The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 5: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol

Clearly it is one of those private gifts to a member of the Royal Family which is unlikely to be 'fenced' for cash at some later date

Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol | News | This is London

At least they counted the Rubies in this article - infinite number of diamonds and 37 matching rubies, reaching down delicately to settle just above Camilla's decolletage of which Charles is so proud.

I am still trying to work out why Charles is 'so proud' of the low cut neckline on her dress! :lol:

Camilla's addicted to Sudoku

Prince Charles’s wife Camilla has revealed she is addicted to Sudoku.
The Duchess of Cornwall got sidetracked by the logic puzzle while touring a project for inner-city children in New York.
She wowed youngsters with her number grid tactics — then had to be dragged away from the game by aides who feared she was being left behind on the whirlwind royal tour.

I am a sudoku addicted myself. :cool:

Last edited:
She's not just a pretty face. But then, we knew that already didn't we?

Skydragon said:
I am still trying to work out why Charles is 'so proud' of the low cut neckline on her dress! :lol:

By his look, I'm thinking he doesn't want anyone to see Camilla's decolletage :rolleyes: (Ofcourse this doesn't mean he isn't proud of it ;))

Last edited:
Wow I love that necklace that Camilla is wearing, it looks so good on her. All the sparkles, the diamonds. I think I need sunglasses

Skydragon said:
Camilla escapes US media sniping

The Duchess of Cornwall has escaped the sniping of the US media on her second visit to America with the Prince of Wales.

Camilla escapes US media sniping | the Daily Mail

I think we can not expect another report from this tabloid....:bang:
Charles received a great award for the important work he has done for so many years. That should be the headline!
I also think that all these articles in the newspaper about Camilla´s necklace are written to change the main subject of the US trip!

With the right hardware that necklace could be one of the most magnificant tiaras in the world! Whoa, that is nice.:shock: :wub:

Rubensian

I really adore the opulent luxuriance and succulence which surrounds the Duchess. Most of the times she simply hits the perfect right notes. She would have been a dream model for the famous Flemish Master Peter Paul Rubens, known for his allegoric paintings with blossoming and creamy goddesses.

:flowers:

Henri M. said:
I really adore the opulent luxuriance and succulence which surrounds the Duchess. Most of the times she simply hits the perfect right notes. She would have been a dream model for the famous Flemish Master Peter Paul Rubens, known for his allegoric paintings with blossoming and creamy goddesses.

:flowers:

But the women Rubens liked to paint were much more stout than Camilla is. She has a good neckline, okay, but the rest is not enough for Rubens...i fear... but good for her...:lol:

milla Ca said:
I think we can not expect another report from this tabloid....:bang:
Charles received a great award for the important work he has done for so many years. That should be the headline!
I also think that all these articles in the newspaper about Camilla´s necklace are written to change the main subject of the US trip!

The Mail is still smarting from losing the court case. They have always tried to belittle the good Charles has done and does, IMO. :flowers:

OMG that necklace is a bit much? Can they really accept personal gifts like that, or does it belong to the country? I wonder what the Saudis expect in return for such a gift?

kaffir said:
OMG that necklace is a bit much? Can they really accept personal gifts like that, or does it belong to the country? I wonder what the Saudis expect in return for such a gift?

What they expect?...A night with the "bride"!:lol::lol:;);)

Why shouldn´t Camilla accept such gifts? Is there a limit for gifts anywhere? It is a personal present. But to my knowledge it belongs to the Royal Collection after her death. But heaven can wait for her and Charles...:)

I think the necklace would have been less opulant and look better on Camilla if it was one row less. It really looked good with Camilla's upper body and her choice of dress style and dress material.

The Saudis are good friends of the royal family and they value Prince Charles and his wife future positions. I do think the necklace was a bit too expensive to give though. I think the jewelry they gave Princess Diana was more in line.:flowers:

SCAMILLA: DUCHESS AVOIDS HUGE TAX BILL
Duchess ducks £175k tax on £1m necklace saying it is official gift

THE DUCHESS of Cornwall avoided paying £175,000 tax on her £1million diamond and ruby necklace by declaring it was a "gift to the nation".​

Envy... it really is a curse! :lol:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Camilla will be at Bulford Camp on the 6th Feb, as she is only meeting soldiers and their families, I wonder if she will be in uniform.

The Prince of Wales - Tuesday 6th February

Last edited:
Prince Charles' Wife Loves Goats' Milk Ice Cream

It's been revealed Britain's Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, is a huge fan of goats' milk ice cream.
Camilla - the wife of Prince Charles - ordered 18 liters of the tasty treat to be delivered to Highgrove - the royal couple's Gloucestershire estate - after tasting it at an East Yorkshire dairy.

It is so creamy, but friends tell me it is an acquired taste and not for everyone! :rolleyes:

I loathe goats milk but I love goats cheese. Not sure about goats milk ice cream.

18 liters of the goats milk ice cream...i think she really loves it!:ROFLMAO:

I wonder if she got the 'plain', the vanilla or one of the other delicious flavours.

Ooh! Something new to try. :) I like goat's milk yoghurt, so I'll give the ice cream a go if I can find it.

18 litres :ohmy: :wacko:

Portly Duchess of Cornwall I shlould soon imagine.lol.

I do wonder how long it shall take the couple and whoever to get through such a mass of ice-cream. I don't believe I've even consumed that much ice-cream throughout life thus far :lol:

Still, better to stock up if its a good batch I guess.

Last edited:
Maybe she's been reading the comments here about her leathery and crepey skin and she's going to bathe in it.

I thought that was cows milk?.lol.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall bathes in tub of ice-cream..haha! Love it!

And what of the Saudi (?) necklace? Can't have one luxury without another...I say hop in that tub and wear 'ya' best diamonds too!! Just make sure they stay above milk level ;)

Last edited:
Goat's milk? Oh ewww. I've tried it, and to be perfectly frank; horked it up immediately. I can't imagine 18 liters of it sitting in my garage.

Sister Morphine said:
I can't imagine 18 liters of it sitting in my garage.

How perculiar :ermm: Here in Australia we keep it in a freezer ;) :lol:

I find it interesting to learn the likes of various royals. It makes what is very much a one sided perception seem all the more real when you hear of them ordering 18 litres of ice-cream. They aren't so different afterall...well, at least not to an ice-creamery.lol.

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
Maybe she's been reading the comments here about her leathery and crepey skin and she's going to bathe in it.

I thought it was a mask of chicken skin that helped with that. Or maybe that was to cure a ruddy complexion. I think I got it mixed up.

Roslyn said:
Ooh! Something new to try. :) I like goat's milk yoghurt, so I'll give the ice cream a go if I can find it.

The milk, to some, is awful, but the yoghurt, cheese and ice cream is delicious. She did say it was primarily for Charles, but with 18 litres I expect he will let her and their guests have some! :lol:

Skydragon said:
The milk, to some, is awful, but the yoghurt, cheese and ice cream is delicious. She did say it was primarily for Charles, but with 18 litres I expect he will let her and their guests have some! :lol:

I adore goats milk and, having kept a milking goat for a number of years can't imagine anything nicer (and creamier) than goats milk icecream.

wymanda said:
I adore goats milk and, having kept a milking goat for a number of years can't imagine anything nicer (and creamier) than goats milk icecream.
I did say 'to some'. :flowers: With Goats milk it always seems to be a case of love it or hate it, a bit like the various soy milks.

It is very creamy. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom