The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attends her book signing for 'Tea for Ruby' at Easons Dublin, Ireland - 29 11 08.
Wenn
Wenn
Wenn
Gallery Wenn

Old 11-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Thank you for the pictures. Very nicely illustrated cover. Someone need to inform her publisher that she is not THE Duchess of York, just Duchess of York.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

What I blame Sarah for is her influence on Diana, who was a young girl just starting out her married life and could be influenced in one way or another by anyone. I keep remembering the scenes of the two of them giggling away doing something silly that I am sure that Diana would never have done if she hadnīt been egged on by Sarah.
A particularly horrible memory is when the two of them were poking a poor young man accompanying the Queen, in the behind, out of sight of the Queen of course, but they didnīt for one moment think what an embarassment this was for the young man in question. This kind of horseplay was fun for Sarah and she managed to get Diana to join in and over all I think she was a very bad influence.
How could she earn a living without using her royal connections? That is an easy one, she couldnīt.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Majesty

I like the first picture best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York attends her book signing for 'Tea for Ruby' at Easons Dublin, Ireland - 29 11 08.
Wenn
Wenn
Wenn
Gallery Wenn
Old 11-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Majesty

Yes, I think that Sarah did have a definite influence on Diana. It was only after the advent of "Fergie" that Diana started to break out of the Princess mold that she was filling quite well. Then Sarah introduced her to the fortune tellers and so on.

In Sarah's defense, though, she was earning a living before Prince Andrew came along; she took a secretarial course, which is how many women started out in the business world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
>How could she earn a living without using her royal connections? That is an easy one, she couldnīt.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

None of this has to do with the current topic, so let's get back to that please.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks, giov, for the links. I didn't know she was still penning children's books. Is this a new book?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:52 AM
Gentry

Anyone know, does she write all her books, for children or otherwise, by herself, or does she have help? Also, anyone know how well her latest book is selling? Interesting that this is another example of Sarah exploiting her what by now are rather tenuous connections to the RF--Ruby is going to have tea with the Queen.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Here are some more pics of the book signing in Ireland on Saturday
- Sarah knows how to make the funniest faces

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Ice. She did not look bad, except for picture #2, if you forgive those ballerina flats again.
I may have lost track but whatever hapenned to Budgy the helicopter?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Commoner

I had the pleasure of meeting Sarah in dublin on saturday! She looked great, spoke at length to the hundreds of people who queued to have their copies of her book signed.I have met her quite a few times and i brought pics i had taken of her in 1991 and others of me and her in 2004 when she was in dublin signing copies of a previous book. She thought she looked much slimmer in the 1991 photo..i didnt think so. It was the time she had her hair cut quite short, which wasnt that nice, in my opinion! But all that aside it was great to see her again and she did say that she plans to do more work on this side of the Atlantic, particularly tv work, so we will wait and see!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Majesty

I think that she'd be a very interesting lady to meet, because she's so enthusiastic about things. Very passionate.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Administrator

Pics 1.12.2008

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York attends The Special Dinner
in support of The Warrior Programme, at Obika on December 1,
2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Ice. I think Sarah looks good like this. I especially think this hair style works for her. Those quirky faces remind me of Sarah in her early years as a royal bride.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Thanks, Ice. I think Sarah looks good like this. I especially think this hair style works for her. Those quirky faces remind me of Sarah in her early years as a royal bride.
Unusally, Sarah is looking very nice. Amazing what a new hairstyle and simple and stylish age appropriate clothes (read as: no cleavage!) can achieve
Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

i don't think there's anything wrong with sarah making reference to the RF when she's interviewed. it's not like she goes on adnauseum about them and as someone said she speaks about them with respect. it's funny, when people speak about catherine (and i don't to get this thread off track) one of the biggest pet peeves is that she apparently doesn't do any charity work. now here's someone, with connections to the RF that DOES do charity work and they're still being ridiculed. another good point was made that life is all about connections...i don't think a single one of us can honestly say they've never mentioned a connection, either to get a job, a favor or just in passing.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not ad nauseum but at every opportunity she gets to mention them, she has to or no one would know who she was.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely correct as usual, Menarue. But beware. You are treading on thin ice here. :-)
Muriel, I have to agree with you totally! My only criticism is the ballerina flats. Totally inappropiate for someone her age with the sophisticated outfit she is wearing.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Pics 4.12.2008

Sarah leaving a party of Diana Jenkins, November 4/5, 2008

Socialite Diana Jenkins threw a big celebrity party at her multi-million
pound house in Mayfair. The party was littered with A list celebrities
from both sides of the Atlantic who partied until the early hours of
the morning.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here's an article including more pics:

What credit crunch? Banker throws Ģ10,000-a-head party for George Clooney and friends to raise Ģ10m for Africa
Old 12-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Gentry

I've noticed recently whenever I've seen Sarah mentioned in the media either here in the US or in the UK, she is referred to as Sarah Ferguson; no mention of her Duchess of York title.

Closed Thread

Tags
fergie, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson