The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Beautiful post Daria. I agree with it 100%! The bold section is my favorite part of the post.... sounds so familiar.... I wonder why!
I guess it's the old thing... Boys look for that special something of Mums in their own wife. Lucky if they find it (especially in this case) and happy because they get their deepest wish!

(That's at least what hubbie tells me - and there are some similarities between my MiL and me...)

Old 02-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

She just looks so natural interacting with people, like she was born to do it. She looks happy and so beautiful. Can't help but being proud of her, I think she's done an amazing job so far.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Beautiful post Daria. I agree with it 100%! The bold section is my favorite part of the post.... sounds so familiar.... I wonder why!
It does sound familiar...the Queen in her youth and the late Queen Mother were just as affectionate...
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I asked them if they would post any pics from her visit like the hospital did and they replied back to me:
TheBrink @BrinkLiverpool @Kristinazzz9191 Thanks, hope it's tasty! Yes, we'll have some exclusive photos from the visit up soon!

Also for anyone who wants the full details on how to make the "Duchess" here's the full recipe: https://twitter.com/#!/BrinkLiverpool/status/169828678887419906/photo/1

Some exclusive shots from Kate's visit to Alder Hey Hospital
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...9wbno1_500.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...9wbno1_500.jpg
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
William and Catherine
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...thv5o1_500.jpg
Old 02-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

FOUR? Four wax figures of Kate? Why, all she did was get married. I visited Madame T's in London and vowed never to return. My wax figure looks nothing like me.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

Kate is getting a wax figure and one of them is to be beside her husband William except the others will have Kate in different dresses and I believe the one in new York gets Kate with the wedding dress. I just don't understand why not the same one for all Madame tussauds? Plus Kate will be the one personally viewing her wax figure.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

Also for anyone who wants the full details on how to make the "Duchess" here's the full recipe: https://twitter.com/#!/BrinkLiverpool/status/169828678887419906/photo/1
Gosh! Honestly, I don't think this will become a Standard Alcohol-Free Cocktail. It's so nurturing. But then The Brink Bar has customers who need to get more weight, no matter how and this surely is a very healthy way to dring a lot of energy. But who else might be able to stomach that?

Here's my alternative:

Get some very good marcipan. Sugar is as healthy as honey and this way it's easier to work with. Plus you get some really nice roast aromas with the marcipan (letovers from Xmas?). Put it in a blender and mix it with milk and banana till smooth. Put it in a shaker and shake for a short time till cool enough. Pour in a glass and season it with either grounded All Spice or Nutmeg.

But then this is a real nice breakfast smoothie! But skip the Cream, please. It's rich enough as it is....
Old 02-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
FOUR? Four wax figures of Kate? Why, all she did was get married. I visited Madame T's in London and vowed never to return. My was figure looks nothing like me.
So far I thought they need to get permission to show people's likeness in wax. In your case you should have refused the honour, dear.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
So far I thought they need to get permission to show people's likeness in wax. In your case you should have refused the honour, dear.
Hee, hee, hee. Well, how could I refuse? It is the only way I could get in the same room as George Harrison (sigh).
Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Majesty

I think it's because of whom she married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
FOUR? Four wax figures of Kate? Why, all she did was get married.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

My fave vid to date definitely sums up the day pretty well
Kate spends Valentine
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Presumably Madame Tussauds feel that Kate is popular enough that people in several counties will want to see it.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
My fave vid to date definitely sums up the day pretty well
Kate spends Valentine
What a heartwarming video. Kate may have been missing William on Valentine's Day, but she was definitely not alone and had plenty of adoring sweethearts to shower her with affection!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Majesty

I'm not a fan of wax figures (the ones of William and Harry creep me out), but perhaps Catherine's will not look like a psycho serial killer. The video from the 'TODAY' show was very lovely, and summed up the day pretty well. I'm glad Catherine was able to share herself on a day that focuses on giving love.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Wax Kate in London is Issa Blue Engagement Kate. The New York Kate is BAFTA LA Reception Kate. Amsterdam Kate is War Horse Black Lace Dress Kate and the Blackpool Kate is ARK Gala Reception Kate which is similar to BAFTA Kate.

Looking at Wax William, hopefully they will give him a new head. The current one has way too much hair.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm not a fan of wax figures (the ones of William and Harry creep me out), but perhaps Catherine's will not look like a psycho serial killer. The video from the 'TODAY' show was very lovely, and summed up the day pretty well. I'm glad Catherine was able to share herself on a day that focuses on giving love.

Some of them look good but others just look freaky as all get out. If one was made of me i would refuse to go see it.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate revealed that she is a fan of TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex), a trash TV docu soap with real life "actors" channelling Katie Price (women with lots of fake hair, lips, nails, spray tan, boob jobs etc).

The Only Way Is Essex: Duchess of Cambridge Kate gives TOWIE the royal seal of approval by admitting she's a fan | Mail Online
Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Kate revealed that she is a fan of TOWIE (The Only Way is Essex), a trash TV docu soap with real life "actors" channelling Katie Price (women with lots of fake hair, lips, nails, spray tan, boob jobs etc).

The Only Way Is Essex: Duchess of Cambridge Kate gives TOWIE the royal seal of approval by admitting she's a fan | Mail Online
We all have our guilty pleasures, I guess. After all, something mindless can be good after a stressful day (not that I would know, since I don't watch television....but I do read fan fiction, so I guess I'm familiar with the concept).

Old 02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Hey, I also read somewhere that supposedly she and the Duke, are also fans of Downton Abbey, so we cannot be too hard on her....
But the fact that she likes the kind of program TOWIE is ( do not have it in the U.S, would not watch even if we did) surprises me.
But as you say, we all have our guilty pleasures!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Hey, I also read somewhere that supposedly she and the Duke, are also fans of Downton Abbey, so we cannot be too hard on her....
But the fact that she likes the kind of program TOWIE is ( do not have it in the U.S, would not watch even if we did) surprises me.
But as you say, we all have our guilty pleasures!
I remember reading about that too. So, yes, that gives them both a lot of points in my book, and maybe even cancels out the fact that she watches some bad reality TV. Like you, I won't watch that kind of program. The concept rings too much of a show that is popular and deals with some sort of housewives. Don't ask. I'm not a TV watcher.

Closed Thread