Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, I really dont think riding horeses whilst pregnant is a very smart idea. Am I wrong here? I know she is athletic and loves riding but she should wait until after the baby. Just my opinion of course.

I know if it were me, I'd certainly stop at a certain point even if I were an experienced rider. But Zara naturally has to make that judgment call for herself and has quit competitive riding because of the pregnancy.

Last edited:
I know if it were me, I'd certainly stop at a certain point even if I were an experienced rider. But Zara naturally has to make that judgment call for herself and has quit competitive riding because of the pregnancy.

She didn't quit because she was pregnant. Quote from her spokesman

The 32-year-old equestrian has made no secret of her plans to keep riding, both during and after the pregnancy. Last month, she cancelled her competitive riding commitments for the rest of the year, after qualifying for events next year. “All of Zara’s horses have qualified for the events she wishes to enter them for next year,” a spokesman says. “She does not actually need to compete any more.”

Riding is her profession.

I know riding is her profession. So if not for the pregnancy, why did she cancel the rest of her competitive engagements for the remainder of the year? It seems to me that's what the statement is implying.

Last edited:
Umm, I really dont think riding horeses whilst pregnant is a very smart idea. Am I wrong here? I know she is athletic and loves riding but she should wait until after the baby. Just my opinion of course.

Why? She would be following medical advice that would be tailored to her and her level of horsemanship and not a blanket statement put out by a medical association (or the Daily Mail) to cover all possible levels of rider.

She is not riding competitively just exercising and schooling her horses. There is probably as much risk of someone of her standard falling down stairs as falling off a horse. Good on her for treating the pregnancy as a normal life event and not a sickness.

The statement makes it perfectly clear that she cancelled her competetive events because all of her horses have already been qualified for next years events. Hence she has no need to continue to compete ( again having already quaified all her horses), but will continue to ride if she wants to.
Her mother continued to ride until 6 weeks before Zara was born.
Mary Fox Pitt continued to compete in 3 day events until nearly the 6 month mark of her pregnancy.

I certainly understand what the statement says and the circumstances could very well have coincided with her decision to discontinue competitive riding for the rest of the year and qualifying for next due to her condition. Perhaps it was actually planned for that. That's how I read it. Citing examples of other riders' decisions to continue competing while pregnant just illustrates that these are judgment calls for their individual situations. Everyone is different.

Galloping off to other topics now.

Last edited:
I certainly understand what the statement says and the circumstances could very well have coincided with her decision to discontinue competitive riding for the rest of the year and qualifying for next due to her condition. Perhaps it was actually planned for that. That's how I read it. Citing examples of other riders' decisions to continue competing while pregnant just illustrates that these are judgment calls for their individual situations. Everyone is different.

:lol:

Those Windsor gals sure do love their horsies and Zara is no exception. I wouldn't be surprised if she makes her horse a godparent.

What we don't know, of course, is whether she would have continued to ride competitively if she had a horse not qualified for next year.

We have her statement that she intended on continuing to compete - at a time when she still had one or two horses not qualified.

A couple of weeks later, with all horses qualified for next year, she announced that she would stop riding competitively.

Some people seem to assume that she stopped because of her pregnancy.

I prefer to believe her statements - she intended on competing but when all her horses were qualified she quit for the rest of this season. That her quitting happened shortly after the press run stories saying she should do so was pure coincidence.

She is still riding and training her horses - just not riding competitively, even riding at the competitions in dressage for the 'guinea pig' event for the judges before the competition proper begins.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 35m
Pregnant Zara Phillips looked radiant in a black long dress as she signed autographs for fans at the Olympic Ball in London tonight

She looks like she borrowed one of her mother's old maternity gowns from 1977 or 1981.

They are great indeed! Pregnancy suits her and her happiness is clearly visible

The Duchess of Cambridge has become a famous fan of the British High Street and now it seems the Kate effect is brushing off on the other royals.
While Kate chose to wear maternity clothes from Topshop while pregnant, Zara Phillips has opted for a similarly budget style by shopping at New Look.
The Queen's granddaughter wrapped up in a £49.99 coat to attend the races at Cheltenham.

Zara Phillips wraps up in New Look maternity coat | Mail Online

:previous: the newspaper that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

:previous: the newspaper that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

She is just so much like her mom in these photos - she has the same single-minded focus. Her stride is still indomitable. Of course, she shows her fun side just a bit more. Mike looks swell, too. His nose has a good side and an "oh my gawd" side. :lol:

Wow! Just how much bigger can Zara get? Baby putting on 1/2 pound a week now ... and if I'm wondering it, I'll bet Zara is wondering the same thing. :eek:

Zara looks so lovely, pregnancy really suits her. That baby must be quite a heavyweight one of its kind though... :D

Can't wait for the baby to come, I love that couple !

Does anyone know Zara's due date?
All I've heard is that it's early in the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom