Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I like that line "don't ask mummy for money" ;)

:previous:Copy that! Even though it's charity, couldn't Sarah go to another event that didn't involve an auction and money flowing? As far as I know, she hasn't changed her spend thrift ways.

:previous:Copy that! Even though it's charity, couldn't Sarah go to another event that didn't involve an auction and money flowing? As far as I know, she hasn't changed her spend thrift ways.

Eh, i don't see an issue with it since she wasn't involved in the bidding. It's not exactly the alcoholic hanging out in a bar.

The joke straddled the line a bit. I mean, the guy wasn't a comedian so, while funny, it was still a bit harsh considering the situation. That's the kind of comment that gets you blacklisted from future events.

Wow! Almost a full month and not a word on Sarah and what's she's been up to.

My guess is--and this is just a guess--that in exchange for allowing her to stay at Royal Lodge and for paying off some of her debts, that Prince Andrew has obligated Sarah to keep a low profile. I think that, with the exception of the series on Oprah's network and a few appearances here and there, we won't be seeing much of her in the future. I think her appeal/credibility has been pretty much ruined by this latest scandal.

:previous:Copy that. I think this is a good thing, IMO. Gives Sarah time to get her act together.

My guess is--and this is just a guess--that in exchange for allowing her to stay at Royal Lodge and for paying off some of her debts, that Prince Andrew has obligated Sarah to keep a low profile. I think that, with the exception of the series on Oprah's network and a few appearances here and there, we won't be seeing much of her in the future. I think her appeal/credibility has been pretty much ruined by this latest scandal.

I can certainly see why that has crossed your mind. It mightn't be a case of Prince Andrew laying down the law or issuing ultimatums, but more a case of giving Sarah good advice, and making her see that to turn a corner she has to take a step back and take a long hard look at herself and what kind of future she wants. I'm sure he genuinely wants what's best for her and maybe she's listening to him.
I also think that Oprah's people will be billing the show along the lines of "Sarah fights back or What Sarah did next?", so I think Andrew mightn't be the only one encouraging her to keep her head down for a few months..

P.S Having said all that I don't think the Daily Mail will let her off the hook that easy.

I certainly hope that you're correct, Irish Eyes, and that Sarah will listen to good advice.:flowers:

I a case of giving Sarah good advice, and making her see that to turn a corner she has to take a step back and take a long hard look at herself and what kind of future she wants.

It's probably time that she writes another book, maybe? :lol:

Sarah is back in London!

Here are some pics of her out and about in London last night, October 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Sarah's birthday is tomorrow, so maybe someone took her out to celebrate?

I certainly hope that you're correct, Irish Eyes, and that Sarah will listen to good advice.:flowers:
Russo tends to look at Sarah's track record which isn't so good so though we hope for the best, we always prepare for the worst.

I think she looks quite good. The second is unflattering, but the other two are great!

I think Sarah's face looks odd, like she's had some fillers injected into it, yet it still shows obvious signs of aging. But I'm amazed that she still has red hair without a sign of grey. Maybe she colours it? but I've never seen any hint of grey at the roots. Most people over 50 are partly, if not completely grey.

My uncle is 60 and a redhead, his colour isn't so vivid anymore, but not grey :)

My uncle is 60 and a redhead, his colour isn't so vivid anymore, but not grey :)

Same with my hubby. He's over 60 and the red has faded to a auburn but not one sign of a gray hair. Now his beard is another matter. :)

Most of my friends are in the 50 - 60 bracket and none of us are completely grey. We have the odd grey hair sure, but in most cases you have to go looking for it. Now those over 60 are getting greyer but I know very few fully grey younger than 70.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's interesting. My mom often tells me that she was colouring her hair by the time she was 30 because she had found grey hairs. On the other hand, when I think about it, my dad wasn't grey at 50, although he's 65 now and fairly grey. Maybe my mom has biased me into thinking that most women who don't have grey hair at 50 must be colouring their hair!

I also have a theory that redheads don't go grey as quickly.

I tend to agree. I wonder whether she's ever considered how her daughter's reputations have been affected by her adventures?:ermm:

Russo tends to look at Sarah's track record which isn't so good so though we hope for the best, we always prepare for the worst.

I think Sarah's face looks odd, like she's had some fillers injected into it, yet it still shows obvious signs of aging. But I'm amazed that she still has red hair without a sign of grey. Maybe she colours it? but I've never seen any hint of grey at the roots. Most people over 50 are partly, if not completely grey.
Being over 50 does not mean grey hair. My family tend to keep their haircolor way into 70's and even 80's and we are certainly not unusual.

Being over 50 does not mean grey hair. My family tend to keep their haircolor way into 70's and even 80's and we are certainly not unusual.
My Norwegian grandmother did not go grey until well into her 60's. Her hair was snow white. Russo's ex husband went grey at 20 and her youngest son started going grey at 18.
Russo, has seen several of those pesky greys showing themselves a little more frequently now that she's approaching her mid 40's and plucks the little devils out, however they return. With friends. So Mr. Russo get's L'Oreal once a quarter and does Russo's hair because she's worth it. *hair toss*
Russo suspects Sarah does as well.

Good for you Russophile.:) I think Sarah does not colour her hair.

Sarah, Duchess of York, pictured leaving Harry's bar after a night out with
several friends, London, October 25, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

She looks weary... and she has aged.
She has aged. i'm sure the stress has a lot to do with it. Nice legs, however.
Russo is curious as to who paid the bill at Harry's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom