The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles attends a traditional durbar with the emir of Kano in Kano - Abaca Press

Smiling Charles

Charles greets emir

Old 11-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Royal Highness

Charles joins ranks of art world heavyweights

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...charles-label/

In supplying one of his watercolours for use on Chateau Mouton Rothschild bottles Charles joins the likes of Andy Warhol, Picasso and Chagall.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles speaks to a Nigerian soldier in Jaji, Nigeria, Thursday, Nov. 30 2006. Britain`s Prince Charles toured a training camp Thursday for a Nigerian peacekeeping battalion expecting to be deployed to Sudan`s conflict-wracked Darfur region in early 2007. (AP Photo/George Osodi)

Charles

The Prince of Wales leaves a historic former cathedral made entirely of mud in Wusasa, Nigeria, with the Archbishop Josiah Fearon on the final day of his tour of West Africa.

Charles and Josiah Fearon

The Prince of Wales, meets the Emir of Zazzau in his Palace in Zaria, Nigeria, on the final day of his tour of West Africa. Charles, who is touring West Africa without the Duchess of Cornwall, held an audience with the Emir of Zazzau, the traditional ruler in Kaduna State, at his palace in the northern city of Zaria.

Charles and Emir Zazzau

All from POLFOTO
Old 11-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles opens centre for peacekeepers in Nigeria

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061130...y_061130203027

Britain´s Prince Charles visited a military college in the northern Nigerian town of Jaji.

Thank you for sending the pics of today Sydragon !
I think the Prince is now on his way home, isn´t he ?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Commoner

prince charles watercolor paintings

http://www.amazon.com/H-R-Prince-Wal.../dp/0821218816

it shows a few of his paintings for his book at this website for amazon.com. i also saw 3 other ones that were auctioned off, but they were really boring. the one of the castle is really good. watercolors are hard to work with, so i wouldn't expect too much from them. i did a really pretty one of a mountain with green grass below it, with a fence and some daisies growing in the grass in front of the fence, and it was the closest i could get to reality with watercolor. if you mix it with pen and ink, you can make some beautiful work. it is also popular to do pen and ink with watercolor, so i'll bet he has done some. i would love to buy the book. the price is really good if you buy the used versions.

not affiliated with amazon.com or prince charles, but i just wanted to see what his work looked like. he does some boring pictures, but he's not that bad at all and can do what ever he's painting justice.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdaisies
not affiliated with amazon.com or prince charles, but i just wanted to see what his work looked like. he does some boring pictures, but he's not that bad at all and can do what ever he's painting justice.
Thanks for that blackdaisies.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I saw a book of Prince Charles' water colors for sale in a secondhand store... and I thought they were quite attractive. This book included some of Balmoral and Windsor, so they were rather moody, with lots of grays (for the rocks and the castles) and clouds.

I had thought I might like to take the book apart and frame some of them. (And I wouldn't hang an ugly painting, even if it were painted by a Royal.)
Old 12-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Commoner

prince charles paintings

it would be a great idea to frame or to put in a photo ablum depending on their size. if you scrapbook you can paste them on a piece of construction paper and poke holes to put on a ring binder to keep them. the will still be displayed nicely. i wonder why he doesn't do oil painting? if he can do that in watercolor, he can do it ten times better in oil. i hate acrylics because i'm too slow and the paint dries before i can get done. he could at least try those too. i would love to see an oil painting from him and a portrait too.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I have the collection of his Watercolours (book by the Prince of Wales) and I think they are really pretty good. My opinion has nothing to do mith my general (very high) opinion of the Prince of Wales. The watercolours are really good. The book includes about 70 of his paintings and I trully enjoy most (if not all) of them.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

In pictures: Nigeria's royal welcome

Nigeria's northern emirs gave Prince Charles a royal welcome on his tour of the West African country this week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6200492.stm
Old 12-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

Is this Charles' first trip back to Nigeria since early 1990's, or has he been there in between?
Old 12-03-2006, 02:22 AM
Aristocracy

I like Charles' watercolors. I think his work is rather good. I bought on ebay a limited edition print of his South of France work. My dream is to get a companion piece of Camilla's work. :)
Old 12-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Is this Charles' first trip back to Nigeria since early 1990's, or has he been there in between?
It was Charles´ third visit to Nigeria. He visited the African country before in March 1990 and in May 1999.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
I like Charles' watercolors. I think his work is rather good. I bought on ebay a limited edition print of his South of France work. My dream is to get a companion piece of Camilla's work. :)
I know some very nice watercolor works, Charles painted in Scotland. I like very much his pictures from the Highlands there. You can see his love for this countryside in his paintings.
I have seen only one picture painted by Camilla, it shows a rhinoceros in the african steppe, and she donated it for a charity.
Have you seen more watercolor works of her?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Aristocracy

Milla CA

I want that Rhino. The rhino was bought by a journalist, Piers Morgan. He has it in his bathroom.

But in answer to your question I have seen one other painting. On ebay, somebody I think it was like last year was trying to sell an oil painting she did for $10,000 US. It didn't sell. It was a picture of a dead bird on plate with a table and lamp. Ignoring the subject, I thought she was pretty good. Charles, I think is better but Camilla herself says it is just a hobby. I think it was an older painting since I don't think she has used oils in awhile like years. Personally I think the oil was done like in an art class or something. But I base that on the subject matter.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Artist unveils portrait of a 'happy' prince

A portrait of the Prince of Wales showing him in military dress will be unveiled today.
Jemma Phipps depicts Prince Charles dressed in a slate-coloured uniform in his role as Colonel-in-Chief of the Queen's Dragoon Guards

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nqueen104.xml

Mmmm!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for posting the article of the Telegraph, Skydragon !

I think the portrait of the ´Happy Prince´is sooooo nice!
I would like to have a good print to hang it up in my house...
Old 12-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks, Milla Ca.

Here is a link from SkyNews with more details of the new portrait. I think it looks very nice.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...,00.html?f=rss
Old 12-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Royal Highness

Prince meets young ex-offenders

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6210578.stm

Prince Charles has held a forum with 25 young ex-offenders to discuss ideas on how to stop reoffending.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Administrator

Pics 5.12.2006

Prince Charles meets British Home Secretary John Reid as he hosts 'Breaking the Cycle' - an opportunity for young offenders to meet senior members of the justice system at Clarence House on December 5, 2006 in London, England.

Charles 1 Charles 2
(Photos by Pool/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales