The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
If she was forced into some country retirement, more people than just Sarah would lose out...
I'm sure the charities would find another person to act as their auctioneer etc. at those galas. But I would agree with you if Sarah hadn't shown the whole world what kind of person she is when drunk and greedy. This is simply not done, especially not by people who are proud of their Royal connections.
So while she probably has a charitable soul, she herself is not able to control her temper, wishes, lifestyle etc. and thus should not seek public attention the way she does.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
So what will Sarah be doing during the Royal wedding? IIRC, Dame Barbara Cartland, also notably snubbed from a Royal wedding, threw a party to honor veterans to celebrate the occasion. I remember thinking that it was quite a graceful gesture.
A bit confused by this.....I thought the general consensus that Sarah was to remain low key. So if she is doing something it would be unpublicized.

Not quite sure what everyone wants from Sarah these days. She is criticized for eating out in well known restaurants, for participating at glossy and wealthy charity events, and for vacationing.

Now in the days before the wedding she is low key and we are wondering what she is doing?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
A bit confused by this.....I thought the general consensus that Sarah was to remain low key. So if she is doing something it would be unpublicized.

Not quite sure what everyone wants from Sarah these days. She is criticized for eating out in well known restaurants, for participating at glossy and wealthy charity events, and for vacationing.

Now in the days before the wedding she is low key and we are wondering what she is doing?
The answer may lie in the fact that there are a vast number of posters here, with differing views and ideas - hence, what may appear to be contradictory views.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Administrator

This is certainly true Muriel.

However, a low back at some of the posts ( from the pro and go away Sarah) provides some evidence that its the go away Sarah contingent who are usually wondering where she is.

But I agree very contradictory indeed.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

My feelings today and especially tomorrow are with the York family - all four of them.

It strikes me as hard-hearted that Sarah is expected to stay away, and that Andy and the girls are separated from her.

There comes a time to let bygones be bygones.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
My feelings today and especially tomorrow are with the York family - all four of them.

It strikes me as hard-hearted that Sarah is expected to stay away, and that Andy and the girls are separated from her.

By bygones, are you referring to ex-wives, or are you suggesting that former partners of relatives should be invited (eg Mark Phillips, Tony Snowdon)?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 AM

So sad that Sarah Dutches of york is not invited!!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post

IIRC Sarah in her autobiography wrote that she wanted the divorce because she couldn't stand the life that she had to lead as Andrews wife. Or something to that effect. So it was her choice not longer to share Andrew's life and the invitations that come with it. No need to cry for her as that's what she wanted.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Administrator

We don't need to rehash Sarah's divorce from Andrew.

Let's stay on topic with her current events.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen princess View Post
So sad that Sarah Dutches of york is not invited!!
Why do you feel so?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I was thinking about this this morning and I think it is sad that she won't be in the Abbey to see William get married because William was one of her page boys when she married in that same venue.

Not because she was at one time a great friend of his mother's, who even played matchmaker between Sarah and Andrew, but because he was part of her wedding party.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I was thinking about this this morning and I think it is sad that she won't be in the Abbey to see William get married because William was one of her page boys when she married in that same venue.

Not because she was at one time a great friend of his mother's, who even played matchmaker between Sarah and Andrew, but because he was part of her wedding party.
William was four years old when he was a member of her wedding party. Have they had any type of a relationship since then? If so, then yes, it's too bad she won't be there.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:

IIRC, Dame Barbara Cartland's gesture was low-key and gracious, and went unnoticed for quite some time. I thought it would be something to emulate - you know, making lemons out of lemonade, as it were. But perhaps that's not Sarah's style. I'm sure you're right.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

i am still hoping sarah shows up. We will know in 12 hours or so...getting excited.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This is certainly true Muriel.

However, a low back at some of the posts ( from the pro and go away Sarah) provides some evidence that its the go away Sarah contingent who are usually wondering where she is.

But I agree very contradictory indeed.
Naw, I'm cool with her being low-key and not around.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
William was four years old when he was a member of her wedding party. Have they had any type of a relationship since then? If so, then yes, it's too bad she won't be there.

He allegedly hasn't had much of a relationship with her since shortly before his mother died but he certainly holidayed with her and the Yorks a number of times between their marriage and the ending of Sarah's marriage, even after Sarah's divorce so until he was about 13 or so she was very much part of his extended family.

I just think it would have been a nice gesture to allow her a seat in the abbey for the event for the reason stated above and not because of any other relationship type thing but simply because he had had a role at her wedding - a sort of 'thanks' for letting me be one of your page boys. Put it another way - do you think he will be invited to the weddings of the young people taking part later today? I am sure that he will - because they were part of his wedding day.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

There are only so many seats in the Abbey. And it doesn't matter who was invited, because there will always be people saying "well, they should have invited this person or that person". In the end, it is William and Catherine's wedding and they invited who they wanted. If William had wanted Sarah there, he would have invited her.

I would imagine that the guest list was very well thought out and gone over with a fine-tooth comb. There will be no over-sights. If Sarah wasn't invited, they had their reasons and at best, all we will ever know is part of the story.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Courtier

Yes, we are continually told that William and Catherine had an enormously hands-on role in compiling the guest list - more so than Charles and Diana did , ditto Andrew and Sarah.

This is my own personal feeling, although it does contain some educated guess-work on my part, but I honestly think that if Sarah had not been involved in her two latest controversies, then this wedding might have seen her receive an invitation, at least to the ceremony, although probably not to the reception[s]. However, I think the 'cash for access to Andrew' and the recent 'paedeophile helps to clear her debts' story and her own erroneous claim to have recieved no divorce settlement [which we now know is not true - see Divorce Settlement Thread] scuppered her chance of securing a wedding invitation. Supporters and fans of Sarah always point to her her good qualities including her generous heart and her charity work; these are important points in her favour, but her various recent lapses and her inability to 'stay out of trouble' despite her various promises to do so, do make it hard for her to be re-integrated into Royal Society at this time in my very humble opinion.

Alex
Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I just think it would have been a nice gesture to allow her a seat in the abbey for the event for the reason stated above and not because of any other relationship type thing but simply because he had had a role at her wedding - a sort of 'thanks' for letting me be one of your page boys.
Your argument makes no sense. William should invite Sarah Ferguson to the biggest wedding in history because he was a page boy at her wedding? Did it occur to you that William being a page boy was do to his uncle Andrew giving him the role? They've no relationship as far as we know on top of her being poisonous from a PR standpoint.

Quote:
Put it another way - do you think he will be invited to the weddings of the young people taking part later today? I am sure that he will - because they were part of his wedding day.
No, he'd be invited if, and only if, he has a real relationship with them not because they took part in his wedding, having been part of it means nothing more than a great story for them to tell later in life.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He allegedly hasn't had much of a relationship with her since shortly before his mother died but he certainly holidayed with her and the Yorks a number of times between their marriage and the ending of Sarah's marriage, even after Sarah's divorce so until he was about 13 or so she was very much part of his extended family.

I just think it would have been a nice gesture to allow her a seat in the abbey for the event for the reason stated above and not because of any other relationship type thing but simply because he had had a role at her wedding - a sort of 'thanks' for letting me be one of your page boys. Put it another way - do you think he will be invited to the weddings of the young people taking part later today? I am sure that he will - because they were part of his wedding day.
I think William stands a good chance of being invited to the weddings of the young people taking part today in his own wedding. But I doubt very much that William will ever do anything to tarnish the image of the BRF as Sarah has

Closed Thread