a negative impact on the relationships between the UAE and Jordan (him loosing this case means that Haya can finally share what really happened).

Last edited by a moderator:
... [snipped]I'd say Mohammed's action may have a negative impact on the relationships between the UAE and Jordan (him loosing this case means that Haya can finally share what really happened).
Is there anything UAE needs Jordan for? It is impossible for me to come up with reasons.

Is there anything UAE needs Jordan for? It is impossible for me to come up with reasons.

Neither can I but I'd like to put blame where the blame is. I am sure the Jordanian royal family would rather not be in this position but I wouldn't say that it is Haya's fault - it is her ex-husband's fault but because he is much more powerful than his former wife (the main reason that the court is not giving him access to his children right now - as the court doesn't trust him even if he would produce hundreds of waivers as they know they are worthless as soon as the children are in the UEA), she is blamed.

Would you apply the same rules and indignation towards him having official mistresses (called 'unofficial wives' in the legal documents) or is this reserved for women (who are not longer treated like a wife by their husbands)?.

It is reserved for everyone who cheating its spouse. Gender of the cheater doesn't matter, same rules for both. I think its always a better way just having one wife or one man in someone's life at the same time.

When a marriage stops working, it makes more sense to me to end a failed marriage first before starting a new relationship.

Last edited:
It is reserved for everyone who cheating its spouse. Gender of the cheater doesn't matter, same rules for both. I think its always a better way just having one wife or one man in someone's life at the same time.

When a marriage stops working, it makes more sense to me to end a failed marriage first before starting a new relationship.

I'd say that the first course of action is to work on the marriage before ending it but fully agree otherwise. Was Haya in a position to end the marriage? If she would have done so a few years ago, would she have lost her children?

I also took the Ben Salman arranged marriage plans with grain of salt, but what i find intersting the story of Haya adultery did she accepts and admits the act ?

It appears she must have been the source of that information; otherwise, had an allegation been put forward by a third party and denied by Princess Haya, the judge would have been obliged to record the denial and deal with the evidence for the allegation, in the same way he recorded Sheikh Mohammed's denials of the allegations relating to his own actions, together with the evidence on which the judge found those allegations to be proven.

(the main reason that the court is not giving him access to his children right now - as the court doesn't trust him even if he would produce hundreds of waivers as they know they are worthless as soon as the children are in the UEA), she is blamed.

I think that is the rationale regarding the assurances to the UK foreign office. As for the waivers of diplomatic immunity, their leading flaw is said to be that they concern only Sheikh Mohammed personally and would not cover the employees and agents who could potentially seize the children on his orders.

I'd say that the first course of action is to work on the marriage before ending it but fully agree otherwise. Was Haya in a position to end the marriage? If she would have done so a few years ago, would she have lost her children?

You are right. Well she would have been able to end her marriage but surely she would have lost free access to the children if she hadn't chosen to escape with them before.

I think that is the rationale regarding the assurances to the UK foreign office. As for the waivers of diplomatic immunity, their leading flaw is said to be that they concern only Sheikh Mohammed personally and would not cover the employees and agents who could potentially seize the children on his orders.

Yes, that is part of the concern but the expected non-response of the UK is another. The judgment itself specifically states that both the possibility of others abducting the children is present despite the waivers and assurances of both M and the UAE (76 states that despite the assurances provided he is not able "to place any weight upon them in terms of regarding them as providing protection for the children from the risk of abduction within England and Wales") but the judge is also concerned about the risk of the assurances and waivers not being followed - with the UK either unable or unwilling to do something about it; it states in 77 that "Whilst the assurances, on their face, undoubtedly establish a legally binding promise that the terms of any order of this court will be respected and enforced, the court is, for the reasons that I have give, at present wholly unable to discern whether, and if so how, such an assurance would be enforced by the UK, either as a matter of international law or diplomatically, in the event of a breach". The 'essential elements' are specified (in 79) as, firstly, clear evidence of the likely approach of the UK government in case of such a breach and, secondly, the point you already stated about the waiver not being 'comprehensive' but including loop holes for those acting on his behalf.

This has never been a 'marriage' by normal standards for both of them - Haya got in bed with the devil and she knew beforehand who he was and what he stands for. I guess she thought she could handle it but it was wrong.
A man who has had dozens of children by multiple wives already at the time of the marriage will have other motivations than love, and so did the bride.
I guess they were still happily 'married' if Haya remained childless, this is where the fun part ended, as the Shamsa example showed, an event that happened before the marriage between Sheikh Mohammed and Haya. Either she did not care back then or did not believe it could happen to her future children as well.

This has never been a 'marriage' by normal standards for both of them - Haya got in bed with the devil and she knew beforehand who he was and what he stands for. I guess she thought she could handle it but it was wrong.
A man who has had dozens of children by multiple wives already at the time of the marriage will have other motivations than love, and so did the bride.
I guess they were still happily 'married' if Haya remained childless, this is where the fun part ended, as the Shamsa example showed, an event that happened before the marriage between Sheikh Mohammed and Haya. Either she did not care back then or did not believe it could happen to her future children as well.

So the Latifa story was the trigger? Becauae Mo already knew about the bodyguard but didnt care?

Sheikh Mohammed may / may not have started the whispering about an [at the time ]"rumoured affair " , which the bodyguard denied at the time ,however to my mind that is a very different thing to having it publicly / legally stated . This IMO is why he fought so hard to prevent the court's judgement from being made public . Yes the judgement also found that he was responsible for the kidnappings of both his daughters , but he has never shown any concern about western public perception of his treatment of his "rogue" daughter's , let alone regard for any legal ramification's of his actions . Rumour's are one thing , having it stated that your most public/ Hashemite royal wife was so dissatisfied in her marriage that she had an affair with her bodyguard, a man whose wages you paid is quite another .

Sheikh Mohammed may / may not have started the whispering about an [at the time ]"rumoured affair " , which the bodyguard denied at the time ,however to my mind that is a very different thing to having it publicly / legally stated . This IMO is why he fought so hard to prevent the court's judgement from being made public . Yes the judgement also found that he was responsible for the kidnappings of both his daughters , but he has never shown any concern about the western public perception of his treatment of his "rogue" daughter's , let alone regard for any legal ramification's of his actions . Rumour's are one thing , having it stated that your most public/ Hashemite royal wife was so dissatisfied in her marriage that she had an affair with her bodyguard, a man whose wages you paid is quite another .

Exactly UAE is an Islamic country with conservative values and only Sheikh Mohammed had a public wife Princess Haya no other Emirates ruler ever had a wife who walks with them in public events dressed up glamorous. Now the same wife cheated on him going to make him a laughing stock in front of the people outside and inside of the family who were not happy with his marriage to Princess Haya. This is might be the reason he made his 3 main sons settled with their cousin so there will be no problems like this. I don't think so he really gives a damn about what western people and their media think about him unless the Dubai tourism industry suffers because of these controversies which highly doubt ever going to happen. Sheikh Mohammed going to be more strict with his family members from now. He will be more traditional and will never allow any daughters or daughter- in- law to be a public figure.

Sheikh Mohammed may / may not have started the whispering about an [at the time ]"rumoured affair " , which the bodyguard denied at the time ,however to my mind that is a very different thing to having it publicly / legally stated . This IMO is why he fought so hard to prevent the court's judgement from being made public . Yes the judgement also found that he was responsible for the kidnappings of both his daughters , but he has never shown any concern about western public perception of his treatment of his "rogue" daughter's , let alone regard for any legal ramification's of his actions . Rumour's are one thing , having it stated that your most public/ Hashemite royal wife was so dissatisfied in her marriage that she had an affair with her bodyguard, a man whose wages you paid is quite another .

The court concluded that this was proven, so, I see no reason to cause doubt about that fact. Moreover, it was not 'whispering' but a targeted media campaign with over 1100 articles within a few weeks targeted at ruining princess Haya's reputation. So, now using it as 'poor me/poor Mohammed, my/his reputation is tampered because the same judge that concluded that I/he started this campaign to accuse my/his former wife of this affair also acknowledged that she had this affair' is very inconsistent in my opinion.

Princess Haya gave testimony under oath, the bodyguard also, consequently they could not lie. Consequently matter has been written to the findings report, and is fully true.
Having an affair while married (even considering what this marriage was at this time... ) it is certainly not good for every married person, (even with a polygameous partner, this is another discussion..), but Haya’s fault remains a private matter, and in the occidental world is not criminal act.
But kidnapping adult daughters, despite their will, in a foreign territory, transgress many laws, torturing and keeping them prisoners, these are heavy kriminal acts, punishable by the law.
So we should not mix up thinks by putting them in the same level, because they are not.
Cheating on husband does not give him the right to terrorise, threaten or try to kidnap the cheater wife. He has just the right to divorce. Openly and in a civilized manner.

Neither can I but I'd like to put blame where the blame is. I am sure the Jordanian royal family would rather not be in this position but I wouldn't say that it is Haya's fault - it is her ex-husband's fault but because he is much more powerful than his former wife (the main reason that the court is not giving him access to his children right now - as the court doesn't trust him even if he would produce hundreds of waivers as they know they are worthless as soon as the children are in the UEA), she is blamed.
I believe that both parties are equally guilty of the fiasco, which ensued the divorce. Long-term effect on Jordan's economy remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Maybe Princess Haya uses her affair being public knowledge for her cause. If I get the male mentality of the rulers in the middle east right, being the daughter of a xxx(I don't want to use the word) lowers her daughters worth as a trophy wife. If she took that into consideration and/or uses it as side-effect, I'll applaud her bravery even more than I already have.

Last edited:
The court concluded that this was proven, so, I see no reason to cause doubt about that fact. Moreover, it was not 'whispering' but a targeted media campaign with over 1100 articles within a few weeks targeted at ruining princess Haya's reputation. So, now using it as 'poor me/poor Mohammed, my/his reputation is tampered because the same judge that concluded that I/he started this campaign to accuse my/his former wife of this affair also acknowledged that she had this affair' is very inconsistent in my opinion.

Princess Haya gave testimony under oath, the bodyguard also, consequently they could not lie. Consequently matter has been written to the findings report, and is fully true.
Having an affair while married (even considering what this marriage was at this time... ) it is certainly not good for every married person, (even with a polygameous partner, this is another discussion..), but Haya’s fault remains a private matter, and in the occidental world is not criminal act.
But kidnapping adult daughters, despite their will, in a foreign territory, transgress many laws, torturing and keeping them prisoners, these are heavy kriminal acts, punishable by the law.
So we should not mix up thinks by putting them in the same level, because they are not.
Cheating on husband does not give him the right to terrorise, threaten or try to kidnap the cheater wife. He has just the right to divorce. Openly and in a civilized manner.

I don't think posters were arguing in favor of Sheikh Mohammed's narrative, but rather attempting to explain what some view as an inconsistency in his actions (that is, launching a public media campaign and orchestrating the abduction of one of his daughters in a public space, and yet fighting the publication of a court judgment about these same issues).

Last edited:

Here’s a question?? Would cheating affect how the divorce go? Not the children just the money part?

Here’s a question?? Would cheating affect how the divorce go? Not the children just the money part?

In a normal divorce? No. Adultery can not be used to reduce, remove or if you were the victim, increase the amount of alimony provided.

But they likely had a pre-nup. And adultery is usually a clause in those.

In a normal divorce? No. Adultery can not be used to reduce, remove or if you were the victim, increase the amount of alimony provided.

But they likely had a pre-nup. And adultery is usually a clause in those.
They for sure have a prenup and I believe that adultery should be in. But here is the question:how do we define adultery for a guy who has already 6 wifes? Having an affair or to take a 7th one?

Last edited:
They for sure have a prenup and I believe that adultery should be in. But here is the question:how do we define adultery for a guy who has already 6 wifes? Having an affair or to take a 7th one?

The definition of adultery is a married person having relations with someone who they are not married to. A seventh, eighth or any other number wife in a country where polygamy is the law, would in no way be adultery.

She would have to try and prove that he had a mistress he was not married to. But she would have to have actual evidence in court. Not likely to happen.

The only person an adultery clause in a pre-nup with hurt here is Haya.

They for sure have a prenup and I believe that adultery should be in. But here is the question:how do we define adultery for a guy who has already 6 wives? Having an affair or to take the 7th one?

When Sheikh Mohammed married Princess Haya he had only one wife Sheikha Hind. All others were divorced at that time.

When Sheikh Mohammed married Princess Haya he had only one wife Sheikha Hind. All others were divorced at that time.

He is still married to Majid mother as well ( she lives in Dubai with her daughters)

Back
Top Bottom