Princess Christina (1947-2019) and Family, News and Events Part 1 (June 2003 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kelly said:
She sings for pleasure? That is an interesting note.

The princess used to sing in the choir at one of the Catholic churches in the Hague.

Yesterday in RTL Boulevard they showed the myspaces of Nicolas and his sister Juliana.. Juliana has a Marilyn Monroe hairdo (profile picture). However I could not find their pages myself

Interesting! Too bad you have to be their "friends" to see more. What does Juliana do for a living?

Nicolas has a girlfriend named "Chrissy" (or something like that).
They are possibly engaged. When they marry, the whole royal family will be present.

Nicolas (and maybe Juliana too) studies. I don't know what kind of study.
Watch the video of RTL Boulevard for photos from the profile of Nicolas!

Last edited:
I'm curious about the titles of Christina's children. I was looking up some things at wikipedia and I noticed that Margriet's children are the only ones with the prince and princess titles. Why is that? Wouldn't Christina's children have titles as well. I understand why Irene's children don't because of her children being de Borbon-Parma.

Aurora810 said:
I'm curious about the titles of Christina's children. I was looking up some things at wikipedia and I noticed that Margriet's children are the only ones with the prince and princess titles. Why is that? Wouldn't Christina's children have titles as well. I understand why Irene's children don't because of her children being de Borbon-Parma.
Irene and Chrisitna were married without permission and they and they children renounced rights to the throne. And they both converted to Catholicism.

From wikipedia: Princess Margriet of the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Their engagement was announced on 10 March 1965, and they were married on 10 January 1967 in The Hague. It was decreed that any children of the marriage would be styled HH Prince/Princess van Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, titles that would not be hereditary.

Last edited:
magnik said:
Irene and Chrisitna were married without permission and they and they children renounced rights to the throne. And they both converted to Catholicism.

From wikipedia: Princess Margriet of the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Their engagement was announced on 10 March 1965, and they were married on 10 January 1967 in The Hague. It was decreed that any children of the marriage would be styled HH Prince/Princess van Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, titles that would not be hereditary.

Oh, I get it. So similar to what has happened with Johan Friso and Mabel. Thanks.

Bernardo Guillermo,eldest son of HRH princess Christina celebrates his 30th birthday today.Bernardo lives in the US.

As posted by Martin T on the Benelux Royals MB:

Coming saturday (Nov. 17th) princess Christina, youngest sister of queen Beatrix, will present a program on the dutch classical radio station 'radio 4'.

In this program (9-11 AM), famous dutch men and women every week present their own choice of classical music.

One of the princesses' own numbers which will be heard is a song called 'Speak Low'. Other songs are f.g. 'O del mio dolce ardor' and 'Amarilli mia bella'.

saw christina saterday at the prinsess christina concours in the hague, she is very very small in real life.
an older gentleman told me there that a hostess once tried to get him to dance with christina at a party but he was sorry......

According to the blog of royalty author Marlene Koenig, 'Royal Musings', Bernardo Guillermo made a donation of $ 250.- to the campaign of senator Barack Obama (D).

Read Marlene's article here.

Wasn´t it because of her eye problem that there was all that confusion with Grete Hoffman(don´t know if I spelled it right)?

Wasn´t it because of her eye problem that there was all that confusion with Grete Hoffman(don´t know if I spelled it right)?

Yes,it started all because of that,poor Christina.Allthough,poor,she was spoiled rotten because of it and she knew how to play that,she was served hand and foot on every wimp.Took a while to get that out of everybodies system at the Palace,and once it was,a very independent Princess emerged,she is a truly awfully nice and warm Lady.HRH lives in London now,after many years in NYC.

(Never mind the spelling,it´s Greet and Hofman with one F only)..

HRH attended the final of the Princess Christina Jazz Concours,Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam last sunday.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer

This weekend it became clear that princess Christina put her money in a trust (Daffodil Trust) in a bank on the island of Guernsey. Labour MP Diederik Samson discussed the matter on the radio, saying how the RF still has to set the example and that it doesn't look good if they evade taxes. According to minister Donner the arguments were far fetched and the princess didn't do anything illegal, neither is she evading taxes.

--------------

From Dutchnews.nl:

Princess Christina uses tax loophole

Monday 02 February 2009
Labour and SP MPs have criticised a member of the Dutch royal family for avoiding taxes by putting her money in an offshore tax haven, the Volkskrant reports on Sunday.

Princess Christina, who is queen Beatrix’ sister and who renounced her rights to the throne when she became a Catholic is said to have inherited tens of millions of euros from her parents, queen Juliana and prince Bernhard.

Read more here.

Under-minister (staats secretaris) Jan Kees de Jager today defended princess Christina's financial construction in parlament. He was asked to clear up the situation by the labour party but according to de Jager the princess did not do anything illigal or something that would otherwise be troubling for the tax serivices. He also said that princess Christina does not live in the Netherlands so she is not oblidged to pay her taxes here either.

source: royalblog.

I cannot see what the problem is given that she is not in line for the throne, lives abroad and for all intents and purposes lives much of her life as a private citizen. Guernsey is rather a "tax haven" and Princess Christina will certainly save paying so much tax if her money is there. However, the British government is presumably happy with the banking system in the Channel Islands otherwise it would have imposed stringent tax rules there. The Dutch MP who apparently suggested that the Princess should be acting as a role model has, to my knowledge, never previously held her up as being a good role model before when she does "positive" things such as her singing and by the same rule should not question her ability to be a role model when, in his eyes, she does something wrong. Until MPs act consistently with their arguments, I shall refuse to take what they say seriously!

Juliana Guillermo attended the premiere of the musical 'Sister Act' in the Palladiumheatr te in London. She was pictured with the Dutch actor Jeroen Krabbé. The musical is produced by Joop van den Ende.

Source: Telegraaf

Bernardo Guillermo,eldest child and son of HRH Princess Christina,will getr maaried in a religious ceremony in NYC in september.He already married
in a civil ceremony last march with the mother ( Eva Prinz - Valdez) of his daughter,Isabel Christina born on april 13th.

Bernardo ( 32) is a furniture designer living in Manhattan,NYC,Eva is editor at a prominent publisher,they met in 2005.

Mr.and Mrs. Guillermo,I wish them every sort of luck & happiness!:flowers:

Next one expected to be engaged officially soon,is his cousin Carlos...good...:)

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2009/07/bernardo-gaat-trouwen-heeft-dochtertje.html

courtesy hja

Last edited:
Bernardo Guillermo,eldest child and son of HRH Princess Christina,will get married in a religious ceremony in NYC in september.He already married in a civil ceremony last march with the mother ( Eva Prinz - Valdez)
of his daughter,Isabel Christina born on april 13th.

Bernardo ( 32) is a furniture designer living in Manhattan,NYC,Eva is editor at a prominent publisher,they met in 2005.

Mr.and Mrs. Guillermo,I wish them every sort of luck & happiness!:flowers:

Next one expected to be engaged officially soon,is his cousin Carlos...good...:)

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Bernardo gaat trouwen, heeft dochtertje

courtesy hja

Btw,before I forget,do not expect much publicity on this wedding,Bernardo thinks his privacy very precious and hardly anyone knows he´s the grandson of HM Queen Juliana and his mom is a HRH,in NYC.He isn´t a dynast never had a title,his mom didn´t want too,she believed he would be happyer without all the puhahaha...:angel:

Last edited:
Bernardo has a child? I didn't know that. I also thought he was much younger than 32. Anyway, congratulations to him!

Bernardo has a child? I didn't know that. I also thought he was much younger than 32. Anyway, congratulations to him!

Like I said,Bernardo and Eva Guillermo like their privacy.
Just the Family knew ofcourse,and a few friends,and they do not talk.
:flowers:

They are so private!
People should happy that Bernardo and Eva shared their life-moments with them!!!

Is Isabel the first granchild of Princess Christina?

Back
Top Bottom