The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think Kim is pretty confident in some of her designs and if she sent HRH some of her things, I'm sure Catherine and the Palace thught that was a nice gesture but they don't feel it's approriate to accept Kim's offer.

Then again, that's if the story is true. God knows you will hear tons of carzy stories like this.

fandesacs2003 said:
OMG!!!!!! If I saw Kate wearing one of Kim's trashes (matter impossible), I would kill myself immediately!!!! :eek::eek:

You and me both.

It's quite simple why Catherine refused the gifts, she's not supposed to accept them. Easy.

Had Catherine liked any of the items sent to her all she would've had to do is send the Kardashians a cheque for their face value. The fact that she apparently chose not to, suggests to me that she just didn't like any of it.

:previous:

Just to point out three flaws in the logic:
- It is likely Kate never even saw the designs (if the story is true in the first place).
- How would she know the face value anyway? I doubt the price tags were attached to the gifts.
- Even if she absolutely loved the designs (and I strongly doubt that because her taste is, thankfully, very different to Kardashians), she wouldn't have kept the cloths because it would have been a very bad PR.

DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE TO BACK OUR HEROES:
Duchess of Cambridge to back our Heroes | Columnists | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

Can't wait to see what HRH will do and I also can't wait to see what regiments she will become associated as in honorary positions.
Catherine will be brilliant! Perfect cause for her-cannot wait to see her in action!
You and me both.
Me 3- death by vomit!:sick::nonono::lol:
Can you imagine what Prince Phillip would say!?

Catherine will be brilliant! Perfect cause for her-cannot wait to see her in action!

Me 3- death by vomit!:sick::nonono::lol:
Can you imagine what Prince Phillip would say!?

OMG! The mind boggles!:ROFLMAO:

Just to point out three flaws in the logic:
- It is likely Kate never even saw the designs (if the story is true in the first place).
- How would she know the face value anyway? I doubt the price tags were attached to the gifts.
- Even if she absolutely loved the designs (and I strongly doubt that because her taste is, thankfully, very different to Kardashians), she wouldn't have kept the cloths because it would have been a very bad PR.

The clothes are on sale in Dorothy Perkins as the Kardashians have a joint venture with them, finding out the prices would be as simple as checking their website.

What leads you to believe that Kate wouldn't have seen the clothes? She was in London last week, probably in daily contact with her office which is based in KP where she and William stay when they're in London.

We know for a fact that Rebecca Taylor sent Kate a selection of her designs, expecting that (like lots of actresses/singers/reality 'stars') she'd not pay for them. Kate actually sent back those pieces she didn't want, kept those she did and paid Rebecca Taylor the full retail price for them.

I don't suppose we'll ever know if any of this happened. Do I believe that Kate would choose not to touch that crap with a bargepole? Yes. Do I believe that the Kardashians, while in London, would send Kate some of their line in the hopes that she would wear some of it? Absolutely.

I had forgotten Kate was in London at the time; thought she was in Wales. :)
In any case, I find it extremely difficult to imagine her wearing one of the Kardashian designs.

Last edited:
You can hate on the Kardashian's all you want for their reality show and sex tape, but their legitimate clothes and designs are fashionable and at equal parts sexy and sophisticated. It also would t hut Kate to take some hair style advice from Kim.

I looked at the items on the website. It's a bit surprising to me that they thought she would be interested in those pieces. If this story is true why didn't someone try to tslk the Kardashians out of it. Im young and some of the stuff is wearable if you're going to a club. The DOC just doesn't need items with sequins nor bodysuits. Unless she's just wearing it at home for the hubby.

There are some very sensible looking dresses that would make for perfect working dresses if paired with one of her blazers or fine coats. It's not all sequins and skank-dresses... Just saying...

Somehow I just don't see Kate wanting to keep up with the Kardashians.

*shudder* Kardashians. Proof that no matter how much money you have, you can't buy class. Oh, sorry...klass.

I'm not sure if I'd be depressed or infurated if Catherine ever wore anything from that bunch. Yuck.

It is so easy to speak bad of the Kardasians. As much as you bash them, they have a job, and work much more than a certain duchess has in her entire life.

Well, some people may not like the Kardasian family but I don't think theres a need to bash The Duchess of Cambridge.

I'm sure the DoC office politely returns free offers of clothing on a regular basis...and none of those returns have made it to the press...which makes me believe the source for this story was someone from the Kardashian Kamp. Whether she took the clothes or not was irrelevant, more publicity for their UK launch.

It is so easy to speak bad of the Kardasians. As much as you bash them, they have a job, and work much more than a certain duchess has in her entire life.
This "working" family use Cambridge name for advertising their clothing line. Free and impudently.

rosana said:

Sex tapes and reality shows are definitely work. Kardashians have probably never worked a day in their life for what they have now, they lived off their parents until reality TV came calling.

You can bash Catherine all you like, nobody will ever listen.

I forgot that to say thet Kate never worked in her life, which is true, was bashing her, excuse me. I forgot KM made an impressive career with her parents, for which she went to Uni, am I right?:ROFLMAO: Oh I must be mixing things a bit.

btw, Pippa´s usign her sisters fame to make money is bashing Pippa?:lol:

I forgot that to say thet Kate never worked in her life, which is true, was bashing her, excuse me. I forgot KM made an impressive career with her parents, for which she went to Uni, am I right?:ROFLMAO: Oh I must be mixing things a bit.

You should have a more clearer definition of "work". Catherine worked hard enough at school to gain entrance to St. Andrew's. She worked there hard enough to get a honourable degree. After that she decided not to forge a career for herself and it is officially stated that after her short stint as an accessory buyer she worked for her family. So to say it is true that she never worked in her life is not only bashing the Duchess, but claiming that official institutions like Marlborough College, St. Andrew's university and Clarence House are lying to the public while you know the truth! A bit pathetic, is it?

While I'm personally not in the least interested how these strange sisters"worked" to get where they are now. Though I have my doubts even one of them worked hard enough at school to have a decent graduation.

rosana said:

Think you need to look up the word 'work' in a dictionary because your definition is far out!

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#Kate #Royal Photos taken by Kate on her own camera while on Jubilee tour in Borneo to be displayed on wednesday on http://www.dukeandduchessofcambridge.org

#royal #kate The photos were taken on her own camera while she and Duke visited Danum Valley research centre in Borneo in September

#royal #kate is a keen photographer, has been for many years. Many of these private pics taken on jungle walk where cameras didn't follow

I really don't know why HRhH continues to be attacked on her work experience when it's been established she had other jobs before her marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know why HRhH continues to be attacked on her work experience when it's been established she had other jobs before her marriage.

To be honest, with the recent post about Kate's work experience, it just makes me realize that you never see a negative person have a positive thought.

Some people also seem to feel that working for your family's business (which all 3 of the Middleton children have done) is not actual 'work'. I have a few friends who work for their parents' firms, I must remember to tell them that apparently that doesn't count :rolleyes:.

Honestly do you really think this all story regarding the Kardahians clothes are true?? of course not...Kim would not for sure that Kate is not the women for her clothes, neither she would never accepted that kind of offer...that is not a thing that she would do for sure...that is so absurd thinking this is a true story!

Probably a more politically correct statement would be that Kate has never 100% supported herself. I'd say Kate hasn't supported herself 30%. Never had to pay rent, make a car payment, etc.

There will always be people who try to make us think she toiled on a daily basis, from 9 to 5. I will never believe that's the case.

Probably a more politically correct statement would be that Kate has never 100% supported herself. I'd say Kate hasn't supported herself 30%. Never had to pay rent, make a car payment, etc.

There will always be people who try to make us think she toiled on a daily basis, from 9 to 5. I will never believe that's the case.

But why should she have to? Frankly, I don't see the problem. I worked full time for over 40 years and I wish it hadn't been necessary. If I had been able financially (via my parents) to work p/time or not at all, I'd have done it. However, I don't envy those who didn't have to work. Life's just like that.

The majority of people work to live - if they didn't have to, then they wouldn't do it. She worked to get to university and she worked to get her degree and she worked part-time (probably) for her parents. What's wrong with that?

I think the main point is that Catherine had a couple of jobs before her marriage. So this tabloid idea that Catherine never worked a day in her life is very incorrect. Also, there is nothing wrong with working in your family business. I think Party Pieces is where it is today because of the family working hard to make it a great success.

Kate scrubbed my deck, says Cape skipper:
Kate scrubbed my deck, says Cape skipper - IOL Tonight | IOL.co.za

But why should she have to? Frankly, I don't see the problem. I worked full time for over 40 years and I wish it hadn't been necessary. If I had been able financially (via my parents) to work p/time or not at all, I'd have done it. However, I don't envy those who didn't have to work. Life's just like that.

The majority of people work to live - if they didn't have to, then they wouldn't do it. She worked to get to university and she worked to get her degree and she worked part-time (probably) for her parents. What's wrong with that?

I didn't say there was anything WRONG with it. I didn't have to work, but I worked because I didn't want to be an empty bottle. I can't compare my work history with anyone else's, but if a person is to be independent, they must make their own path.

I don't care if Kate never worked...I'm just tired of hearing how hard she worked/works.

:previous: fair enough :)

What I get fed up with (this is not directed at you KittyAtlanta) is the idea that because we dont see Catherine everyday, the assumption is that she is doing nothing at all. Truth is we just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom