Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 6: September-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
theyhad a quick blurb on ABC news this morning about how Sarah has said that she would like to dance on the "Dancing with the Stars" show that just ended the other day here in the states.
She has said that she has always been interested in dancing and would love to learn the Tango. they did not show her saying this, they just showed her in a very ugly top with a huge bow tied off to the side, around her neck. The news guy just reported on her.
If she does show up on this show, I now know she has lost any and all dignity that she had left.

Sesa, I also read something about that, but I hope she only said so, but never really will take part in a show like this. I know she loves dancing and there have been many pics in the past showing her doing so, but as I know these shows from here in Germany, I really hope she won't do it..:)

Click here for an article from CNN about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all for our respones.

Avalon said:
Sarah Ferguson To Reveal All In Exclusive TV Interview

Sarah Ferguson is getting ready for a private interview where she is said to reveal many intimate details about her life. The Duchess of York is set to bare her soul to a psychologist in a new television series.

I don't get a good feeling about this. I hope she doesn't go overboard and make herself look ridiculous.

Avalon said:

Sarah Ferguson is getting ready for a private interview where she is said to reveal many intimate details about her life. The Duchess of York is set to bare her soul to a psychologist in a new television series.

I hope this isn't true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. The word stupid comes to mind. What possible benefit could something like this have, especially for her children and ex-husband.

I think we should wait and see. She's always been very careful with interviews before, and I can't imagine her saying anything inappropriate now.

Roslyn said:
I think we should wait and see. She's always been very careful with interviews before, and I can't imagine her saying anything inappropriate now.

I guess my point was: why do it at all. Is she just publicity hungry?

selrahc4 said:

Fair point.

Unless she's to receive a large sum and is going to give the money to charity, she would be wiser to keep quiet.

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.....etc!

selrahc4 said:

She is getting older and is probably not asked to do as many 'glam' events. IMO, she is doing this to try to return to the celebrity status she had years ago, when she moved to the US. She seems to be hooked on getting publicity for herself, without taking her daughters feelings into consideration. :mad:

i dont think sarah will reveal too much..i think shes just trying to atract an audience if you get what i mean. I certainly hope she doesnt reveal too much because it will give the royals something else to complain about her.

Avalon said:

It's probably been covered before. And, if not, she's not a woman one could admire in the position she is in, in regards to her relationship to the BRF, specifically regarding her two young daughters.:neutral:

I think it's sad that people are so vindictive and make judgements about the Duchess before she has even participated in the interview.
I think some of the comments about her contributions to her charities could even be libelous...
I have enormous faith in the Duchess and I am proud of her amazing contributions to her charities as I am sure most charities are grateful for her valuable contributions.

By the way, was her PR contract with Weight Watchers renewed or not? That might explain a few things.

servingsophie said:
I think it's sad that people are so vindictive and make judgements about the Duchess before she has even participated in the interview.
I think some of the comments about her contributions to her charities could even be libelous...

If Sarah wants to make a fool of herself, again, by baring her soul on channel 4, why would her daughters want to stop her, after all, they are used to being embarrassed by her.

Try as I might, I have been unable to find any comments that are vindictive or libelous regarding her use of the label 'charity' to sell herself or her little knick knacks.

This was a fair comment
"Also note that we don't even know what that portion of her profit is - it could be 0.001 percent of her profit and technically she would be right."
Most companies have, by law in the UK, to tell you what percentage, if any, of their profit is going to charity, not to do so, is not only a good marketing ploy but, is also seen as very deceitful!

Roslyn said:
I agree with that, Roslyn, let us just wait and see...

Here are some older but nice pics that have not been posted before, they were taken two months ago at the end of September. It has been the Weight Watchers Inspiring Stories Luncheon in New York City - isopix:

Pic1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5

servingsophie said:
I have enormous faith in the Duchess and I am proud of her amazing contributions to her charities as I am sure most charities are grateful for her valuable contributions.

While I agree that people should wait to see the content of the interview without rushing to judgement, I don't see any evidence of libellous comments where her charities are concerned. However, please feel free to contact me by private message to discuss it.

i just saw an interview of sarah i was wondering if it was the one you were talking about. she reveals quite a lot but i didnt think she was too intimate

Here she goes again! How many times can you give a "Tell all" interview and still come off with some self respect. I remember a show years ago where they followed her around for a day and even opened her drawers. How embarassing for her to have to be doing this again!

Qui, I completely agree with your second sentence. There is also only so many times one can do "THE interview! This is the interview where I am going to talk all about how..." and still feel okay calling it that. ;)

The Duchess will keep doing interviews for as long as the media are still interested in her story. As a long time loyal follower of Sarah's and a monarchist, I'm still fascinated by her story.
May I suggest that if people aren't interested they simply don't watch it...

Ah, we haven't said we aren't interested. I tried to re-explain what my post said again but it's really phrased the best way it can be in the post above yours. Neither post says we aren't interested, rather critizes a method of hers.

HighGoalHighDreams said:
Ah, we haven't said we aren't interested. I tried to re-explain what my post said again but it's really phrased the best way it can be in the post above yours. Neither post says we aren't interested, rather criticizes a method of hers.

If I watch it, it will be because there is nothing else on the tv, we are not expecting any visitors and hell has frozen over! :lol:

SS is right in one respect, he says that "as long as the media are still interested"! What a pity 'the media' still can't get it right about what the public want, still I expect that's why it is being shown on channel 4's, not very popular more4!

Last edited:
qui mal y pense said:
. . . and even opened her drawers. How embarassing for her to have to be doing this again!
You have got to be kidding! What on earth would the point be of this? As for the public wanting more of Sarah, I'm sure there are those that still find her appealing and interesting. We all do to a degree, I mean here we are on a thread bearing her name. Maybe it's the way the interview is being advertised. Maybe it shouldn't be refered to as a "tell all" or whatever but something a bit more downgraded, that way it doesn't seem she's giving out the intimate details of her life every other week.

Bella said:
I'm sure there are those that still find her appealing and interesting. We all do to a degree, I mean here we are on a thread bearing her name.

I was thinking exactly the same! If people aren't interested in her, why are they commenting on everything she does?

Sometimes, the decent thing to do is: say nothing at all, if you can't say anything nice...

That's the difference between a discussion board (this) and a 'fan' site. :rolleyes:

I am quite sure that if Sarah does something noteworthy for good reasons, then people will be happy to congratulate her. Giving yet another 'in depth interview', attending parties more suited to teeny boppers, do not IMO, qualify. :rolleyes:

Sarah looks good at the Weight Watchers event...

Bella said:
You have got to be kidding! What on earth would the point be of this? As for the public wanting more of Sarah, I'm sure there are those that still find her appealing and interesting. We all do to a degree, I mean here we are on a thread bearing her name. Maybe it's the way the interview is being advertised. Maybe it shouldn't be refered to as a "tell all" or whatever but something a bit more downgraded, that way it doesn't seem she's giving out the intimate details of her life every other week.

Well if they open her drawers again -» aren't we all interested to see if she has silky underwear like Lady Di had? if she has stuff in those drawers that she shares with her daughters so we can all see the very special relationship she has with her TWO ROYAL daughters.

Princess BellyFlop said:
Well if they open her drawers again -» aren't we all interested to see if she has silky underwear

Depends whether she washed them BEFORE the programme! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom