General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Dubai

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh she’s not marrying any sheikh! ? pleasently surprised more sheikhas marry ordinary people. Will she remain a sheikha after her wedding and will her children be called sheikhs/sheikhas as well?

Sheikha Hind's eldest half sister Aysha bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum married a non-sheikh, Khalifa bin Juma Al Naboodah. Ruler Humaid al nuaimi sister also married an Al-futteim. Fawzia bint Hamdan bin Mohamed al Nahyan also married a man from Al Falahi. Her son wasn't called a Sheikh. [source:wedding news]
But these marriages are much rare. The women will remain Sheikha, not her kids.

It looks like she is pregnant. The baby bump is clearly visible. Nothing surprising she and her sisters Maryam 1 & 2 having children yearly basis.

It looks like she is pregnant. The baby bump is clearly visible. Nothing surprising she and her sisters Maryam 1 & 2 having children yearly basis.

But this child can be her last baby. Soon, she will be 40. New sibling for her toddlers.

I can see the bump too. Is it still common for emirati women to give birth every year or is it just in the ruling families? The daughters of Sheikh Mohammed Latifa and both Maryams have kids every year. Then theres Shaikha bint Butti and Maryam bint Butti who gave birth every year.

Is it still common for emirati women to give birth every year or is it just in the ruling families? .....
No, its not common to give birth every year but may happen in some families. On average, younger Emirati families (both between 20-40 years old) today have just 2 to 4 children.

Last edited:
I can see the bump too. Is it still common for emirati women to give birth every year or is it just in the ruling families? The daughters of Sheikh Mohammed Latifa and both Maryams have kids every year. Then theres Shaikha bint Butti and Maryam bint Butti who gave birth every year.

They love to have kids. Just look at their age who are having babies on yearly basis. Still age is a factor for women to have babies. As i said Latifa-1 turning 40, its her last baby probably. Both bint butti are 33+. Maryam-1 is 35 already. As they like to have kids and married late, they are having kids on yearly basis. Nothing uncommon. A woman who wants to have 3/4 kids, may have them on yearly basis to keep low age gap. We dont know if their youngest child is the last one!
If you see ruling family members who have only 3/4 children, you wont find much age gap between their children.

Last edited:
Oh you right! Thank you. Last night Salama, Maryam, Shamma posted stories with fireworks on instagram. Shaikha bint Saeed, Futaim bint Mohammed and other girls were tagged as well. Any idea what they were celebrating?

Oh you right! Thank you. Last night Salama, Maryam, Shamma posted stories with fireworks on instagram. Shaikha bint Saeed, Futaim bint Mohammed and other girls were tagged as well. Any idea what they were celebrating?

The fireworks are being a part of Dubai Shopping Festival where discounts and savings are to be had across shopping spots across the city in January. There are some firework show locations during this month like The Beach, Burj Al Arab, Dubai Frame, Al Seef, Dubai Creek, and Dubai Festival City Mall.

Last edited:
Anyway, one of an Al-Maktoum apparently married to a Lancaster. If my memory serve me right, it was sh. Rashed. But, I forgot what is his full name is. Does his wife that is Lancaster, really descent from European royalties? Thanks to whoever answer my question :flowers:

Sheikha Latifa bint Ahmed Al Maktoum celebrating other special person ,and she described her as friend, sister and partner in crime @nawarym. Who she is ?

Anyway, one of an Al-Maktoum apparently married to a Lancaster. If my memory serve me right, it was sh. Rashed. But, I forgot what is his full name is. Does his wife that is Lancaster, really descent from European royalties? Thanks to whoever answer my question :flowers:

The man is Rashid bin Ahmed bin Maktoum bin Juma. He is a cousin of Hamdan from both maternal and paternal side. Probably they married in 2015

The Lancaster clan is dead sense a long time in Europe. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lancaster
Thank you, you're right their glorious time already died down a long time ago. But, I am just wondering if she who happened to be has the same name like them really descent from this abolished royalty house? And speaking of abolished royalty, a few days ago the last king of abolished monarchy of Greece passed away. I wonder if sh. Mahra who's mother is from Greek descent, went to Greece to attended the funeral of their former king. Apparently, she hasn't post anything for a few days. Where is she?

The man is Rashid bin Ahmed bin Maktoum bin Juma. He is a cousin of Hamdan from both maternal and paternal side. Probably they married in 2015
Thank you yeah u right Puchu, what I mean was that Rashid.

Does Natalie hold the title Sheikha now that she's married to Sheikh Rashid? She didn't convert to islam so it means she can't be called a sheikha?

Does Natalie hold the title Sheikha now that she's married to Sheikh Rashid? She didn't convert to islam so it means she can't be called a sheikha?

Sure she can be called a Sheikha. The designation for a member of a ruling family in UAE has little relation to belonging to a religion but is more given out of traditions and our tribal culture here in Gulf countries. The term Sheikh (شيخ) is used by almost every male and female ( شيخة; Sheikha) member of the ruling houses of the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, and Kuwait, but not in Saudi Arabia where members of the royal family were called prince (arabic أمير, amir) and princess (arabic أميرة, amira).

The word Sheikh/Sheikha in Arabic stems from a root connected with age and aging: ش-ي-خ, shīn-yā'-khā'. The title carries the meaning leader, elder, or noble, especially in the Arabian Peninsula within the different tribes of Arabia, where Shaikh became a traditional title of a Bedouin tribal leader in recent centuries (and Shaikha for a female member of a Shaikhs family). Due to the cultural impact of Arab civilization, and especially through the spread of Islam, the word has gained currency as a religious term or general honorific in many other parts of the world as well, notably in Muslim cultures in Africa and Asia.

Last edited:
Hamdan has welcomed his third child, a boy named Muhammad with his wife Shaikha. Congratulations to them.

Maktoum had his 3rd baby on 25th january and Hamdan got his 3rd one on 25th February. Sharply one month!

Last edited:
Do you know who is the husband of @gmr.57 (her instagram account)? All I know from her instagram is she is married to Hasher Al Maktoum, they have a 1 year old son Maktoum. She has never posted a photo of her husband or tagged her in the pics so do you know hsi full name? Does he have an instagram account?

Do you know who is the husband of @gmr.57? All I know from her instagram is she is married to Hasher Al Maktoum, they have a 1 year old son Maktoum. Does he have an instagram account?

She regularly posts in ig, i seen her tagging Hasher. Her name is Qamar/ Gamar, an emirati.
Btw, her husband is Hasher bin Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Hasher Al Maktoum, a son of Ousha bint Ahmed bin Juma. She is the 2nd wife of Hasher.
Also, Hasher is Latifa Al Nahyan's husband. (Maryam's husband Khaled's full sister)
His IG is hashermak

Does anyone know how old is Sheikha Hind bint Saeed (sister of Sheikha Shaikha)?

Also, Hasher is Latifa Al Nahyan's husband. (Maryam's husband Khaled's full sister)
His IG is hashermak

This Latifa the one from sh. Saqr's branch or which Latifa? Seriously, no shade for them, but they need to come up with more creative/another moeslim name :lol: why they like to giving their children name that their families member already have? Though I can guess some of the reasons, I wanted to know first hand why emirati like to do this.
Anyway, are they still married?

Last edited:
This Latifa the one from sh. Saqr's branch or which Latifa? Seriously, no shade for them, but they need to come up with more creative/another moeslim name :lol: why they like to giving their children name that their families member already have? Though I can guess some of the reasons, I wanted to know first hand why emirati like to do this.

Latifa bint Mohammed bin Hamdan Al Nahyan.

I’ve lost count whe it comes to Latifa bit Khalifa.

Hind bint Saeed bin Thani was born in 1992. Probably today is her birthday.

Oh thank you! Yeah her cousins and sister wished her happy birthday today. So she’s two years younger than Shaikha.

Oh thank you! Yeah her cousins and sister wished her happy birthday today. So she’s two years younger than Shaikha.

Not two exactly. More like 1 year three months. Btw their brother Maktoum was born in November, 1993.

Latifa bint Mohammed bin Hamdan Al Nahyan.
Thanks, so it's really the one from sh. Saqr's branch

I’ve lost count whe it comes to Latifa bit Khalifa.

IKR, they must have some kind of super memory or something, with a lot of families member who share the same name with one another ?

Only latifa from Saqr branch i know is Latifa bint Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Zayed bin Saqr Al Nahyan, basma Al Qasimi's daughter. Latifa is most common in Maktoum family... Oh i used to mix up before.

Btw this latifa bint Mohammed bin Hamdan Al Nahyan's paternal grandmother is Shamsa bint Saqr bin Zayed and Her mother is Salha bint Zayed bin Saqr bin Zayed. Closely related to Saqr branch!
There is no news if they are separated. Hasher's 2nd marriage happened at the end of 2020.

Did Sheikh Maktoum bin Juma had more than one wife? I know he was married to Sheikha Shaikha bint Saeed. Do you know the names of all his children and wives?

Did Sheikh Maktoum bin Juma have more than one wife? I know he was married to Sheikha Shaikha bint Saeed. Do you know the names of all his children and wives?

Yes, he had another non-royal Emirati wife Fatima bint Khalifa Al Ketbi and another one with whom he had only one daughter Aisha. I can't recall Aisha's mother name. His children from Fatima are Juma, Mohammed, Suhail, Madiyah, Roudha, and Atheeja. Apart from Aisha, Hind, and Hassa non of the girls got married.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom