The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 7: May-July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The night Camilla lost her virginity - and changed the history of the royals

Milla Shand, the young debutante, was elegant in black silk and chiffon as she posed beside her formidable looking mother against a marble fireplace.

The night Camilla lost her virginity - and changed the history of the royals | the Daily Mail

From the article

"A Channel 4 documentary depicted the Duchess as a "woman of easy virtue" whose lost virginity prevented her marrying Prince Charles in her youth".
I have watched the DVD through and it was only said by one person of no importance, not depicted by the documentary. :rolleyes:

The article informs us that she lost her viginity on the night of her coming out ball, that Kevin Burke was her first love and then goes on to say that they don't even know if he was there! Diarist, Nigel Dempster, then claims, they (Burke) became lovers just days later, oh right, was it a spectator sport? :bang:

"A childhood friend, Broderick Munro-Wilson" recalled", he was one of the 'friends' from the ch4 programme. :lol:

Uh...why? Very tacky to revisit her youth and not all factual. Is this the same Channel 4 that's going to air Diana's last moments? Enough said!

When i was in the Uk last month i watched on Channel 4 a documentary about `Charles` bachelor years`, it was the same gossip as i read now of the programme about Camilla. They don´t talk about facts and they interview people who don´t know the truth or don´t want to say it.
Maybe we can watch this documentary in German TV later, but i don´t know if i want to switch on the telly than, it´s not good for my blood pressure...:furious:

So this Channel 4 is like the National Enquirer of television; trashy! Are they bent on a negative image for BRF or is it just if you are/were a Prince or Princess of Wales?

Channel 4 is like the national enquier, first they're showing pictures of the Princess of Wales in that mangeled car and now discussing when Camilla lost her virginity. Eww I don't won't to hear something like that.

And I'd like to know how they know. Was Alan Whicker under the bed?

I think I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing anything about Camilla's sex life.

So could I even if it was proven or not. Very disgraceful. Does make you wonder how they (the media) will act when she becomes Queen.

Sister Morphine said:
I think I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing anything about Camilla's sex life.
I shouldn't worry, what was very clear from the ch4 programme and the Mail article, was they don't know anything either! :whistling: :hiding:

barrow in furness, barrow news sport, ulverston news sport, lake district news

THOUSANDS applauded as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall today named Barrow’s newest nuclear submarine HMS Astute.

Referring to Prince Charles’ naval rank, she said: “As an admiral’s wife myself, I am more than delighted to be in Barrow today for the naming and launch of Astute.

:clap::clap::clap:

She held a speech!! Imagine she was very nervously!

Last edited:
Simply wonderful. Well done Camilla! I wonder if we'll see a video of it anywhere. I would like to hear HRH giving her speech.

Last edited:
Thank you for the articles and pictures everyone. :flowers:
The Duchess looked wonderful.

What I like most about her choices of outftis, is how she chooses very appropirate cloths for the events. Jo pointed a while ago her choice of whie and green, in historic contest.

Today she opted for a white knee-length dress and navy jacket with navy court shoes and a string of pearls, and white hat with a navy band and white feathers. A true wife of an Admiral! ;) :)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the pictures and news articles! :flowers:

Didn't they look wonderful, two gorgeous ladies, Camilla & Astute! :)

The BBC really are thick. Instead of a video showing us the actual launch, we had some silly bint reading a press release describing the launch in front of the submarine! Come on BBC, show us HRH launching the thing.

BeatrixFan said:
The BBC really are thick. Instead of a video showing us the actual launch, we had some silly bint reading a press release describing the launch in front of the submarine! Come on BBC, show us HRH launching the thing.

Exactly what I feel. This video is a bad joke.

fanletizia said:

Does anybody have information about this brooch? I've never seen it before ...

Beatrixfan and Hornsen, I was as disappointed as you with the BBC's video, had hoped for some footage of Camilla too. It was such a great event, I would have loved to see a glimpse of it.

One of these books nobody needs, i think!

( I read in the ´Diana thread´, that it is a better book than many others, because the author did research more seriously and also that she tried to interview some knowing people.
Okay, i see, but do we really need another Diana book? Do we need more `facts` about Charles and Camilla with no evidence for them? I say: NO!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yawn...Ok, a little concession to this lady. Camilla didn´t want to marry Charles during his marriage to Diana. Because she never saw a little chance to change the situation and lived her life (with Charles).IMO
And the rest of the story we know. And beside that, after Charles proposed she said, it was the happiest day of her life and she is just coming down to earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't regard Richard Parker Bowles as a very reliable source. He knew something but not the whole truth. I doubt that Camilla would ever discuss the depth of her feeling towards Charles.

love_cc said:
I don't regard Richard Parker Bowles as a very reliable source. He knew something but not the whole truth. I doubt that Camilla would ever discuss the depth of her feeling towards Charles.

Think so, too. And if, she would do it with her sister at most I think. And her sister isn´t saying a word.

I must say that, overall, since the famous wedding day in Windsor, the Duchess of Cornwall has positively surprised me with her goodnatured, accessible and charmant appearance.

:flowers:

I think the Duchess definitely rose to the challenge. It's probably not the life she would have envisioned for herself as a young woman, after everything, she loves Charles, and it is what she must do, and she accepts the good and the bad, for better or worse, and "gets on with it", true to Princess Anne/Prince Philip style. I like how she presents herself too. While she cannot be called meek exactly, she is able to be her own person without overshadowing the Prince. I like that. I think it shows how healthy their relationship is, that they can be individuals, but they never step on each other or cramp the other's style. They have such a natural, perfect compatibility that sadly Diana and Charles never had.

originally posted by Casiaragi Trio
They have such a natural, perfect compatibility that sadly Diana and Charles never had.

Very true, very true. They waited all those years to be happy as they are now, true to most great literary love stories where love creates a beautiful agony and much tragedy happens before they can happy. They really are a great story. I am happy they have finally found their way to each other and are as happy as they are now.

Thank you for the picture hornsen, what a brilliant cake! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom