The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for more information! Honestly, I didn't know that we can find Sheikhas in Lebanon.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Posts asking about heights have been moved to the Heights of Royals thread in the Royal Chit Chat forum.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

Have anyone heard anything about the Maktoum´s boyz grandmothers???

Are they alive?? or active in social events??
Old 12-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Commoner

Yes Shk Mohammed Sons Have Only One Grandmother Alive which Shk Hinds Mother (Sheikha Sheikha bin Saeed Al Maktoum)
she is not really active but everyone in dubai knows her
Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniz1999 View Post
Sheikha bouchra and sheika alia wives from maktoum bin rashid al maktoum .and sheikha bouchra is killed from sheikh i hear right? Any pics.i hear she beauty woman from marocco and alia pics?
No Bouchra is not killed by the sheikh ppl stop saying things u r not sure of she died after him. she died while she was a sleep and she was planning to spend her hoilday with her boys mohammed, hamdan (He lives in london) and zayed in london

Shk Alia Doesnt have any pictures seen in public She is the most amazing lady I have ever known in my life
Old 01-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Can anyone tell me any information about Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Commoner

Sheikh Saeed Bin Maktoum

Is the eldest son of the late sheikh Maktoum (Former Ruler od Dubai)
He is the son of Shiekh Alia Bint Khailfa Al Maktoum and he is married to an unknown lady
and he have 5 children (Rashid. Moza(twins) Khailfa, Maktoum & Mohammed)
Old 01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks a lot dubai-girl for informations!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Commoner

Can anyone explain what Al Maiden is exactly? I know that Sh. Hamdan is involved in it but I don't know anything else about it.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenlake View Post
Can anyone explain what Al Maiden is exactly? I know that Sh. Hamdan is involved in it but I don't know anything else about it.
It's a dance competition.Men are dancing with a weapon in this competition.This dance is part of their culture.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Did Natasha, wife of Saeed bin Maktoum have her baby? She was due in Sept. If so do you have a name, sex and birth date?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
It's a dance competition.Men are dancing with a weapon in this competition.This dance is part of their culture.
Thanks. It explains a lot.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Commoner

Question Ruler of Dubai and Crown Prince of Dubai

OK so I have a question about the titles of the Dubai family.. Ok so Sheikh Mo is the ruler of Dubai and he named his son Hamdan crown prince of Dubai. From what I understand Mo was crown prince of Dubai but then he became ruler so umm... ok im confusing myself sorry ok so now Hamdan is CP so then when Mo kicks the bucket (god forbid anytime soon) he will become Ruler of Dubai right? Isn't that like a title downgrade? cause i mean as CP hes well Sheikh Hamdan Crown Prince of Dubai and as rule well hes just Sheikh Hamdan Ruler of Dubai... ok so what im trying to ask is whats the difference and why isn't Mo a King. Like the Jordon house.... Sorry is this post doesn't make sense i think im more confused than before I asked my question. OK ill go away now sorry to be a bother....
Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Sheikh Mohammed isn't a King because Dubai is not a Kingdom, it is an Emirate, once called a Sheikhdom. The European equivalent would be a Principality.
Sheikh Mohammed, like the other Rulers of the Emirates, uses the title of "Ruler" rather than "Emir" or "Prince".
The designated successor has been given the title of Crown Prince. When the Crown Prince succeeds his father in due course he will become the Ruler of Dubai.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Gentry

Who is this Sh. Maktoum with an iranain wife?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Courtier

Do you speak about the late Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid al Maktoum, the former ruler of Dubai and elder brother of the actual ruler? He died three years ago and was married to a young Iranian lady.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Gentry

I don´t know... All I heard was that there was/is a Sh. Maktoum with an Iranian wife. I was wondering which Sh. Maktoum it was...
Old 02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Gentry

Hello, I have a big doubt ... The sons of the Sheikh of Dubai are married? Did they marry their own family members?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Aristocracy

Hey if Sheikh Hamdan gets to be next Dubai´s Ruler Is that mean that he´s going to be the UAE´s Vice president too???
Old 02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Yes, the power-sharing arrangement is for the Ruler of Dubai to be the Vice President of the UAE just as the Ruler of Abu Dhabi is the President.
In accordance with the UAE Constitution the Supreme Council of Rulers [the seven rulers] elect the President, but it is defacto hereditary to the Al Nahyan clan and the same applies to the Al Maktoums and the Vice Presidency.

This came about because Abu Dhabi and Dubai formed their own independent union in December 1971 when the British Protectorate over the Trucial States expired. They then invited the other five Emirates to join them.

Tags
al maktoum, dubai, sheikh, sheikha