Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2009 York Christmas card

I don't think there has been any York Christmas cards in the last couple of years that have appeared online. Here's a pic from The Daily Mail online and again it seems a lovely, natural pose. The girls certainly have beautiful smiles!

You might need to scroll down a bit, there's an article before this one under the title "Poison Alyce is no longer Mrs Cleese". I thought I'd post the link here because Sarah took the photo and wasn't sure whether to put it in the Beatrice or Eugenie thread!

A Windsor wonderland

Poison Alyce is no longer Mrs Cleese | Mail Online

I love the picture! After so seeing so many pictures of Beatrice and Eugenie in formal clothes, at galas, etc., this one is a nice change--they look like two regular girls having fun in the snow. That snowman is kind of cute. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is HM aware of this new and very cold addition to the BRF?? :whistling::D

The new royal must be wearing joke head apparel. I can't imagine one of the Windsors buying or creating it for himself (herself).

How sweet, the girls look wonderful. :)

I liked the comment at the end about them working by manning the phones for the fundraiser - far more a story I would have thought.

As her daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie, open their presents today - in line with Royal Family tradition - the Duchess of York will be far away in the ice-bound Arctic, where she is spending Christmas with a frozen-foods magnate.

Fergie, I can reveal, has flown to Norway to spend the festive season with handsome Findus multi-millionaire Geir Frantzen, 42, at his luxury home in the remote Vesteralen island region - and the Duchess is said to be 'giddy' with excitement about the trip.

She has visited the retreat on several occasions over the past 18 months, but has always insisted the two are just good friends.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1238108/Fergies-Christmas-trip-man-ex.html#ixzz0aZo9BbNd

Merry Christmas Sarah! I hope she has a festive time considering the set up with the girls has been in place for several years now. I'll bet they'll have a great time with their mum in South Africa ringing in the New Year.
Nice to see Sarah doing something different for a couple of days with friends. I honestly think that's all she and Geir are considering her comments about being single and not having had a boyfriend in a long time.

And his ex-wife, should be one fun christmas. :flowers:
Its a shame a mother has to be away from her children for christmas but thats the way it is.

Seems as if Fergie has found a way to keep nice and "snug" for Christmas....: )

And his ex-wife, should be one fun christmas. :flowers:
Its a shame a mother has to be away from her children for christmas but thats the way it is.

For many years she would stay in another house on the Sandringham estate and I don't recall ever seeing any report that she was stopped from doing so so I assume that this is her call and not the royal family's. It is like Diana insisting on having Christmas alone at Kensington while the boys were at Sandringham totally ignoring the fact that she had been invited to stay as well but chose to be a martyr and make out that she was being denied her children at Christmas when it was her decision to stay away from them. Sarah was always there when they were little and the Queen would also go over after Christmas lunch to spend some time with her.

It isn't 'a shame a mother has to be away from her children for Christmas' at all but a personal decision by that mother that fits in with the ages of the children and the relationship that they have with their father's family and their mother.

Anyway, its good that Sarah has found someone and is spending Christmas with this frozen foods tycoon.

Sarah gave an interview on the American program "Innerviews" recently. This is a short clip of it--she talks about her love for Andrew. YouTube - The Duchess of York on InnerVIEWS with Ernie Manouse

Here's the longer clip if anyone wants to watch the whole thing. She talks about the Young Victoria and her own life. Near the end she says she's planning to ride a mustang across America to help save the wild mustangs--I think the interviewer couldn't quite believe what he was hearing! YouTube - The Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson on InnerVIEWS with Ernie Manouse

Wow! Well, now we all know how Sarah feels about Andrew. I suspect he probably feels the same way about her.

Well, Sarah always has been quite a talkative person, hasn't she? ;) Anyway, to say "he's the greatest gentleman that I know" is something really beautiful when you're divorced, IMO.
Whatever they still share, it is nice for the girls that they have such a "friendship".

rmay286 Thank you for posting Sarah's interview. I admit I have never been a great fan of Sarah's. Apart from where she goes on at great length about her love for Andrew, she is quite genuine and down to earth.

I don't mean this in a catty way, honestly. Does anyone else think that she might be heavily Botoxed? Where's her facial expression? It's like she can hardly smile.

Many women of her age use botox and fillers to look younger. From my personal experience, I will say that, done by a good doctor, botox takes 10 years off the face!

I don't mean this in a catty way, honestly. Does anyone else think that she might be heavily Botoxed? Where's her facial expression? It's like she can hardly smile.

Yes, something has happened to her face, I realized the "stiff upper lip" as well. But usually Botox looks different to me. :confused: I think she doesn't use the best doctor if it indeed is Botox...

Sarah's usually so expressive, and she seems so different here. I find that people who've had Botox sometimes have that no-facial-muscles look around the forehead, but with Sarah it seems more extreme.

It was quite interesting to hear about her relationship with Andrew.

Yes, something has happened to her face, I realized the "stiff upper lip" as well. But usually Botox looks different to me. :confused: I think she doesn't use the best doctor if it indeed is Botox...

I thought Sarah's face looked different too, but I couldn't pinpoint what it was. I thought maybe she was wearing more makeup than usual, plus I think Sarah's face has changed in the last couple of years due to aging.

As for being less expressive, part of that seemed to be her approach to this interview. She seemed calmer than usual to me.

Part of me thinks that Sarah went on at such length about her feelings for Andrew for the benefit of people in the palace who don't want her with him. Kind of like her way of saying, "You can keep me out of the palace, but you can't keep me away from him." Especially since I recently saw her on the Today Show where she said it "wasn't too late" (to get back together with Andrew) but she didn't think "they want the redhead back in the palace."

As long as Prince Philip is alive, Sarah won't be marrying Andrew even if they both want to. Philip wouldn't stand for it.

I think Sarah just ate to much the day before or the same day, that is why her face looks so blown up (i speak from experience, ha ha). Because there are pics from her after the interview in which her face looks like usual.

Sarah's Half sister Alice, b. 1980 is Getting Married to Nicholas Stileman, the engagement was announced today in the Times.

I saw that in the paper also! This article from the UK Telegraph has a few quotes from Alice herself. I wonder if it will be a church wedding? perhaps at the village church in Dummer? Who knows! It's sad her father isn't here to give her away, perhaps her brother Andrew (not the Prince) might do it. BTW that photo isn't recent- it was taken when she was in her late teens.

Duchess of York's sister Alice is one Ferguson wooed by banker
Duchess of York's sister Alice is one Ferguson wooed by banker - Telegraph

As long as Prince Philip is alive, Sarah won't be marrying Andrew even if they both want to. Philip wouldn't stand for it.
Well, standards have been changed from what they were in the 'old days'. If the POW is allowed to marry a woman with as much baggage as Camilla then why shouldn't Andrew and Sarah reconsile seriously?

One reason is that they don't appear to actually want to do so.
Philip is supposed to be the reason but is that really the case or more the fact that Sarah and Andrew enjoy being a couple without the additional stuff that goes along with being royal whereas Camilla has embraced that to be with the man she loves Sarah prefers to do her own thing rather than live in the gold fish bowl again.
She has the best of both worlds - a man who loves her and her children without the additional responsibilities that being a royal wife has.

In Sarah's case, if the story is true, the Prince was especially outraged at Sarah's behaviour with the infamous topless pictures with her boyfriend. The Prince felt she humiliated the entire Royal Family especially his son Andrew which is a normal parent's reaction. We know that the Prince is not shy about his feelings and expressing them. There was a story circulating a couple of years ago that when Sarah was invited to Sandringham for Christmas, she wore out her welcome by "giving unwanted advice to the Queen and Prince Philip." Don't know if it is true.
The Queen and Philip weren't happy about Camilla either, but Charles was firm that she was to be by his side and be his wife. They were not faithful to either's mate, but as far as I know there were never any pictures of them during their long affair and certainly not to the extent of Sarah's. I'm only going to say she used poor judgement as all of us have at some point in our lives.:)

I think if Andrew went to his family and said she's non negotiable as CHarles did, they could remarry. But I dont think she wants the white hot glare of the spotlight. Though once William and Harry marry, the focus will be well off Sarah and Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom