Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@lumutqueen she is brave!!! Think about it.:) I think she is in spain, does not matter. She could have had much fun with the girls in south africa!!

Why is she brave, please give me a reason?
And when were the girls in SA?

Info from the article.

The Duchess of York ordered 13 staff to hunt for a missing painting so she could include it in a fire sale of personal belongings designed to clear her mountain of debts.

Employees frantically searched for it among hundreds of her items housed in two huge storage facilities near Royal Lodge in Windsor, the home she shares with Prince Andrew.

Other items said to have been considered for the fire sale include ­cutlery, make-up kits, candlesticks and a £17,000 Mini Cooper S. She is also said to have sought a valuation on a £130,000 Bentley that had been lent to her

:previous:
From the Mail link:
She is also said to have sought a valuation on a £130,000 Bentley that had been lent to her
The above statement appeared in the opening paragraphs. Further into the article it was explained:
One source said 'the Duchess's office did seek a valuation and I think that was with a view to selling the car.'
But other employees insist the valuation was just for insurance purposes with no intention to sell.
Take your pick as to which has greater credibility: "one source" who "thinks" or "other employees" who "insist".

if the vehicle was a loaner then why would the value be of any concern to her. it's an asset of her's to sell.

if the vehicle was a loaner then why would the value be of any concern to her. it's an asset of her's to sell.

As it's a loaned it's not an assets to sell. Unless her pal has given it to her and then she has to take the tax ramifications.

According to daily mail website Sarah Fergusson is having her eight jaunt- this time in the same hotel that hosts Naomi Campbell- not bad for a someone who is facing bankruptcy...

According to daily mail website Sarah Fergusson is having her eight jaunt- this time in the same hotel that hosts Naomi Campbell- not bad for a someone who is facing bankruptcy...

Said article

Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson on her eighth foreign break of the year | Mail Online

Sipping a cocktail and surrounded by celebrities on a luxury Mediterranean holiday, this is the 'penniless' Duchess of York 'doing everything she can' to stave off bankruptcy.

Sarah Ferguson may well feel she needs a break after running up £5million of debt and heaping shame on the Royal Family, but critics last night condemned the 50-year-old for taking her eighth foreign jaunt of the summer.

She was partying with supermodel Naomi Campbell at 75th birthday for the billionaire hotel magnate Sir Sol Kerzner.

Let's be honest. She'll never learn. Andrew will never let her fall.

I know this is going to shock everyone, however! (Oh well you all know how Russo LOVES the dramatic! :D) Russo is going to venture the idea that Fergie is on a mission and trolling for contacts, etc. here.
Everybody knows that Quincy Jones, (or "Q") is a mover and shaker in the music and buisness world. Naomi Campbell's boyfriend is obviously a mover and shaker as well. I would venture that Sarah, being Sarah has thrown all her problems out there over Bellini's and asked for advice. I'm sure one of those billionaires (after more than a few cocktails) would venture advice, not to mention a helping hand.

Actually Russo....that theory doesn't seem unreasonable once you think about it. After a glass of merlot ;) Its not what you know but who you know!

Actually Russo....that theory doesn't seem unreasonable once you think about it. After a glass of merlot ;) Its not what you know but who you know!
Or two. . . :D Indeed! If you want to be rich, you hang out with the rich people. Ideas, business ventures just sort of happen.
My ex FIL did that once. He and a friend just sort of happened to be having a glass of wine together, my FIL is well off, the friend was not. They put their heads together, came up with a business venture, it was successful, and voila! My ex FIL Financed the next subsequent trips to Italy. . . .

Actually, that's not a bad guess, Russo, however, she may be looking for contacts or backers, it still wasn't a great idea to be seen partying again. Contacts can be made behind the scenes. Perhaps Sarah was inquiring as if Naomi had any spare diamonds she could pawn for Sarah? :whistling:
Sorry, couldn't help myself.;)

Actually, that's not a bad guess, Russo, however, she may be looking for contacts or backers, it still wasn't a great idea to be seen partying again. Contacts can be made behind the scenes. Perhaps Sarah was inquiring as if Naomi had any spare diamonds she could pawn for Sarah? :whistling:
Sorry, couldn't help myself.;)

Not only being seen at these A list events.. but how is she affording to get there?

My guess is that the the millions she owes for the near bankrupt corporation/business she holds is legally separate from Sarah's private income and funds. She also knows that if she is to survive in any way she needs contacts and someone to make her a lucrative offer such as Oprah has.

She's between a rock and a very hard place right now. Some can see her as being jet setting all over to the right parties.. some will see her as reaching out for advice in all the right places.

Its an old adage "it takes money to make money" and I think in Sarah's case, this is what its going to take. Her chances are slim but there's got to be something out there somewhere. I saw the post about Sarah's mother's estate but I really can't see Sarah turning those folks out of the home they've known because she needs one.. she's got too soft of a heart to even contemplate that idea. It would work I'm sure but its just not her to do it.

She's definitely fishing.. and perhaps she's fishing in the right ponds.

How she can afford to go on her holidays(vacation) 8th times.. I wonder someone pay for her???

How she can afford to go on her holidays(vacation) 8th times.. I wonder someone pay for her???

It's been reported many times that she gets these holidays for free.

Not only being seen at these A list events.. but how is she affording to get there?

My guess is that the the millions she owes for the near bankrupt corporation/business she holds is legally separate from Sarah's private income and funds. She also knows that if she is to survive in any way she needs contacts and someone to make her a lucrative offer such as Oprah has.
...She's definitely fishing.. and perhaps she's fishing in the right ponds.

I also think that is what Sarah is doing. I wouldn't be surprised if her rich friends are funding her appearance at the "A-list" events as well as her holidays. Sarah seems to be very good at meeting a lot of people in the "right" circles, circles that Andrew also seems to hang around in, interestingly enough. I don't know, though, whether those are the right ponds to be "fishing in". I'm sure Sarah thinks liaising with the rich and famous is her best bet right now.

:previous:Well those of us poor and unknown cannot do anything for her. . .

I think that spending some time with ordinary people doing ordinary things might be good for her. But where would she meet normal, nice people when she's always spending time with celebs?

I'm sure Sarah thinks liaising with the rich and famous is her best bet right now.

That, Mermaid, is one interesting question... Hasn't Sarah tried that before??

I don't know...perhaps before her marriage. There were her school years and her working years. But since then? She's done work with Weight Watchers and come up with various projects; but has she had actual relationships with people who aren't titled or wealthy since she married into the RF? I don't know.

That, Mermaid, is one interesting question... Hasn't Sarah tried that before??

I don't know...perhaps before her marriage. There were her school years and her working years. But since then? She's done work with Weight Watchers and come up with various projects; but has she had actual relationships with people who aren't titled or wealthy since she married into the RF? I don't know.

It's well known here that she is close friends with two families in Cork, one I think she met through her charity work with the Daisy Chain foundation and the other when she took part in some small showjumping competition.
She also has good friends in Powerscourt in Wicklow, either her grandmother or great grandmother is buried there.
None of them ever speak to the press about their friendship with her, and when she visits the media usually only report it after she has left.

They aren't millionaires but they give her a bit of solitude and privacy when she needs it.

She's doing exactly what she's been doing for awhile, allowing others to take care of her. It does make sense that she's keeping her ears pricked for an opportunity to bounce back but this trip ain't on her dime. She enjoyed these freebies before the financial situation go as dire as it has, why would she stop now?

My guess is that the the millions she owes for the near bankrupt corporation/business she holds is legally separate from Sarah's private income and funds.

I doubt that's the case. She owes certain money personally and those companies are in her name. Yes they can be separate entities for tax purposes but she still has to announce her assets at tax time.

From what I recall if her businesses were set up as LLC or corporations she can relieve herself of personal liabliity. Said companies could also file for bankruptcy protection as well. Not sure if that is the case in the UK.

From what I recall if her businesses were set up as LLC or corporations she can relieve herself of personal liabliity. Said companies could also file for bankruptcy protection as well. Not sure if that is the case in the UK.

If that is the case then she's safe there but she still has personal debts and if she slips the debt on her companies through bankruptcy it's only going to bring more heat on her for not being accountable.

LLC stands for limited liability so again I am not sure how if Sarah's companies were established in this manner or if this applicable in the UK.

But if that is the case and she had some debts of a business nature as long as she can legally prove them to be a part of her business she might be absolved of any PERSONAL responsiblity. Now as an officer of a company she does have a legal responsiblity but if I recall correctly, say she owes 8K in her LLC then the companies can't sue her personally for the money but they can sue the company. Unless she declares bankruptcy of course.

I believe that is the way it is. If someone has their own company I am sure they would be happy to correct me or fill in any missing holes.

I think we have a misunderstanding. I'm making the point that she might be safe from the business debts, if your example works in the UK, but not personal debts, like the 6,500 pounds she owes to the Queen's mail service for stamps.

Silver_bic, my posts were in response to this post. I have bolded your statement. If I misunderstood your statement, thats fine.

She's doing exactly what she's been doing for awhile, allowing others to take care of her. It does make sense that she's keeping her ears pricked for an opportunity to bounce back but this trip ain't on her dime. She enjoyed these freebies before the financial situation go as dire as it has, why would she stop now?

I doubt that's the case. She owes certain money personally and those companies are in her name. Yes they can be separate entities for tax purposes but she still has to announce her assets at tax time.

She certainly would be liable for her debt with the Royal Mail but anything else operated under her business she might not be liable for. I can't imagine she would mail her business mail thru the Royal Mail. But anything is possible with Sarah at this point.

As I mentioned, depending on how the companies were set up, for example it can be Sarah Ferguson LLC, she might have limited personal liablity. She can be an officer at such a company but again she might not have any personal liability. Does anyone know if her companies were set up in the UK or the US with offices operating in the other country?

Got what you mean.

Hartmoor was a US company. Not sure about the rest.

I think we have a misunderstanding. I'm making the point that she might be safe from the business debts, if your example works in the UK, but not personal debts, like the 6,500 pounds she owes to the Queen's mail service for stamps.

Duchess of York doing 'everything she can' to avoid bankruptcy - Telegraph

Her most recent statement is that all her personal debts have been paid, and that her business debts are being managed (and some disputed).

Anything I've ever read suggest the vast majority (if not all) her business interests have been in the US.

My understanding is that Sarah's debts in the UK have all been paid (Andrew) and it's the US debts that are still in dispute. She certainly has left herself in a gigantic mess. Her credibility and reputation as someone who doesn't pay her bills is known now and would anyone in their right mind back her in a business venture?
What's tragic is, in this past three months, Sarah could have concentrated her efforts on Children In Crisis. She could have really put the spotlight on the plight of children in various parts of the world such child soldiers in Africa for instance. Sure, there wouldn't be an income for her, but she could have been really trying to highlight the sad situations children are put in as was her goal when she started this charity. Unfortunately, Sarah has been too busy whining about her terrible life while partying with less than honorable wealth celebs as they can provide her with a free ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom