The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The Commonwealth is quietly preparing for life after the Queen by grooming the Prince of Wales for a more prominent role in the club of former British colonies, The Daily Telegraph can disclose

Prince Charles takes first step to key new role - Telegraph
Thank you for posting the article, Skydragon!
I think to be leader of the Commonwealth one day will not be an easy job for Charles. The common interest of the countries are rare and the distance to the UK is a long one.
But it´s interesting to see this article in a series of other reports and information who say that Charles takes more and more steps in direction of his future role. It´s important for the monarchy to have such a well prepared Prince of Wales who will be the next on the throne.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Royal Highness

One, Charles looks so handsome and I love the pic of him and Camilla holding hands. They are an adorable couple.

Two--why are we talking about Al Gore and the election? It is one thing to discuss Prince Charles' comments in a speech, but to begin discussing Al Gore and politics, well, I don't think this is the place. It's too inflammatory--we should just keep this about Prince Charles---

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thumbs up

Charles to oversee mass clan gathering

PRINCE Charles is to be the patron of the largest Scottish clan gathering in almost 200 years.

Scotsman.com News - Scotland - Charles to oversee mass clan gathering
Old 11-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
why are we talking about Al Gore and the election? ...we should just keep this about Prince Charles---
The Al Gore posts and link to an election campaign site have been removed.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Charles to oversee mass clan gathering

PRINCE Charles is to be the patron of the largest Scottish clan gathering in almost 200 years.

Scotsman.com News - Scotland - Charles to oversee mass clan gathering
What tartens would the PoW use in scotland? Can and does he wear more then one kind?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

Date with Charles for a nurse who is devoted to duty

´Prince Charles was lovely and put everybody at their ease. He seemed genuinely interested in why everybody had got their awards. He wasn´t just performing a ceremony.´

Date With Charles For A Nurse Who Is Devoted To Duty (from This Is Lancashire)
Old 11-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygoogles View Post
What tartens would the PoW use in scotland? Can and does he wear more then one kind?

You ware any kilt you want, just don't claim to be apart of that clan if your not. As to what he wares, that would be Balmoral, Royal Stewart, and Duke of rothsday and maybe more.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Jackie in king fu offer to Charles

Martial arts legend Jackie Chan has offered to teach the Prince of Wales kung fu.

The Press Association: Jackie in kung fu offer to Charles
Members of the British Royal Family tend to excel in polo, which may be viewed as another shared value with the Royal families of the Persian Gulf.

Quote:
Prince Charles reaches out to China Olympics

The Prince of Wales will declare a ceasefire in his troubled relationship with China by attending a series of high profile events with the country´s ambassador to London and some of its leading businessmen and women.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...lympics101.xml
So it may safely be said that the process of searching for shared values with China has started. ... very fast, indeed... I am curious what has prompted such change of moods.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
So it may safely be said that the process of searching for shared values with China has started. Very fast, indeed. I am curious what prompted such changes of moods.
IMO, Prince Charles has extended his interests in China long before most of us realised. I just checked some news from Chinese websites. Through the cooperation with Prince's Trust International, several Chinese cities have established offices in helping Chinese young people to enhance their careers. Also another of his core charity "Prince of Wales's international business leader forum" have either sponsored in some main events or it has set up a Chinese business leader forum with the University of People in Beijing about eduacating business people and research and conference about business practice.These happened around 5 to 8 years ago or more.

I guess Prince Charles's numerous friends around the world have experienced the changes in Chinese society and then they told him about that. I am pretty sure that Tom Parker Bowles told him a lot about his own experience in China and probably Robert Davies, Chris Patten, Al Gore, Maurice Strong, Annan and others talked about their experiences in China as well .Prince Charles also has a Chinese young man in office. He met Lang Lang, Shi Zhengrong and others who are outstanding examples who are Chinese but they have been in overseas countries and who has experienced the changes of Chinese society by themselves. If Prince Charles were interested in those, he would always be able to learn more about a new China.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

What about violations of humans rights, oppression of Tibet, and the global warming? It is not that important now. I hope there is enough funds in Prince's Trust International to make China forget Prince Charles' cold atitude toward the country.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
What about violations of humans rights, oppression of Tibet, and the global warming? It is not that important now. I hope there is enough funds in Prince's Trust International to make China forget Prince Charles' cold atitude toward the country.
If the content below is too political. I am sorry about that. Please delete the posts, administors.

Honestly I don't know. Prince's trust is always about youth's future development. IBLF is about responsible corporate citizenship. These are the two main areas that his charity network is allowed to work with. The global warming issue is that I think he has appealed the developed countries to act as models then let China and India to follow suit.

For human rights and oppression of Tibet, I doubt the prince can do anything about it. After all these are always Chinese interal affairs and the central government willl not change their position about interfernce by outsiders just like the Taiwan problem.All these issues need time to gradually improve and evolve rather than force a very radical way to deal with. For me the economic development, the anti-corruption practice, the enforcement of legal practice, the responsible corporate citizenship, the sustainable development, the reduction of the gap between the rich and the poor, the economic support of developing in Chinese remote areas, the forward thinking problems in Chinese education systems, and the preseve of historical heritages in China.These should be the priporities on the diplomic agenda always. Even he wants to discuss Tibet issue, I hope tha he would do it in discreetion because not even most of Chinese people will be appraise him for doing that.

Even as one of his firm supporters, I am definitely against his involovment in any hyper-senstive political issue. This is called the diplomacy. If he can do that to Saudi royals, he should have been able to do that China. He can give the tolerance to Islamic society, he should be able to give that to Chinese society. Prince Charles as an outsider, I doubt he can do anything. His main aim should help Chinese society to achieve ecomonomic development under the idea of sustaibale development,ethcial legal practice, and effective communication with the world.

The empty of ideas about human rights does not help Chinese people to achieve a better quality of lives but the actual economic development and effective mutual communication in different aspects between countries may help. I definitely never like the history of Chinese society in past 150 years but this shaped the Chinese society of today's. Believe or not, only people who have great capacity to understand the past 150 history and how Chinese people endured those pains through geneations to generations then probaly they will be able to understand the minds of Chinese government and Chinese people. Prince Charles as a historian himself, he should have known that long before. If he failed to ackowledged the past, he would have misunderstanding of the present and the future. The cultural gap between China and the western countries are very large and only once the gap becomes smaller the changes will gradually occur.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I´m sure Prince Charles private opinion about China politics hasn´t changed. But he is the future King, and he prepares himself more and more for this role, and so he has to represent the interests of his country. It´s a question of politic and diplomaty, personal views can only play a secondary role.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS View Post
You ware any kilt you want, just don't claim to be apart of that clan if your not. As to what he wares, that would be Balmoral, Royal Stewart, and Duke of rothsday and maybe more.
You should never wear 'any kilt you want', (although it should be any tartan. ) The only tartan people without a clan affiliation should wear is the Black Watch or the Hunting Stewart.

Charles on the other hand has a choice from these - The Balmoral - Lord of the Isles Hunting - Rothesay Hunting - Gordon - Green Stewart - Royal Stewart - Stewart Hunting and I daresay a couple more I can't remember at the moment!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You should never wear 'any kilt you want', (although it should be any tartan. ) The only tartan people without a clan affiliation should wear is the Black Watch or the Hunting Stewart.

Charles on the other hand has a choice from these - The Balmoral - Lord of the Isles Hunting - Rothesay Hunting - Gordon - Green Stewart - Royal Stewart - Stewart Hunting and I daresay a couple more I can't remember at the moment!
Sorry, being part scottish did know that, I just put the wrong word.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Royal Highness

Another article of Charles new patronage:

Royal patron for clan gathering
Prince Charles is to be patron of the biggest clan gathering in Edinburgh for almost 190 years.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Edinburgh, East and Fife | Royal patron for clan gathering
Old 11-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I´m sure Prince Charles private opinion about China politics hasn´t changed. But he is the future King, and he prepares himself more and more for this role, and so he has to represent the interests of his country. It´s a question of politic and diplomaty, personal views can only play a secondary role.
I agree with you. I am simply surprised to learn that a person, who has been groomed to be a King his whole life, allowed his private opinion to somewhat hurt certain interests of his country. At the same time, I do not mean that Prince Charles damaged the British-Chinese relationships irreversibly. He just added a bit of unneccesary strain to the situation and showed his soft spots as followers might say.
Anyway, the bottom line is that Clarence House and parties involved have stat the process of reparing the above relationhsips and searching for shared values.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles expressed his opinion about China in a private diary, which was never supposed to be published or shared with anyone but close friends.

You'll find more information, as well as lengthy discussion about the topic in the Prince Charles's diaries and the court case thread.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM

This is what I have a problem with. My diary is a private log that I keep to myself. When I'm no longer around, I'm happy for people to delve into it but why would one circulate a diary to friends whilst one is alive and kicking? It makes no sense to me.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the additional information… Hmm… Cardinal Richelieu comes to mind. Once he was asked how he knew so many details about an alleged plot without torturing confessions out of somebody. Cardinal smiled and answered, “You will be astounded to know what kind of things people commit to writing”.
It does not really matter how the Chinese learnt about Prince Charles’ personal views and inner feelings about them. The Chinese authorities will not easily forget and forgive him. It will take a lot of donations to various organizations to smooth things.
I happen to believe that there is no absolute democracy. Democracy and freedom of speech are relative to the external situation. My philosophy teacher at the institute used to say that democracy is a power of people aptly concentrated in hands of one individual (ruling class).

Old 11-05-2007, 06:51 PM

As Lady Troubridge once said, "Never write anything on paper that you wouldn't like to see printed in a newspaper".

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales