The Prince of Wales Current Events 4: January-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKPrinceofWales.gif

Welcome to the Prince of Wales current events thread part 4,

commencing 27 January 2007

Part 3, November 2006 - January 2007 can be found here.

Last edited:
Four months? Was it worth the trial?

Four month in jail:clap:, not enough, but some time to think about what he had done...if he has a rest of moral standards.

I must admit I am glad that he was actually sentences. Let it be a warning for the Media (paparazzi) in general.

Wenn has a gallery of pictures of Prince Charles and Camilla's new house in Wales.

Skydragon said:
Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles

Britain's Prince Charles expressed shock on Saturday at the murder of South African historian David Rattray, a royal official said.

iafrica.com | news | sa news Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles

Very sad to read that.
I never heard about David Rattray before. Was he really a good friend of the Prince or only somebody he knows slightly for many years?

milla Ca said:
Very sad to read that.
I never heard about David Rattray before. Was he really a good friend of the Prince or only somebody he knows slightly for many years?

Apparently, they were very good friends.

IOL

"Young said Rattray shared a close friendship with the British royals, especially Prince Charles, who visited him at Fugitives' Drift Lodge with his son Prince Harry"

Prince Charles' shock as best friend is murdered

The Prince of Wales was shocked and stunned, after hearing that one of his best friends had been gunned down and killed by robbers at his home in the South African bush. Historian and hotelier David Rattray and his wife Nicky were attacked in their farmhouse when six men burst in demanding money.

Prince Charles was told about Mr Rattray's death as he commenced a two-day visit to New York and Philadelphia with the Duchess of Cornwall.
A Clarence House spokesman, who is accompanying the Royal couple, said: The Prince of Wales just heard about it and, needless to say, he is shocked and stunned.
"They knew each other very well and had met on a number of occasions in South Africa and the UK." Later, the Prince personally telephoned Mr Rattray's wife from America to offer his condolences.

It would appear it is. I am surprised that they haven't 'turned' it, to blame Charles! :rolleyes:

CHARLES GETS GO AHEAD FOR MINI MANSION

Since Prince Charles bought the run-down 900-acre Harewood Park estate in Herefordshire seven years ago, speculation has been rife he is planning to build a first home for Prince William and his future wife in its grounds. Now the Prince has been given the go-ahead to start work on a six-bedroom mansion in the spring, which would no doubt suit rural-loving Wills and his girlfriend Kate Middleton down to the ground.

An artist's impression of what the eco-friendly property on the Harewood Estate could look like once it's finished - picture

Prince backs Wales music scholarships

A new scholarship scheme aimed at helping Wales's most outstanding young musical talent, funded by HRH The Prince of Wales and The Arts Council of Wales, is launched today.
The Prince of Wales's Advanced Study Awards in Music will award a maximum of five annual scholarships of up to £8,000.

Prince Charles is actually a 'hologrammatic visitor from Cyberspace'!

Prince Charles hit back at critics who accused him of 'green hypocrisy' for flying to America with a 20-strong entourage to collect an environmental award by joking that he was actually a 'hologrammatic visitor from Cyberspace'.

Last edited:
I could watch some parts of the event in New York, where the Prince received the award on TV.
And i think it was very sweet when Meryl Streep told in her speech that she wants to merry the Prince of Wales when she was a little girl.
And Charles answered in his own speech that only to hear this statement makes the trip worth for him...:wub:

milla Ca said:
I could watch some parts of the event in New York, where the Prince received the award on TV.
And i think it was very sweet when Meryl Streep told in her speech that she wants to merry the Prince of Wales when she was a little girl.
And Charles answered in his own speech that only to hear this statement makes the trip worth for him...:wub:

I wonder what Camilla had to say to him after that speech... :ROFLMAO:

Avalon said:
I wonder what Camilla had to say to him after that speech... :ROFLMAO:

Probably that as a little girl she was hoping that too :lol:

Its just too bad that they visited the US twice since their wedding and The Prince of Wales didn't even bother coming up north to present his wife to his future subjects. After all, she might one day be Queen Consort of Canada.

Pics 1.02.2007

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales speaks during a reception held by The Prince's Foundation for members of the Home Builders Federation on February 1, 2007 in London, England. (Photos by POOL/ Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

Charles 1
Charles 2
More here! :flowers:

Lovely pictures iceflower, thank you! :flowers:

Prince Charles' despair at Rattray's murder

A tribute from the Prince of Wales was read at the funeral of David Rattray, the murdered Anglo-Zulu war expert, yesterday. In it he drew a parallel with the loss of his great uncle, Earl Mountbatten, who was also murdered.

Rattray was a gem of South Africa: Prince Charles

The Prince of Wales has described David Rattray, a well-known historian and Anglo-Zulu War expert, as a gem of South Africa. Rattray was given a moving farewell at Balgowan outside Pietermaritzburg.

Thank you for those Avalon. :flowers: That certainly looked like a good throwing arm, I wonder who won! :lol:

Skydragon said:
Thank you for those Avalon. :flowers: That certainly looked like a good throwing arm, I wonder who won! :lol:

Your're most welcome! :flowers:
No official statement from the Clarence House has been issued about the outcome of the game, but I expect one to be made any moment now. :ROFLMAO:

Another gallery of pictures from Abaca.

Prince praises community spirit

PRINCE Charles enjoyed a pint of Great Cockup during a two-hour tour of Hesket Newmarket on a visit to Cumbria today.

News & Star

Prince samples ale from rustic English town

There was a Great Cockup in store for Britain's Prince Charles, not to mention some well-aimed arrows on Monday, as the heir to the throne ditched the palace for an afternoon down at the pub.

IOL: Prince samples ale from rustic English town

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom