The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
True but I think too many animal charities will do nothing for her. She shouldn't take them just because she has to have a list of charities but I think any more animal charity patronages would be a mistake and surely the work of children's charities is close to everyone's heart?
Okay BeatrixFan, but children´s charities are something everyone likes to do.
And when the Duchess was pictured with a new bone scanner for the NOS it´s not such a cute pic like with a poor ill child, but the importance is the same.That´s what i mean: she should chose the patronages not because of the popularity for the people and the press!

Old 01-20-2007, 01:30 PM

And I agree with you. But surely one patronage helping horses is enough?

Old 01-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'm just slightly put out that Camilla would support scabby horses and not bother with abused children that's all. I love her dearly and I'm sure she's doing what she thinks best and her patronages shouldn't be for show but she's shown us before now that she does care about sick children and that she does have an interest in helping them. So why take on yet another charity helping doddery donkeys?
Your horses may have been scabby, but I am sure at the Scottish National Equestrian Centre, which will teach children and young adults a variety of skills involved in looking after, riding and competing, none of them will be scabby at all.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:46 PM

I honestly couldn't care less. Anyway, I can see that we're amongst people who consider the grooming of animals is far more important than the welfare of children and I shall retreat.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I honestly couldn't care less. Anyway, I can see that we're amongst people who consider the grooming of animals is far more important than the welfare of children and I shall retreat.
Sorry BeatrixFan, but if you really think i´m amongst these people....then maybe my english is too bad to write something you understand...?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Well, thats the impression I got and if I'm wrong then I apologise but there's certainly some people here who seem to be saying that so-called charities that teach children how to brush a horse do more important work and are more worthy of Royal patronage than charities that help abused children. And if that is what they're saying then they're entitled to their opinion but I'm entitled to say that that attitude disgusts me. Anyway, it doesn't matter and it doesn't concern me so I'll shut up and we can get back on topic.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

When it gets to the point whether one charity is more worthy than another, isn't the whole point of charitable work by the royals rather lost?

After all, I would expect royals to choose charities that mean something to them as well as ones that are for a noble cause. I would much rather see a royal get involved with a charity that they really have a passion for rather than put their name to a more 'worthy' cause because its expected.

Camilla has sponsored the osteoporosis society which confronts a very dangerous illness that all women are susceptible to and she appears to have an affinity with children.

Certainly, she is allowed to have some 'fun' charities. I doubt if William's sponsorship of the FA is all that high-minded but he enjoys it and its good to see him about with young men his age who share a passion for the same thing.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
And I agree with you. But surely one patronage helping horses is enough?
Quote:
animal charity patronages
If you read the article, I'm sure you will see that it will also hold workshops to teach school children a variety of skills they can take into the workplace.
Quote:
there's certainly some people here who seem to be saying that so-called charities that teach children how to brush a horse do more important work and are more worthy of Royal patronage than charities that help abused children.
I have looked back through and can't find anyone who has said that, perhaps you could point it out.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla escapes US media sniping

The Duchess of Cornwall has escaped the sniping of the US media on her second visit to America with the Prince of Wales.

Camilla escapes US media sniping | the Daily Mail
Old 01-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

The Duchess of Cornwall has escaped the sniping of the US media on her second visit to America with the Prince of Wales.

As we had quite some discussions about the journalistic value of the Mail - here are the headlines of the "most popular" stories of today:
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol

Clearly it is one of those private gifts to a member of the Royal Family which is unlikely to be 'fenced' for cash at some later date

Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol | News | This is London

At least they counted the Rubies in this article - infinite number of diamonds and 37 matching rubies, reaching down delicately to settle just above Camilla's decolletage of which Charles is so proud.

I am still trying to work out why Charles is 'so proud' of the low cut neckline on her dress!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla's addicted to Sudoku

Quote:
Prince Charles’s wife Camilla has revealed she is addicted to Sudoku.
The Duchess of Cornwall got sidetracked by the logic puzzle while touring a project for inner-city children in New York.
She wowed youngsters with her number grid tactics — then had to be dragged away from the game by aides who feared she was being left behind on the whirlwind royal tour.
I am a sudoku addicted myself.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:39 AM

She's not just a pretty face. But then, we knew that already didn't we?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I am still trying to work out why Charles is 'so proud' of the low cut neckline on her dress!
By his look, I'm thinking he doesn't want anyone to see Camilla's decolletage (Ofcourse this doesn't mean he isn't proud of it )
Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Nobility

Wow I love that necklace that Camilla is wearing, it looks so good on her. All the sparkles, the diamonds. I think I need sunglasses
Old 01-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I think we can not expect another report from this tabloid....
Charles received a great award for the important work he has done for so many years. That should be the headline!
I also think that all these articles in the newspaper about Camilla´s necklace are written to change the main subject of the US trip!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
With the right hardware that necklace could be one of the most magnificant tiaras in the world! Whoa, that is nice.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Rubensian

I really adore the opulent luxuriance and succulence which surrounds the Duchess. Most of the times she simply hits the perfect right notes. She would have been a dream model for the famous Flemish Master Peter Paul Rubens, known for his allegoric paintings with blossoming and creamy goddesses.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
I really adore the opulent luxuriance and succulence which surrounds the Duchess. Most of the times she simply hits the perfect right notes. She would have been a dream model for the famous Flemish Master Peter Paul Rubens, known for his allegoric paintings with blossoming and creamy goddesses.

But the women Rubens liked to paint were much more stout than Camilla is. She has a good neckline, okay, but the rest is not enough for Rubens...i fear... but good for her...
Old 01-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I think we can not expect another report from this tabloid....
Charles received a great award for the important work he has done for so many years. That should be the headline!
I also think that all these articles in the newspaper about Camilla´s necklace are written to change the main subject of the US trip!
The Mail is still smarting from losing the court case. They have always tried to belittle the good Charles has done and does, IMO.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall