The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 1: December 2002-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to some newspapers in Great Britain Diana was pregnant at the time of her death:

Diana was pregnant at time of her death, says top policeman
By John Lichfield in Paris
21 December 2003

A senior police source in France has told The Independent on Sunday that Diana, Princess of Wales, was pregnant at the time of her death following a road accident in Paris six years ago.

The source - who saw all the documents relating to the case surrounding the Princess's death - dismisses suggestions that there was any murder conspiracy before the death of Diana, her friend Dodi al-Fayed and their driver in a car crash on 31 August 1997.

He was speaking after a British coroner announced that he would hold inquests into the cause of the deaths of Diana and Dodi, beginning on 6 January.

However, the source revealed to The Independent on Sunday that there was "a cover-up of sorts" in the days following the crash. Medical reports, which have never been made public, showed that Diana was pregnant at the time of her death. "I can tell you that she was pregnant," the source said.

Friends of Diana and her butler, Paul Burrell, have strenuously denied in the past suggestions that the Princess was expecting a third child at the time of her death.

The source implied that Diana's pregnancy was hushed up to spare the embarrassment of her family. Since it was not regarded as relevant to the causes of the accident, or her death, it was not mentioned at the end of the two-year judicial investigation into the crash by a French judge, Hervé Stephan.

Medical reports from the hospital where Diana died may, however, be included among the 6,000 pages of documents from the French investigation which will be delivered to the British coroner, Michael Burgess, next month.

Reports that Diana was pregnant - first alleged by Mohammed al-Fayed soon after her death - have been seized on by the wilder conspiracy theorists as a possible motive for an assassination plot by the Royal Family and British government.

The same police source in France rejected all these theories and said the investigation file points clearly to an accident, caused in part by the fact that chauffeur Henri Paul had been drinking heavily.

There has also been speculation about the time it has taken to call a British inquest, now routine when a British citizen dies abroad. The coroner has said that he could not open the hearings until he received the French file once legal proceedings were completed in France.

These proceedings have been prolonged mostly by Mr Fayed, who appealed against the original decision by French authorities to bring no action against the photographers who pursued Diana and Dodi's car. When that appeal was lost, Mr Fayed brought another action against three photographers for invading his son's privacy. The case was thrown out by a French court last month.

The royal coroner, Mr Burgess, announced on Thursday that he would begin separate inquests into Diana and Dodi's deaths next month, but indicated that the full hearings will be delayed until the whole French file has been translated and studied.

Mr Burgess said last week: "At neither hearing will I be receiving evidence from witnesses in person. I will, however, make a statement which will cover the purpose of the inquests, how they may be expected to be conducted and the nature and scope of the evidence I expect to receive."

I liked Susannah's comments. I really don't see the big deal with her fashion-wise.

"The duo, both pregnant, might find Susannah's latest comments do not help their careers in the US. Three years ago fashion experts voted Diana the best dressed person of all time."

Good grief. Instead of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis or Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly.

I agree with you Dennism, Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly have a better fashion sense in my opinion also

I BELIVE THIS IS A NEW PIC. I9 JUST POST HER IN OTHER TOPICS (DIANA HATS; DIANA SHOSES AND DIANA AND SONS) BUT I BELIVE THAT SHE STAY FINE HERE TO. I LOVE THE CLOSE. VERY ORIGINAL, LIKE ALWYAS. :lol: :lol: :flower:

Attachments

• MICAS.jpg
    MICAS.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 414
From The Mirror..

DIANA'S LETTER: IT WAS CHARLES

Jan 6 2004

EXCLUSIVE

By Jane Kerr, Royal Reporter

PRINCE Charles is the person Princess Diana claimed in a letter wanted to kill her, the Mirror sensationally reveals today.

Before she died in a car crash, Diana wrote: "My husband is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury...to make the path clear for him to marry."

She gave the note to butler Paul Burrell who revealed its existence in the Mirror last year. Charles's name was blanked out. Burrell has been asked to hand the document to the coroner who today opens the inquest into Diana's death.

Burrell said: "It has fulfilled its purpose. I wanted to give force to the argument that an inquest must be held."

I hadn't expected prince Charles to do this, more prince Philip. But anyway, he is a real bastard if this is true (and I think it is true)

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jan 6th, 2004 - 8:40 am
I hadn't expected prince Charles to do this, more prince Philip. But anyway, he is a real bastard if this is true (and I think it is true)
Oh, boy! If this is true, I'll be very disappointed. Yes, Charles was in part "cruel" to Diana but she, in turn, returned his vollies out of sheer frustration. However, this massive lie regarding their fairytale wedding was also a shock to me. Maybe Charles could/would have been the initial igniter of such a heinous deed as to devise a car accident which would incapacitate Diana , but I'm sure he expected one of his 'ole chronies to do the "dirty work". I do remember reading that he said, after she had been buried, that he "was relieved". Relieved from what?

Last night, for the first time, I saw on Fox News that this "new" investigation was really just now beginning. Could anyone tell me exactly "who" spurred this "new" investigation to take place? Mohammed Al Fayed ?, the French government ?, the British people? I imagine her body will have to exhumed. Could it have anything to do with this "white fiat" by any chance? By now, I bet that Fiat does not even exist or at least someone painted it a different color.

Elizajane

"Could anyone tell me exactly "who" spurred this "new" investigation to take place? Mohammed Al Fayed ?, the French government ?,"

"Surrey coroner Michael Burgess has opened and adjourned for a year the inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Al Fayed pending the results of a police inquiry into the crash that killed them.

BBC News Online looks at the issues surrounding the inquests.

Q: What are the questions to be answered about the circumstances of the deaths?

A: Inquests in England and Wales are limited fact-finding affairs.

They focus on who the deceased were; when and where the death occurred; and how the cause of death arose.

Expressions of opinion as to who might be to blame are not allowed.

But Mr Burgess has asked Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir John Stevens to lead an inquiry into the crash, to examine whether any findings may have a bearing on the inquest.

The move came as the Daily Mirror reported Princess Diana had written a letter before her death claiming Prince Charles was behind a plot to kill her.

Q: Will the coroner take the letter by Princess Diana into account?

A: BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said: "The coroner has said he wants to see any material that could be significant to the inquiry, and that letter could be such a document.

"But the fact that evidently Prince Charles is named... I think most people would find to be incredible and it would reduce the credibility of that letter."

Q: Is the inquest likely to end speculation over Princess Diana and Dodi's death?

A: Nicholas Witchell said: "This coroner.. is very aware that this inquest needs to be comprehensive and definitive.

"He is facing head on the speculation and conspiracy theories, and he has turned to the Metropolitan Police to investigate if there are any grounds for these suggestions."

Q: Is an inquest likely to satisfy all Mohamed Al Fayed's concerns?

A:Mr Al Fayed, Dodi's father, has said of the inquest: "This is what we have been waiting for six years... At last, I hope we can see the light."

But he has called for a public inquiry into the Paris crash, saying the remit of the coroner's inquest is far too narrow.

Q: Will the inquest re-open old wounds for the Royal Family?

A: The Daily Mirror's story and the intense speculation surrounding the death of Diana and Dodi will put Prince Charles under pressure.

It is also likely to prove very distressing for Princes William and Harry.

Q: Why has it taken six years to open inquests?

A: Before the coroner began, he had to take into account the findings of the investigations and proceedings in France. These have been going on for years.

Only last month a court in Paris cleared three press photographers of breaching strict privacy rules on the night Diana and Dodi died.

About 6,000 pages of documents have been sent from France to the coroner"

Former royal butler Paul Burrell carries a delivery outside his flower shop in Holt, England, Tuesday Jan. 6, 2004. The British tabloid newspaper the Daily Mirror said the Prince of Wales was the person named in a letter that Diana purportedly wrote to Paul Burrell the year before she died . In it, she expressed fear that someone would tamper with the brakes of her car. (AP Photo/PA, Phil Noble)

Attachments

• bur1.jpg
    bur1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 247
Princess Diana

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 305
  • Diana___13.jpg
    Diana___13.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Diana___14.jpg
    Diana___14.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 256
  • Diana___17.jpg
    Diana___17.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Diana3.jpg
    Diana3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Diana___39.jpg
    Diana___39.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Diana___49.jpg
    Diana___49.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 296
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Diana

Attachments

• Diana___59.jpg
    Diana___59.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Diana___78.jpg
    Diana___78.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 300
  • diana___4.jpg
    diana___4.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 270
  • diana___5.jpg
    diana___5.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Diana___16.jpg
    Diana___16.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Diana___381.jpg
    Diana___381.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Diana___37.jpg
    Diana___37.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Diana_on_holiday.jpg
    Diana_on_holiday.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 299
  • playa.jpg
    playa.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 247
  • playa1.jpg
    playa1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 282
Princess Diana

Attachments

• playa2.jpg
    playa2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 261
  • playa3.jpg
    playa3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 278
  • playa5.jpg
    playa5.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 251
  • playa7.jpg
    playa7.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 231
  • playa9.jpg
    playa9.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 246
  • playa6.jpg
    playa6.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 237
  • playa4.jpg
    playa4.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 273
I think she looks concerned; worried; her face is not relaxed. Probably because she knew the press was watching!

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 7th, 2004 - 4:20 pm
I think she looks concerned; worried; her face is not relaxed. Probably because she knew the press was watching!
i agree with you!

Sara Boyce

Hello

Fergie 'Horrified' by Diana Crash Allegations

7 JANUARY 2004
Days after a British newspaper revealed that Princess Diana believed her ex-husband the Prince of Wales was plotting "an accident" to kill her, the Duchess of York, has spoken out on the stunning news.

Prince Andrew's flame-haired former wife Sarah made the comments on a US talk show after the Daily Mirror exposed the full text of a letter the princess had written outlining her fears. "I am absolutely horrified," said the Duchess. "I'm lost for words."

The controversial correspondence, written ten months before Diana's death, was made public last year by the Princess' former butler Paul Burrell as he released a tell-all book, A Royal Duty. However, at that time, the name of the person the Princess believed was behind the plot had been blacked out.

"I am not happy about it," said the former servant of the latest revelation, adding later: "It was always my intention never to publish that name. I never ever wanted it to be published."

Meanwhile, Charles's former press secretary Colleen Harris said the allegation was "preposterous". "Anyone that works for the Prince or knows him will think this is complete and utter rubbish," she told a BBC programme. "It is unbelievable."

1.IBL - Mirror front page with Diana letter

2.IBL - Mirror front page with Diana letter

3.IBL - London, Britain, 6 January 2004 - Princess Diana's sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale at the inquiry into the death of Princess Diana headed by coroner Michael Burgess.

Attachments

• mirror_again.jpg
    mirror_again.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 186
  • mirror_cover.jpg
    mirror_cover.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 189
  • sarah_sister.jpg
    sarah_sister.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 208
This is so bizarre-can't they leave it alone? Or will it continue on forever, like the JFK conspiracies?

On Larry King presently, the inquest and the revelation that Diana suspected Prince Charles was going to tamper with her car breaks is being discussed.

Kitty Kelly and Robert Lacey is on the panel, among several other Brits whose names I have not caught yet as I am catching the program halfway through.

But an interesting comment by one of the panel members, who debunked the conspiracy theory by saying that the particular night on which Diana died could not have been planned as Diana and Dodi's plans changed so much. For example, the couple were supposed to fly home straight to London after dinner but following dinner the couple decided (or were headed to) Dodi's apartment instead - something this panelist says nobody could've forseen.

Lady Sarah McCorquodale, sister of Princess Diana, leaves the opening of the first coroner's inquest in Britain into the death of Princess Diana.(AFP/Nicolas Asfouri)

Attachments

• sarah.jpg
    sarah.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 205
I don't think Prince Charles had Diana killed, but her letter does make me feel uneasy because she was obviously afraid of him..

I really don't think Charles would plan to kill the mother of his children, a woman the whole world loves...but then again, we never know for sure. :unsure:

Princess Diana

Attachments

• Diana.jpg
    Diana.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Diana_1.jpg
    Diana_1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Diana_12..jpg
    Diana_12..jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Diana_13.jpg
    Diana_13.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Diana_20.jpg
    Diana_20.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 275
  • Diana_6.jpg
    Diana_6.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Diana_8.jpg
    Diana_8.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 221
  • Diana_11.jpg
    Diana_11.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 457
  • Diana_16.jpg
    Diana_16.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Diana_3.jpg
    Diana_3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 274
Princess Diana

Attachments

• Diana_4..jpg
    Diana_4..jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,323
  • Diana___her_daddy.jpg
    Diana___her_daddy.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Diana_in_black_strapless_dress.jpg
    Diana_in_black_strapless_dress.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,380
  • 1992_Zurich_Airport.jpg
    1992_Zurich_Airport.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 812
  • December_1994.jpg
    December_1994.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 267
  • diana83polo2.jpg
    diana83polo2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 285
  • diana1983umbrellapolo.jpg
    diana1983umbrellapolo.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 304
  • DianaFrancesJuly1993.jpg
    DianaFrancesJuly1993.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 262
  • July_25_1981.jpg
    July_25_1981.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 269
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 298
Princess Diana

Attachments

• pinkjune1993.jpg
    pinkjune1993.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 367
  • 1988flowers.jpg
    1988flowers.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 1990_walking.jpg
    1990_walking.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 312
  • 1992_028.jpg
    1992_028.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 293
  • 1992_018.jpg
    1992_018.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 1993_133.jpg
    1993_133.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 296
  • APRIL85POPE.jpg
    APRIL85POPE.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 256
  • xmas1981.jpg
    xmas1981.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 248
  • West_Berlin_Germany_1985.jpg
    West_Berlin_Germany_1985.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 267
  • VJ_Celebrations_1994.jpg
    VJ_Celebrations_1994.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 271
Princess Diana

Attachments

• micas.jpg
    micas.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 494
  • micas.jpg
    micas.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 421
  • micas.jpg
    micas.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 430
Princess Diana

Attachments

• Staff_Pic_1995.jpg
    Staff_Pic_1995.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 270
  • Summer_1985.jpg
    Summer_1985.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Parliament_1984.jpg
    Parliament_1984.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 288
  • Pakistan_1991.jpg
    Pakistan_1991.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 260
  • May_1989.jpg
    May_1989.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Holiday_Return_1993.jpg
    Holiday_Return_1993.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 312
  • leaving_psychotherapist__s__Jan_4_96.jpg
    leaving_psychotherapist__s__Jan_4_96.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 277
  • Egypt_1992_02.jpg
    Egypt_1992_02.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 305
  • dianaburrell95.jpg
    dianaburrell95.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 261
  • beau_Diana.jpg
    beau_Diana.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 268
Princess Diana

Attachments

• Chatsworth_Sept_20_1987.jpg
    Chatsworth_Sept_20_1987.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 311
  • Diana___George_Bush_Nov_9_1985.jpg
    Diana___George_Bush_Nov_9_1985.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 298
Originally posted by jun5@Dec 8th, 2003 - 7:42 am
from IBL
She always had "a special style" in putting clothes and shoes together, but Ingrid Seward, as editor, of her magazine, "Majesty", once said that her outfits were "costumes". I absolutely have no idea of what she meant by saying that. ??

Elizajane

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• Princess_Diana_02.jpg
    Princess_Diana_02.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 753
  • QBCTvcCoBQIAAAH5K7w_12904_2054.jpg
    QBCTvcCoBQIAAAH5K7w_12904_2054.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 442
  • QBCSFMCoBQIAAAHkF8U_12904_2037.jpg
    QBCSFMCoBQIAAAHkF8U_12904_2037.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 355