The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
UKCambridgeDuchess300x215-1.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread #1

29 April 2011 - 31 January 2012

Catherine Middleton current events, covering the period November 2010 to 29 April 2011 can be found here.

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not quite sure if this should go in here or in the royal wedding part of the forum so please move it if needed.

Diário de Notícias
Kate Middleton já tem boneca vestida de noiva - Especiais - DN

And now for the hurried translation:

Kate Middleton already has a bridal doll

The replica of the Duchess of Cambridge on her wedding day costs 100 € and can be ordered online. It's handpainted and made out of porcelain.

The creative team at Ashton-Drake Galleries, a company that makes collection dolls in the US, created an almost exact replica of the bride Kate Middleton on her wedding day.
Only five hours after the world caught its first glimpse of prince William's bride leaving her car towards Westminster Abbey with her dress designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, the doll, the tiara and dress were ready.
the bride's replica, created by chief seamstress Ashton Drake and by designer Yermen Romero will start production briefly. Each porcelain doll will be handmade and carry a certificate of authenticity. The dolls can be ordered at the company's website at Collectible Dolls from The Ashton-Drake Galleries Online

She looks good with straight hair.

It cool those two are keeping it real.

They're still calling her Kate Middleton???

I thought the paparazzi didn't bother them on Anglesey. Guess not.

I think it's wonderful to see, Despite being Duchess of Cambridge she is still so down to earth and obviously enjoying life as a housewife. She looked great.

Maybe they were told that the royal housewife will show up at the local supermarket to prove her stay-at-home-without-servants ambition.
Kate looks rough, the housework must clearly be taking its toll.

With how many bodyguards did she show up there protecting herself and the world famous huge engagement ring?

Looks like at least one paparazzo didn't get the message. And look at how many news outlets picked up the pictures. He's certainly made his money's worth.

Also, I can't help laughing at the fact that the Daily Mail felt the need to blur out the face of Kate's protection officer in one of the photos!

Last edited:
Looks like at least one paparazzo didn't get the message. And look at how many news outlets picked up the pictures. He's certainly made his money's worth.

Also, I can't help laughing at the fact that the Daily Mail felt the need to blur out the face of Kate's protection officer in one of the photos!

Nowadays it doesn't have to be someone who is officially a paparzzo. Anyone can take a photo send it to a photo agency and make a quick 40K. For all we know this could have been someone shopping though it does look like a regular pap shot.

In the Washington Post magazine they did an article about this guy who became a paparazzo, he took one particular picture (can't remember who) and it basically made him like 50K plus.

It's wonderful to see the new princess continuing on her everyday life, but for their sake, I hope these photographers leave them alone. God knows Anglesey attracted them because it was in the middle of nowhere and out of prying eyes. Hopefully it's temporary...

Nowadays it doesn't have to be someone who is officially a paparzzo. Anyone can take a photo send it to a photo agency and make a quick 40K. For all we know this could have been someone shopping though it does look like a regular pap shot.

In the Washington Post magazine they did an article about this guy who became a paparazzo, he took one particular picture (can't remember who) and it basically made him like 50K plus.

That's painfully true. I believe Princess Letizia mentioned that people take pictures of her daughters with their cell phones when she takes them out.

And with many people struggling in this economy, any way to make a quick buck will do.

Duke of Marmalade said:
Maybe they were told that the royal housewife will show up at the local supermarket to prove her stay-at-home-without-servants ambition.
Kate looks rough, the housework must clearly be taking its toll.

I thought maybe you were exaggerating but she really does look rough. If I didn't know any better I'd say she's hitting 40! Nothing about her life is hard so I don't understand why her face is so harsh, rough and old looking.

Anyways It's nice seeing her out and about:)
I like her hair and the poncho.

Last edited:
:previous:
I think it is the wieght loss, as soon as she puts a couple lbs back on she will look fuller and youthful again...in my opinion.. I dont' think she looks at all as bad as you put it though..:whistling::eek::ermm:

It was a very grey and rainy here in North Wales today. Nobody looks that great in that kind of light, plus she has minimal make up on. I'm sure when she starts to put some weight on she'll look better.

While I agree she should be left alone by the paps - if it was them and not some opportunist shopper, it's also very cool to see a Duchess doing her own supermarket shopping. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Again, the newspaper got it wrong. Although the Princess Elizabeth and Philip spent time together on Malta, they make it sound like it was a solid 2 years, which it was not.

No one can get anything right these days. (yes, I'm crabby right now!!!) LOL

I thought maybe you were exaggerating but she really does look rough. If I didn't know any better I'd say she's hitting 40! Nothing about her life is hard so I don't understand why her face is so harsh, rough and old looking.

Anyways It's nice seeing her out and about:)
I like her hair and the poncho.

I think that is a bold statement to make, have you had an insight in her agenda for the last couple of months? I think it's easy judging when on the sideline.

I think it is the wieght loss, as soon as she puts a couple lbs back on she will look fuller and youthful again...in my opinion.. I dont' think she looks at all as bad as you put it though..:whistling::eek::ermm:

I agree.

Nothing about her life is hard? She's judged by millions of people daily whenever she walks out of the house. If she doesn't look the part, the way we imagine her, she's criticized for it. In the grand scheme of things compared to a homeless person or an underemployed person she might seem to have no care in the world but everyone has something to worry about and pressures they're put under.

Lady Ann said:

Or it could be stress and genetics. If she is stressing I hope she'll stop. I'm just saying she's to pretty to be looking like that.

Okay I'm going to explain myself: When I say nothing about her life is hard I mean she doesn't have to worry about bills. She doesn't have to clean her house. She doesn't have to worry about paying rent. She doesn't have to worry about where her next meal is coming from. No worries about putting clothes on her back. No worries about taking care of her kids. She doesn't have to worry about having no hot water...or even running water for that matter. She doesn't have to worry about gas prices. She doesn't have to work her butt off or sell drugs just to make a dollar. The list can go on and on. You get the picture.

So yes her life is not hard. It's frustrating being scrutinized and in front of the cameras but not hard. What I described above is hard.

Last edited:
I 've found Kate's looks "harsh"(from shopping pics on Daily Mail).It seems she's getting back on Earth after all the stress around the wedding ,but at the same time I have a feeling she's not too happy by the supposed separation from William during his duty on Falklands.
But I'm very sure she'll enjoy their tour in summer to Canada and US.By the way,does anyone know if they pass by in Quebec(Montreal)?
Anyway,Kate is very natural and this is admirable feature

Or it could be stress and genetics. If she is stressing I hope she'll stop. I'm just saying she's to pretty to be looking like that.

There's like ONE bad shot where there are shaddows on her face (under her eyes, etc...) She looks great in the rest. Anyone who thinks she looks terrible or old, have one of your friends surprise photograph you on your way into the grocery store and we'll see how good you look!:argh:

Okay I'm going to explain myself: When I say nothing about her life is hard I mean she doesn't have to worry about bills. She doesn't have to clean her house. She doesn't have to worry about paying rent. She doesn't have to worry about where her next meal is coming from. No worries about putting clothes on her back. No worries about taking care of her kids. She doesn't have to worry about having no hot water...or even running water for that matter. She doesn't have to worry about gas prices. She doesn't have to work her butt off or sell drugs just to make a dollar. The list can go on and on. You get the picture.

So yes her life is not hard. It's frustrating being scrutinized and in front of the cameras but not hard. What I described above is hard.

I agree, it is stress and the weight loss..although she was always thin she had a round young healthy face. When she lost them two dress sizes(as reported) she lost alot of weight from her face.. she might not have all the worries that we do but, she was shopping for her own food and I think she is cooking and cleaning(as reported not that I can't be 100%) but, what is hard for you or me is diffrent story to her now. Can you even think of the stress that has come along with being William's girlfriend and now wife,,the weight of what must be expected of her, The wedding was the first act of a life long play..
but I agree with you about not having to suffer for things the way some do..but i dont think it is genetics look at her mother...and the father is nice looking for and older man.

just saying:flowers: apples and oranges, happy posting!!!

Last edited:
PrincePatrick said:
There's like ONE bad shot where there are shaddows on her face (under her eyes, etc...) She looks great in the rest. Anyone who thinks she looks terrible or old, have one of your friends surprise photograph you on your way into the grocery store and we'll see how good you look!:argh:

Lol that was funny:lol:

Lady Ann said:
I agree, it is stress and the weight loss..although she was always thin she had a round young healthy face. When she lost them two dress sizes(as reported) she lost alot of weight from her face.. she might not have all the worries that we do but, she was shopping for her own food and I think she is cooking and cleaning(as reported not that I can't be 100%) but, what is hard for you or me is diffrent story to her now. Can you even think of the stress that has come along with being William's girlfriend and now wife,,the weight of what must be expected of her in the times to come. The shadow of a mother-in-law she will never know but the world will never forget. just saying:flowers: apples and oranges happy posting

but I agree with you about not having to suffer for things the way some do..but i dont think it is genetics look at her mother...and the father is nice looking for and older man.

I totally understand what you're saying. I was just trying emphasize the hard life that some go through and the life she doesn't have to worry about. But I do agree, I'm thankful I'm not in her position. That can be emotionally terrifying :)

Last edited:
I wish people would leave her alone and not pick everything little thing
apart.
Hope this is an exception to the press finding her.

This is just a natural pretty girl.

I wish people would leave her alone and not pick everything little thing
apart.
Hope this is an exception to the press finding her.

This is just a natural pretty girl.

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to happen because people will buy the rags and other publications that have stories about her and so the gutter press will write them. As the industry is sooooooo competitive the better publications will also have to print them or lose market share so we will be subjected to many stories.

In addition it isn't just the paparzzi any more. A lot of people with mobile phones take pictures and can send them through to the press or simply upload them onto the internet.

Unless they remain totally holed up inside their home pictures will appear on the internet regularly - even if not actually in the press.

I should look so "harsh". :)

Actually, she is probably still tired from all the tumult of the past few months and just now beginning to be able to relax. Whatever .... she is a beautiful girl, no matter how people try to spin it. There will always be pictures taken that are less than flattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom