The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Courtier

Being the victim is paying off for her. Oprah wants some drama so Sarah is talking more and maybe she thought she would have gotten something more out of the BRF then she has. I think not being invited to Williams wedding really pushed her a little over the edge because it really showed the family didn't want her around. I do think she is holding back I'm sure she has plenty of stories about the BRF she could tell but if she did that then I don't think she would be allowed to set foot back in Royal Lodge and even Andrew wouldn't be able to forgive her that. Sarah isn't that stupid at least not yet!

Old 07-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Being the victim is paying off for her. Oprah wants some drama so Sarah is talking more and maybe she thought she would have gotten something more out of the BRF then she has. I think not being invited to Williams wedding really pushed her a little over the edge because it really showed the family didn't want her around. I do think she is holding back I'm sure she has plenty of stories about the BRF she could tell but if she did that then I don't think she would be allowed to set foot back in Royal Lodge and even Andrew wouldn't be able to forgive her that. Sarah isn't that stupid at least not yet!
Seriously I think that when William and Kate's engagement was announced and she knew she would not be invited to the wedding made the fact that she is no longer any way remotely a part of the BRF hit home. In fact I think if we can scan back through the archives on Sarah, we'd find posts where it was stated that she didn't even expect to be invited to the wedding.
Perhaps the "woebegone non-invited guest" is part of what was filmed again to add sensationalism to the series?

To be realistic on this point I think that should Diana had lived and it was Beatrice and Dave's wedding, Diana would not have been invited also.

Part and parcel of "finding Sarah" is that home truths hit hard and its confusing the heck out of her and she's not sorted it all out yet to this day. The TV series was role playing for her.. an act with the audience being drawn in to her "journey". It reminds me of bowling with a friend of mine years ago. First game we bowl, he loses badly (blames it on the ball.. or in Sarah's case look how bad my life is). Second game he beats everyone (Now I'm getting it!! This is great!). Third game he's teaching everyone else how to bowl (I know about this so listen to me... or in Sarah's case buy my book and learn from me).

I really don't think Sarah will ever come out and do any kind of an expose' against the BRF.
I do think she holds Andrew's family in high esteem and it would be completely outside of her nature to say unkind things about them. There are a lot of things Sarah is. Vengeful is not one of them.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I wonder if she's becoming unhinged. She's lashing out at everyone around her now.

Would you blame her considering the total criticism she has been getting in the press over the past year or so - I wouldn't be surprised if she has been somewhat suicidal at times (and I suspect some people would cheer if she did do that - sad as it seems but I get that feeling from a number of posters here as well as on other sights).
Old 07-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Would you blame her considering the total criticism she has been getting in the press over the past year or so - I wouldn't be surprised if she has been somewhat suicidal at times (and I suspect some people would cheer if she did do that - sad as it seems but I get that feeling from a number of posters here as well as on other sights).
I've thought that too but didn't really want to put it down into cold, harsh fonts. I think the first time I had the thought cross my mind was watching her in the NOTW sting on video. It was just a gut feeling.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I know that a lot of you don't like Sarah and never did. But to me, her behaviour these days is noticeably worse than in the past. Some of her recent interviews have made me cringe (and the previews from her latest memoir were just dreadful). It's like Sarah had a filter before, however rough. There were some things she just didn't say, in public, at least. She talked about her regrets, her mother leaving for Argentina, but she always spoke well of the royal family and her mother, whatever they had done to her. But after the cash-for-access scandal, it's like she lost that filter. Now, every interview is about what a victim she is, how badly wronged she was. No "but I shouldn't complain because I've had a privileged life, I can do this or that for charity, etc." It's all Sarah moaning about her troubles.

To me it seems that a lot of us did like Sarah. I was one of them. She seemed, at worst, a bit of a ditz but good natured and harmless, it's only been in the last year and change that this swing has occurred, where we look at Sarah and see a con artist and a liar.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Goodness...this thread was just cleaned up and we are talking about the same old things. Which is not Sarah's Current Events.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Could anyone enlighten me about the book which is due to be published, please?

Apart from that, rather than blackening Sarah's name any further, it would be better for us to make constructive suggestions on how she could improve her situation.

The last photos of her, with Beatrice and Eugenie, show a well-dressed, smiling woman.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post

Apart from that, rather than blackening Sarah's name any further, it would be better for us to make constructive suggestions on how she could improve her situation.

The last photos of her, with Beatrice and Eugenie, show a well-dressed, smiling woman.
For me, the aftermath of the Finding Sarah series is a good look at what someone will do for money and not take it too seriously, For someone to be told quite a few time that the answer is in the mirror, photos does it for her. Outside things define who she is.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

I wanted to read "Finding Sarah" but after looking at some of the reviews on Amazon, I think I'll pick up a copy at the library.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Aristocracy

I saw Sarah years ago when Andrew and Sarah came to Winnipeg on a State visit. There was a huge crowd and everyone loved her...she was so friendly and happy. She had it all.

To read "Finding Sarah" now, would just be too sad. I'll pass.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Nobility

If you're lucky enough to go have a Barnes and Nobles near you, just go in and read it on the weekends. They see completely uninterested in stoppng people doing that. As for the book itself, the main issue with buying it is that there can't possibly be anything new in there. Every little sordid detail is going into the show first, Oprah wouldn't have it to not have the true "scoops"
Old 07-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
I saw Sarah years ago when Andrew and Sarah came to Winnipeg on a State visit. There was a huge crowd and everyone loved her...she was so friendly and happy. She had it all.

To read "Finding Sarah" now, would just be too sad. I'll pass.
Me too. But you know, her life doesn't have to be sad forever. She has alot of good things going on: the support of her ex, two seemingly well-adjusted daughters who love her, family, and I'm sure some sincere friends. Plus her health and, hopefully, that sense of humor that was so endearing before.
So she doesn't have the BRF? So what? Does that mean she should curl up and die? I would think not. Again, if she could just get herself off the victim train and focus on more positive things, I bet she'd be a whole new person, and better for it.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
two seemingly well-adjusted daughters who love her,
It's not their job ot be a support system, it's supposed to be the other way around.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
It's not their job ot be a support system, it's supposed to be the other way around.
Daughters can't love their mothers? What? What are you talking about? I didn't say a thing about her daughters being a support system. And, btw, with grown children, it's usually okay if they offer support to a parent now and then. Reread my post please before you comment on it.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Courtier

I don't see the point in getting her new biography except to see the difference between the last one. Which I'm sure will be pointed out in the press. She is saying most of it on Oprah anyway as someone pointed out. Can't see it being a best seller! Not sure what she can do next....
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Nobility

Sarah Ferguson's 9/11 children's book rejected by publishers for being 'too offensive to publish

Went back but didn't find this posted.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Russo thinks the publishers find anything by Sarah kryptonite. Which is too bad, I had heard this book was fine and nothing at all wrong with it.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post

Goodness, Renata - there is an entire thread that's nearly a year old just brimming with positive, genuine, "constructive" suggestions. Perhaps you didn't see it?

Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal

Not only that, but Oprah just did an entire show on Sarah called "Finding Sarah" in which Sarah received all kinds of "constructive" therapy, etc.

Sarah's current events seem to be centered around promoting that series and the book associated with it, and thus is a current event, as are her efforts to publish a children's book about 9/11 which has been rejected by three publishers.

I find that far from "blackening" Sarah's name, this site has bent over backwards to offer "constructive" suggestions for Sarah. Is she capable of executing on them? Based on latest interviews in which she seems to positively wallow in a long-gone past and victimhood, it appears not. But she will continue to exhibit herself, so current events and our commenting on those current events appears to be within purview.

Your mileage, of course, may vary.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Me too. But you know, her life doesn't have to be sad forever. She has alot of good things going on: the support of her ex, two seemingly well-adjusted daughters who love her, family, and I'm sure some sincere friends. Plus her health and, hopefully, that sense of humor that was so endearing before.
So she doesn't have the BRF? So what? Does that mean she should curl up and die? I would think not. Again, if she could just get herself off the victim train and focus on more positive things, I bet she'd be a whole new person, and better for it.

Yes. But can she? Every interview I've seen excerpted thus far seems to be a continuation of the "victim" world. Which is sad, because this is a person who has chosen her new emotional zip code and intends to reside in it permanently.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Courtier

Sarah visited Annabel's, the Berkely Square [Mayfair, London] nightclub on the night of Tuesday 5 July on retirement of the club's Chief barman Mohammed Ghannam after 44 years' service.

This is one of the most expensive nightclub's in London [possible THE most expensive]. In its heyday it was regarded as London's most exclusive nightclub as it used to host many of the Royals. [The younger set prefer Bouji's etc].

I just hope Sarah was not paying................

Alex

Closed Thread