The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall had a similar incident a while ago. An experienced granny, she taught the little girl the art of compromising by taking the flowers (from the girl's mother who intervened) and then returning some to the crying girl which had the immediate effect of cheering her up.
I wonder what did Kate do.

I read that too:lol:

I tried to find a video to see Kate's reaction... I'd like to see wkat she did

Artemisia said:
The Duchess of Cornwall had a similar incident a while ago. An experienced granny, she taught the little girl the art of compromising by taking the flowers (from the girl's mother who intervened) and then returning some to the crying girl which had the immediate effect of cheering her up.
I wonder what did Kate do.

I temember reading about that incident as well. Like you, I'd love to know how Catherine handled the situation.

I temember reading about that incident as well. Like you, I'd love to know how Catherine handled the situation.
I'm sure Kate handled it with tact and diplomacy. :)
Meanwhile, you can read about the incident with the Duchess of Cornwall here.

I'm sure she wouldn't make the litttle girl cry

poor thing

HRH is a true professional and I am in awe of how well she adapts to her role!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter There must have been a bit of a last minute rush to see Kate then if the crowd went from 70 to 500 in the city centre.

Simon Perry ‏@SPerryPeoplemag
Kate Dazzles Onlookers as Queen of the … Garden http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20637627,00.html …

Video: Duchess Of Cambridge Meets Cheering Crowds On Solo Tour of Tyneside - Sky Tyne and Wear
liltinglimes ‏@liltinglimes
Video: Duchess of Cambridge makes solo visit to Newcastle via @Telegraph http://soc.li/0m0Atli
Duchess Izzie ‏@DuchessIzzy
Video: The Duchess of Cambridge playing boccia at the Percy Hedley Sports Academy @PH_Sports http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1NV4-ETlyw&feature=youtube_gdata_player …
A very sweet story and one lucky little guy. "Duchess of Cambridge hugs a hoodie during visit to Newcastle" http://tgr.ph/OnHLAQ
liltinglimes ‏@liltinglimes
BBC News - The Duchess of Cambridge was welcomed by crowds on solo visit to north-east http://bbc.in/OnI6DF
"RT@RoyalReporter: We've learned sth abt Kate today tht even some royal aides didn't know: she's a keen gardener & grows her own potatoes."

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate
"She waved at me so I stuck two fingers up. Why not? I'll never get the chance again" Lol, why?! #Kate
Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate
"She reminisced about her University days when she met international students - revealing she found her dissertation hard work." #Kate
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
The Duchess of Cambridge was delighted with 2 jars of home made apple chutney and Royal Strawberry Jam given to her by schoolchildren today

:previous: Thanks so much for all your work ghost_night554!!! A wealth of royal current events

Last edited:
Her Royal Highness just make me smile. I enjoy watching her grow into her official role.

Thanks as always, ghost. Best of luck in your exams. Have you considered a stint at a British university? You could go and see these events in person with no time zone issues.
Thank you! Slightly OT but as much as I'd LOVE to do a stint at a British University I think my parents would kill me especially after all the money we've spent already with the current one I'm attending. But the plan is fingers crossed in a few years to move to London with a journalism degree and try to get a job in the field of royal correspondence.

Ok so vids here: Home - ITNSource News
More pics here:william & catherine

The little girl is named Lola Mackay - and she is cute - here she is solo: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lola+Mackay+Duchess+Cambridge+Visits+North+jieWpTUo-hol.jpg

Thank you so much for the photos Admirer. Little Lola is so cute and I see her mummy was well prepared for the day as she appears to have brought along the potty just in case!

It seems that Kate's visit yesterday was a great success. She seems amazingly comfortable and confident considering she's only been in the role for 18 months. She looks like she enjoys meeting people which likely makes it easier for her.

The pictures of her hugging the little boy were so sweet. As the article said, if you don't ask, you don't get. Well done him for having the courage to ask for a hug.

One of Catherine's criticisms from her detractors is that she is stiff and wooden and 'fake' but children recognise fake from a mile away and boys and girls of all ages are 'in love' with her and enthralled by HRH. Articles about William and Catherine always make me smile!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke-of-Earl said:
One of Catherine's criticisms from her detractors is that she is stiff and wooden and 'fake' but children recognise fake from a mile away and boys and girls of all ages are 'in love' with her and enthralled by HRH. Articles about William and Catherine always make me smile!!! :D

This is very true. Children will 'reveal' the true person underneath by either wanting to be around him/her, or hiding behind a parent/ignoring the person completely. They're the best judges of character and 'psychologists' :D.

LOL at the potty:ROFLMAO:

Catherine visited yesterday with a group of teen moms - a potential quagmire of issues for some people. She seemed to handle the visit well and focused on the young women and their lives rather than the politics of any related issues. It struck me as I read the report below that Kate showed some real skill here. :previous:
Kate Middleton talks babies with teenage mums - Mirror Online

AdmirerUS said:
Catherine visited yesterday with a group of teen moms - a potential quagmire of issues for some people. She seemed to handle the visit well and focused on the young women and their lives rather than the politics of any related issues. It struck me as I read the report below that Kate showed some real skill here. :previous:
Kate Middleton talks babies with teenage mums - Mirror Online

This is a great cause to support. Again, Catherine is not afraid to get her hands dirty and wor with organizations that are not glamourous.

This is a great cause to support. Again, Catherine is not afraid to get her hands dirty and wor with organizations that are not glamourous.

This charity was part of the group that received donations from the Royal Wedding last year.

Video: The Duchess of Cambridge visiting Addiction Clinic in Newcastle-

Single Video Player

I hope this link works because you can see Catherine leaving and greeting the crowds. A little girl was due to give the Duchess some flowers but decided not to and Catherine thought that was very funny.

Thank you for the link! Children just love Catherine and you can tell that HRH adores children!

I love this and I hope she makes a habit of it. Given her interest in hospice care, I have no doubt this was a personal gesture- and a very nice one.

Video: The Duchess of Cambridge visiting Addiction Clinic in Newcastle-

Single Video Player

I hope this link works because you can see Catherine leaving and greeting the crowds. A little girl was due to give the Duchess some flowers but decided not to and Catherine thought that was very funny.

cute little girl:lol: Kate handled it very well

Lovely gestures by the DOC as always! Love the articles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom