The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this it for her engangements then? Good timing.
They've all been complaining about her not looking huge, but as GG says above, this is the time when you really grow.

I've been wondering if we'll see her at Wimbledon this year. Yes, it would be close to when she's due, but considering how huge a tennis fan she is....I guess it all depends on how Kate's feeling at the time, but I have been wondering about it.

It's not often I get to combine two of my favourite things at the same time and ESPN/whomever has the Wimbledon rights now always show the Royals if there are any in attendance. :D

As for Hilary Mantel, I am of the camp who believes they deliberately misunderstood what she said because she criticized the media. Then they took snippets of her speech and spread it around to make people who wouldn't read the entire thing angry.

I agree - today in the short piece on the Hospice video (which they tacked on the end of the piece about William leaving the RAF), The Sunday Times wrote about the dress she was wearing and its price

:bang:

As this is (nominally, at least) the Duchess of Cambridge current events thread, discussion of various US celebrities and their pregnancies has been removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator

:cool:Do you really think she is going to put the baby in that basket?
It looks very uncomfortable because the position will not be very straigh that is a round basket...And of course if the baby grow out quite quickly it only last for the first 3 or 4 months, it is a very small basket and the price is too high...of course it is easy to bring the basket down stairs during the day they are light and easy to move and maybe because of that she choses it!

Yes.. It's perfectly normal to put the baby to sleep in a moses basket for the first few months. Mainly because it doesn't take up a lot os space and you can place it right next to your own bed. My sister had one for both baby's as did most people I know. The bottom is perfectly straight so the baby will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool:Do you really think she is going to put the baby in that basket?
Perhaps if you saw some baskets outfitted with bedding you would realize that the baby will be quite comfortable: MosesBaskets.com

I would imagine in a house the size of the Middleton's - that they will just place the moses basket in one spot. Perhaps near where the family eats dinner or watches television. Likely they will also have a full nursery for the baby as the house is reported to have enough bedrooms and I would expect that Kate and William will continue to visit the Middletons as the years roll on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lent a Moses basket but never used it. Yes, if you have a big baby, it only lasts a couple of months but mostly,
There were no wheels for rocking or moving it from place to place
I was lucky to have a giant vintage bassinette to rock and wheel from room to room.
Also used a baby carriage inside.

catherine look great!!!!! no official acts until june???

We don't know that yet. Some engagements are announced just 1 or 2 weeks until the actual date.

i hope so! in may is ascot and and the windsor royal horse show

what is possible for May is attendance at the Garden Parties at BP and possibly (but it would be a 1st) the Chelsea Flower Show which members of the BRF attend every year.

Plus as Kathia Sophia said, shor notice engagements are generally the norm.

and the windsor royal horse show is in may?

I really do not understand why people keep comparing Kate to Diana. Apart from the fact they are fecund females who married into the BRF at a very high level and who, at the time of their marriage, both expected to eventually become Queen Consort, the two women have very little in common, IMO.

I agree...Diana and Kate are worlds apart on many levels.

LaRae

I really do not understand why people keep comparing Kate to Diana. Apart from the fact they are fecund females who married into the BRF at a very high level and who, at the time of their marriage, both expected to eventually become Queen Consort, the two women have very little in common, IMO.

Well, you've provided more reason for comparison than existed between Diana and Sarah at the time of their marriages, and yet that comparison lasted for a good while.

:previous: Diana and Sarah were at least contemporaries, both on the scene and married to the Queen's sons at the same time, and photographed together. I think there was far more reason to compare them. Diana and Kate are separated by time, generation, age and education, so there is far less reason to compare them, IMO. Not that I think the comparisons will ever stop, mind you.

The comparisons were going to happen regardless the circumstances. Both William & Catherine knew this and their families as well. I don't think they let the comparisons bother them. Catherine is doing her own thing and I think that's where her focus is now. I do think Catherine draws a little inspiration from her late mother-in-law though.

To me, Diana was Diana, Kate is Kate. I admire Kate for Kate, and Diana for Diana.

I hate the comparisons as well, wish people would get over Diana and allow Kate to be herself.

I know she just had her last engagement last week, but it feels like ages already. I think I'm turning into a Catherine addicted.:lol:

To me, Diana was Diana, Kate is Kate. I admire Kate for Kate, and Diana for Diana.
you totally right!:flowers: kate is kate and diana is diana, and the both are the most important woman in william's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom