Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rooted for this woman for the longest, and her wedding with Andrew is one of my all time favorites. But all I do now when I see her name is cringe because I know it's likely going to be something...awful.

Did she hope to re-light the long dead flame with this guy by wearing a see through getup? Is she that lonely?:ohmy:

She had it all and just blew it. I wish she'd pick up the shreds of whatever dignity she has left and lay low.

For a looong time.:sad:

Last edited:
You and me both Moonmaiden...I loved Sarah..but she is just her own worst enemy. I feel like I'm enabling her if I support her at this point! lol

LaRae

:previous::lol::lol::lol:BINGO!!

Time for a tough love intervention...GROW UP SARAH!! ENOUGH!!

Yes! Tough love..that's exactly it.

LaRae

What a terrible dress for Sarah!!!! :eek: A slim 20-something could get away with this, not a woman who'll be 60 years old before too long. Oh dear, oh dear, Sarah! You can do so much better.

OK. I had to bite and see this outfit. I refuse to read Sebastian Shakespeare though. :D

I'm in agreement that the outfit Fergie wore is tacky and more suitable for a woman of a younger age and most likely a better toned body. Its just not something that looks good on a woman over 50. When I see any woman that is dressed like this, it just tells me that the person is looking to "what was" rather than "what is" when it comes to themselves.

The top isn't too bad, but from the waist down....If the skirt had been lined to at least down around the knee it would have been better.

The photograph of Sarah in the Sebastian Shakespeare column is not what she wore in Texas when she saw her friend Lynn Wyatt (and Lynn's son and Sarah's former flame, Steve)...that photo is from March 31, 2017 in London. It's still an ugly dress, regardless of age or body type, nobody should be wearing it.

The link sndral posted has a couple of photos of Sarah for her visit to Houston. She is in a MUCH nicer dress.

The photograph of Sarah in the Sebastian Shakespeare column is not what she wore in Texas when she saw her friend Lynn Wyatt (and Lynn's son and Sarah's former flame, Steve)...that photo is from March 31, 2017 in London. It's still an ugly dress, regardless of age or body type, nobody should be wearing it.

The link sndral posted has a couple of photos of Sarah for her visit to Houston. She is in a MUCH nicer dress.

http://www.chron.com/life/society/a...-the-Duchess-of-York-s-whirlwind-11153905.php

An précis of an interview given by Sarah in which she states that because of her recurring weight problems she always wished she had bulimia but was never in 'that mental place.' Words fail me!

I wish I had bulimia like Princess Diana, says Fergie | Daily Mail Online

She's talking about her bad weight gaining days of the 80's. I'm sure she was in a bad place where she was thinking of ways to lose the weight. Remember, the media was having Sarah for breakfast, lunch and dinner over her weight in those days. Imagine what that was doing to her.

She's talking about her bad weight gaining days of the 80's. I'm sure she was in a bad place where she was thinking of ways to lose the weight. Remember, the media was having Sarah for breakfast, lunch and dinner over her weight in those days. Imagine what that was doing to her.

I agree. An honest personal sharing. :flowers: Likely crosses many minds. After all, that's exactly what the Ancient Romans did. :sad: (Or so we are told).

I agree. An honest personal sharing. :flowers: Likely crosses many minds. After all, that's exactly what the Ancient Romans did. :sad: (Or so we are told).

I saw the headline and just knew it was twisting what Sarah said in some way. Yes, she said she wished she could have bulimia, but she didn't mean it as though she thought bulimia was a good thing...she meant she was eating compulsively and at the time (not now) wished she could purge everything she was eating so she wouldn't keep gaining weight.

When you see how scathing the commenters are towards her even in this article, I'm not surprised that Sarah despised herself for her weight back then.

She does a disservice to people actually suffering from bulimia by trivializing the disease and one would hope that 20 years on Sarah could stop name dropping (in this case Diana) to garner attention.
Interesting description of her diet. W/ her most recent weight loss she originally attributed it to her teas which she was marketing @ the time and later here in the U.S. in her telemarketing TV add she claimed her fusion blender gizmo helped her lose the weight.
I understand her interest in capitalizing on her weight loss as her weight watcher era was probably the most financially secure of her life - I just think that ship has sailed & she needs to move on.

Last edited:
I saw the headline and just knew it was twisting what Sarah said in some way. Yes, she said she wished she could have bulimia, but she didn't mean it as though she thought bulimia was a good thing...she meant she was eating compulsively and at the time (not now) wished she could purge everything she was eating so she wouldn't keep gaining weight.

When you see how scathing the commenters are towards her even in this article, I'm not surprised that Sarah despised herself for her weight back then.

Yes, her quotes were parsed and manipulated for dramatic effect, but, let's face it. Sarah is not a novice at interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several posts have been deleted as they were off-topic. Please try and keep speculation - and fantasies - to a minimum.

Yes, her quotes were parsed and manipulated for dramatic effect, but, let's face it. Sarah is not a novice at interviews.
I understand exactly what Sarah meant, the media were forever comparing the svelte Princess of Wales to Sarah and it started as she walked down the aisle and to be honest I think she is as still genuine and naive as she ever was.

I sat up to watch the wedding live and thought her wedding gown was magnificent, not so keen on the floral headdress wired to her tiara. Now the tiara was lovely . . . but, as she processed up the aisle in such a beautifully embroidered gown and train the disgusting talking heads were explaining how her gown was designed and cut to make her look slimmer, and it was downhill from there.

Being labelled the Duchess of Pork and ruthlessly and endlessly compared to Diana and lampooned must have put an enormous amount of stress on her and we know that was when she began the yo-yo dieting that marked her married life especially since Andrew was often at sea and unable to support her.

As per usual, her comment was taken out of context, but having spent time very publically dieting and crashing must have been so crushing for her and to be quite honest, divorce was the only way out. It got the media off her case. As to this latest rubbish, Sarah has two pretty, healthy daughters with none of her body image problems or insecurities which to me is her crowning glory.

Did you forget the pictures of Sarah with her bank employee ?

I understand exactly what Sarah meant, the media were forever comparing the svelte Princess of Wales to Sarah and it started as she walked down the aisle and to be honest I think she is as still genuine and naive as she ever was.

I sat up to watch the wedding live and thought her wedding gown was magnificent, not so keen on the floral headdress wired to her tiara. Now the tiara was lovely . . . but, as she processed up the aisle in such a beautifully embroidered gown and train the disgusting talking heads were explaining how her gown was designed and cut to make her look slimmer, and it was downhill from there.

Being labelled the Duchess of Pork and ruthlessly and endlessly compared to Diana and lampooned must have put an enormous amount of stress on her and we know that was when she began the yo-yo dieting that marked her married life especially since Andrew was often at sea and unable to support her.

As per usual, her comment was taken out of context, but having spent time very publically dieting and crashing must have been so crushing for her and to be quite honest, divorce was the only way out. It got the media off her case. As to this latest rubbish, Sarah has two pretty, healthy daughters with none of her body image problems or insecurities which to me is her crowning glory.

I've been looking at this post now for a couple of days and wondering how to respond without the thread being Closed for Review.

Sarah's weight is the least of the issues surrounding and following her. At this point, no one cares about the figure of a 57 year-old woman. Someone should tell her. She needs less body-con dresses and a better milliner.

Sarah, as they say now on the internet, "joined the conversation" about Diana, anniversary, bulimia, resurrected stories, etc to bring attention to herself.

You say she wanted the media "off her case".

I say she wanted the media on her case, but she wanted them to be carrying said case around in a sedan chair, and still does, 21 years after that divorce.

It's a wonder those two girls of hers are apparently so normal, considering what they went through with this woman. She approved Oprah's TV crew filming them crying. She brought them, many years before, the little princesses, on vacations with men other than Andrew. One of these vacation men was even photographed with her naked toddler daughter.

I think that the daughters and Andrew keep praising her as a good mother because it is the one thing no one else can really object to.

If Sarah Duchess of York decides to join in the worldwide conversation about Diana's bulimia, now, in 2017, and use it to bring attention to herself, she deserves to be lampooned.

Last edited:

I just saw this.

Sarah DID wear the terrible dress again, in Texas. The pictures of her at the London gala clearly show her wearing some sort of pinned red ribbon on her dress, and her hair was styled differently. In Texas, she wore no ribbon. You go dig, you'll see.

I wish HM would issue a new Letters Patent and decree that any ex-spouse of any royal in the Windsor clan would be known as "Ms. Windsor" and from here on out Fergie would be known as "Ms. Sarah Windsor" and no longer allow titles to be part of surnames. Time to cut that cord for good. It's been twenty years since her divorce (more really) and it's time that Fergie be made to get off of royal grounds as well and leave her to her choices. She's used her daughters so many times over and frankly I don't think she she be carried anymore.

I do think Fergie has a ton of unresolved hostility and I believe she is someone who has an undercurrent of hatred. Showed she still held a HUGE grudge over how she was left with nearly nothing to live off of and she had to see Diana get a huge chunk of change along with housing and various other immense benefits. Diana was even offered royal protection and her offices were in St. James and Diana had a budget for that as well.

Meanwhile, Fergie was forced off to rent office space in a less than prestigious area and I believe lost her royal bodyguards. Thrown off palace grounds, lost her HRH, a punching bag for the press all the more and has made money, but can't seem to keep it together. It always comes apart. While Diana was being courted by the press leadership and spending time being feted by so many, Fergie was cast into the social shadows.

I do believe that Fergie has never forgotten this and basically it's simmered, boiling inside and eating away at her peace of mind. After she got caught selling access, one of her secondary reactions was to go to a lawyer so she could renegotiate her former divorce settlement. I don't believe she has ever been able to fully register and accept that for one reason, fate perhaps, she'll always be second ranked and treated less generously.

Just think about it for a minute. She grew up on a struggling farm and had to deal with being pudgy her whole life, being ignored by boys as a wife type, and ran with the ski set and was a hostess for a wealthy Paddy McNally, but ended up being used as a beck and call girl. Then while running with the ski set, she's the one who doesn't have designer clothes or nice jewels or a large trust fund to reach into. Or really many nice things.

So she ends up on the arm of the Duke of York and marries in, perhaps thinking that so much will change, but it doesn't. Then she has to deal with Diana, who has Duchy money to buy the best, is swamped with jewels, and is lauded as the Second Coming of fashion and glamor. Then as a wife of a royal duke she is expected to project a certain image and wants to lead a certain way of life, but since she can't, she is still restricted.

Then she goes around living life as she did before, only on an elevated scale, which only gets her into trouble. Then she flaunts her new goodies, kind of an 'F-You' to people who used to regard her with indifference or patronizing indulgence and treated her with 'kindness.' Instead, she only earns contempt from the public, an ecstatic press covers her messes and mistakes, while incurring the frustration of HM and the courtiers.

I think she can't cope with always being second best and can't get over the life she threw away with both hands. I wish HM and Co. would cut ehr out for good and leave her to make the most of the life she has left.

Last edited:
I think she may be on the typical charity treadmill -- "you come to my party and I'll be at your's" type of thing. Its neverending. Everyone invites her, and the paps show up to see her woozy and had too much to drink when she looks for her car.

I have a pro-tip here.

Hey, Fergie, stay home!

Last edited:
If there is one thing that I haven't seen in Sarah's makeup since the divorce from Andrew, its hatred. Personally, I don't think Sarah has a mean bone in her body.

She is a lot of other things though. She's always landing herself in some kind of hot water and needs fished out and has made mistakes all over the place that haven't reflected kindly on her. She's a person that very much lives in the now without planning for the future financial wise. The bridges that she's crossed have been burnt behind her and she'll worry about the upcoming bridges when she gets to them.

I think if there was any kind of resentment on Sarah's part, she wouldn't have the close friendship she still has with Andrew. She absolutely adores her daughters and they absolutely adore her. From what I understand, she also has quite a good relationship with HM, The Queen.

Sarah means well and things just don't go well for her no matter how hard she tries. She kind of reminds me of a Lucy Ricardo always getting herself into the middle of something and then has a lot of 'splainin to do but I'd never describe her as one out to get back at anybody for how her life has turned out. Its just not her nature.

I think she has had problems finding out where she really belongs in life and what her real purpose is.

I think she has had problems finding out where she really belongs in life and what her real purpose is.

She's not attractive and should have stepped away from public life years ago. If she's dead-set on being a public figure NOW, ...with the "hotel jobs"..... God help her daughters.

The way I figure it, if either Sarah or her daughters' presence at a charity function helps to bring in *one* dollar or that the charity work they do benefits *one* person, its worthwhile in my book.

Sarah does have a huge heart and I do believe she sincerely puts herself into doing her charity work and backs her causes with altruistic intentions.

The way I figure it, if either Sarah or her daughters' presence at a charity function helps to bring in *one* dollar or that the charity work they do benefits *one* person, its worthwhile in my book.

Sarah does have a huge heart and I do believe she sincerely puts herself into doing her charity work and backs her causes with altruistic intentions.

I think that you, Osipi, are quite familiar with what it is like to have a big heart.

Sarah Ferguson knows what it's like to parade a big heart.

She only promotes charity because it fulfills a hole in her social life and a tax-free entity might or might not pay for her dress, car and tipple. That's all she wants, really, dress, car and tipple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom