Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the link a few posts above. :previous: It's just a small quote in a Daily Mail article about Andrew's 50th birthday party.

Andrew enjoyed a kiss on the cheek from every female guest.
But it was clear that his daughters are closest to his heart.
After dinner, he gave a speech in which he thanked them for being 'the best thing in my life'.
And he joked: 'I've got three children, one being Sarah!'

Read more: Prince Andrew's girls just won't stop partying after celebrating father's 50th birthday | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's been in the works for a few years. Time will tell how it goes her books haven't been doing very well.

It says..One is a duchess whose home is a 30-room mansion in the grounds of royal Windsor Park

First of all, Sarah is not a Duchess anymore.
And then that is NOT HER HOME..
She is staying there as a refugee, because her home burnt and her ex took pity on her that she cant afford a roof, and let her live in his home.

I hope Sarah and her PR cronies just stop short of saying she owns Buckingham palace:bang:

It says..One is a duchess whose home is a 30-room mansion in the grounds of royal Windsor Park

First of all, Sarah is not a Duchess anymore.
And then that is NOT HER HOME..
She is staying there as a refugee, because her home burnt and her ex took pity on her that she cant afford a roof, and let her live in his home.

I hope Sarah and her PR cronies just stop short of saying she owns Buckingham palace:bang:

1. She IS Sarah Duchess of York, not an HRH
2. While she may not own her home, it IS and has been her home for decades

She is NOT a Duchess as a Duchess is the wife of a Duke - she isn't - she was but isn't now. She uses the style Duchess of York as a surname like all wives of divorced peers.

She has lived at Royal Lodge since 2008.

She is NOT a Duchess as a Duchess is the wife of a Duke - she isn't - she was but isn't now. She uses the style Duchess of York as a surname like all wives of divorced peers.

She has lived at Royal Lodge since 2008.

It was not qualified as Duchess as in wife of a Duke.

The house burnt down years ago it's kind of old to be using that as an excuse. Sarah has lived at Royal for 5 years it's hard to believe in all that time with the money she made from Oprah etc she hasn't been able to afford to rent her own house. It seems more a case she doesn't want too. Even the girls have left home so she isn't taking care of her daughters. Most people her age are able to stand on their own two feet Sarah seems either unable or unwilling too hardly someone to respect. Yes, I know Andrew mustn't have a problem with it but it is a very odd situation.

Prince Andrew have addressed this subject in an interview last year. He said that it's all up to her on is she want to stay at Royal Lodge but he said their living arrangements works for them.

Sarah is styled as Sarah, Duchess of York. Although she's not an HRH anymore, she's the only Duchess of York most people know of today.

If the living arrrangments works for them, then that's fine. I don't know why people criticize them. If they are happy with it, then that's all that matters.

Agreed. If the Yorks like the arrangement, it shouldn't concern anyone else.

Maybe Andrew feels responsible for Sarah. Or maybe he doesn't want the mother of his children to have to worry about her housing. Or maybe the family likes being together.

Their daughters are only 23 & 25 and they probably like spending time with both parents when they come home.

Last edited:
:previous: You are right. Andrew and Fergie seem to enjoy each other's company and often holiday together both with and without their kids. The annual birthday bash is a perfect example.

They obviously love each other dearly but, as to whether they are in love, who knows other than them. More importantly, it's their business not ours.

Happy Birthday to Sarah, Duchess of York!!!

Sarah Ferguson ‏@SarahTheDuchess 2h
Thank you to all my kind followers who wished me Happy Birthday. I am very touched and hope to be back on tweeting more regularly

Last edited:
The house burnt down years ago it's kind of old to be using that as an excuse. Sarah has lived at Royal for 5 years it's hard to believe in all that time with the money she made from Oprah etc she hasn't been able to afford to rent her own house. It seems more a case she doesn't want too. Even the girls have left home so she isn't taking care of her daughters. Most people her age are able to stand on their own two feet Sarah seems either unable or unwilling too hardly someone to respect. Yes, I know Andrew mustn't have a problem with it but it is a very odd situation.

Money slips through her hands like water, though. That may be the real reason Andrew doesn't insist she leaves, since I've heard her presence has caused an estrangement from Phillip and Charles.

I can well understand why there might be considerable tension within the Royal Family regarding Sarah. Although she is obviously a good mother and probably has many other strong personal qualities, she has never come across to me as someone who has good judgement or who exercises restraint. It is good to see the Yorks share a close family relationship, but I sincerely hope it continues as it is and that Sarah is " kept at arm's length" as far as the Royal Family are concerned.

I remember when they interviewed the late Lynn Redgrave at a Hollywood event several years ago and she called Fergie a "Rent-a-Royal". I think that this was shortly after she signed up with Weight Watchers. But she was really desperate for revenue at the time. I don't think that she was really raised to be expected to earn a living.

On December 13, Sarah, Duchess of York, was the keynote speaker at the British American Business Council Christmas Luncheon in Santa Monica, California, revealing to Britain's 'Closer' magazine that she has lost 30 pounds (she looks the best she has in years) and that, as usual, she will be skiing in Switzerland over Christmas while Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie will be with The Queen.

Source: Duchess Of York Sarah Ferguson Shows Off Weight Loss & Is Ready For Her Comeback! | Closer Weekly

Last edited:

Here are some more pics of Sarah at the British American Business Council Los Angeles 54th Annual Christmas Luncheon on December 13:

** gettyimages gallery **

Always good to see Sarah.

Yes, Sarah does look great!

On Twitter, several people from her flight to LA (including her flight attendant) were telling Sarah what a pleasure it had been to meet her. One person thanked her for the Christmas card. Do we have any links to the Yorks' 2013 Christmas card yet?

She does look very well. She's been out of the public eye for awhile, and I think that it's been good for her.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom