Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 13: October 2008-February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows?? But her description of what her requirerments are certainly seem to be a carbon copy of Andrew...

And potentially millions of other men.

Well, she claims her heart is open and welcomes all comers but No matrimony. It will be interesting , to say the least.

Yes, "needy", my thought exactly. It's like she's taken out a personal ad in front of the whole world!:eek:

IMO she always comes across as needy, and that's why she makes such bad choices with men. Maybe it's time to concentrate on making a decent life for herself without needing the boyfriend.

How many eligible men will come forward?

:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: Oh dear. Just when I had begun to feel comfortable with Sarah becoming The Great Humanitarian, she goes and tells an interviewer that she would love to have a boyfriend. What a role model for her children, coming across needy and so desperate that she resorts to discussing her love life with a journalist. What does she think is going to happen? That good looking, humorous men are going to start coming out of the woodwork with knock-knock jokes and whoopie cushions? I went from being rather proud of her to now being embarassed for her. Not a good continuum, I have to admit.:eek:

Especially when her girls do Not want her to change the way things are! 'We Love the way things are, Mummy.' Sarah never fails to surprise/confuse us!

:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: Oh dear. Just when I had begun to feel comfortable with Sarah becoming The Great Humanitarian, she goes and tells an interviewer that she would love to have a boyfriend. What a role model for her children, coming across needy and so desperate that she resorts to discussing her love life with a journalist. What does she think is going to happen? That good looking, humorous men are going to start coming out of the woodwork with knock-knock jokes and whoopie cushions? I went from being rather proud of her to now being embarassed for her. Not a good continuum, I have to admit.:eek:

I wouldn't say mentioning to a journalist that she wants a bf has Sarah coming across as needy and desperate. She's voicing what millions of single women say/feel every day. I think it makes her seem more human. She's always been an open book with the media and while it hasn't always worked well for her it's who she is. She's not a reserved person - tho maybe it would be better for her if she were - so this sort of comment is not surprising at all. Would I have said something personal like this if I were in her shoes, probably not. But I'm very reserved by nature. I don't think she's advertising for a bf to "come out of the woodwork." I would hope not. I think she's in an odd position and I think she's probably lonely and I think she just says what she's really thinking/feeling - but that's her.

I don´t believe she meant it for a second, it was another way to get attention. I can´t imagine her giving up the title of Duchess easily, it is always something to turn back to when money seems to run through one´s fingers....

I don´t believe she meant it for a second, it was another way to get attention. I can´t imagine her giving up the title of Duchess easily, it is always something to turn back to when money seems to run through one´s fingers....

But she's only looking for a boyfriend not marriage. It's a very convoluted statement "IF my heart was open" begs the question "Is it or isn't it open". IMHO I don't think she really knows what she wants. :rolleyes:

You are most probably right there. I think she rather misses being The Duchess of York but the real truth is as you said, she really doesn´t know exactly what she wants.

I truly believes that she wants to be loved and cherished by someone....she is lonely. Rather sad, imo.

I think she liked the perks of being The Duchess of York but didn't like the disadvantages, including, I think ultimately, being married to Prince Andrew. I think since they separated and divorced she's tried to hold on to the perks of being D of Y, but at the same time trying to build a life on her own terms, with mixed success. She's done some good charity work, and has made some money with her commercial ventures, notably as Weight Watchers spokesperson. She's also overall been a good mother. I don't think she has the relationship/boyfriend thing figured out, I think many of her commercial ventures, at least here in the US, have either come to an end or not worked out, and she's trying to figure out what she's going to do with the rest of her life. I think, too, as more time goes on and William and Harry marry,and as her own 2 girls continue to grow up, it will be even harder for her to try to hold on to her rather tenuous association with the RF, and gain advantges from it.

Who knows?? But her description of what her requirerments are certainly seem to be a carbon copy of Andrew...

Ha, I noticed that too! Especially with the good-looking part...in every interview I've read or heard with her lately, she always says, "When I married Andrew, I married the best-looking prince of them all." :lol:

Sarah has said she wants a boyfriend before, so I'm not sure why people are reacting as though this has come out of the blue. She has said it on numerous occasions over the past few years...doesn't anyone remember when she said she went out on "the pull" with her daughters? As for Beatrice and Eugenie telling her they don't want her to remarry, if it's true, it's only because Sarah has put the idea into their heads and Sarah is just getting them to validate what she wants/feels. Sarah doesn't know what she wants, but to me it's not that hard to figure out. She wants to be embraced by the royal family again and she wants to be Andrew's wife again, but she never actually pursues the idea because of how badly it turned out in the past. I don't even think Sarah believes that's what she wants, but it's obvious to me (also obvious that Andrew wants Sarah). Charles, Diana, Anne, Mark Phillips...all of them moved on with other people right away. It's been 16 years and Sarah and Andrew haven't found new partners.

(Not that I believe either Sarah or Andrew is actually consciously thinking about a reunion, either. It's just that if they really were completely done with their past together, they would have moved on. But they haven't, because they aren't.)

If there was ever someone who had it all and made sure she lost it, it is Sarah. Perhaps at this stage in her life she sorely misses the perks of a HRH status and wife to a son of the Queen. Perhaps she misses Andrew,perhaps she is lonely....
One thing I cannot understand is why she talks to journalists about her secret hopes and wishes. Don't you think she would be better off talking to a friend about these issues?

But Odette, do you really think that Sarah has a Friend? I mean, someone she can really confide in?

One thing that both Diana and Sarah had in common were their tendency to talk to strangers about their personal lives. I wonder what causes this? A desire for attention? A lack of real friends? Perhaps this characteristic also drew them both into Royal marriages: they were looking for something outside of themselves for validation.:ermm:

If there was ever someone who had it all and made sure she lost it, it is Sarah. Perhaps at this stage in her life she sorely misses the perks of a HRH status and wife to a son of the Queen. Perhaps she misses Andrew,perhaps she is lonely....
One thing I cannot understand is why she talks to journalists about her secret hopes and wishes. Don't you think she would be better off talking to a friend about these issues?

Mermaid, Udyusa.........I can believe that there are a lot of people out there who want to talk with someone and have no one who would listen.
However, when somebody reaches the level of Sarah and others, talk with journalists should be a NO NO.......Unless it is done with a purpose of leaking something, the rest can be kept private.
Sarah has a sister and two daughters who are old enough to share some of her confidences with them.
I agree that Sarah very rarely managed to keep her life stories to herself but she should have learned by now.:flowers:

I think what Odette said in post #165 sums it all up. I think Sarah is now realizing everything she has lost, and is maybe realizing what she could have had if she had moderated her behavior and stayed with Prince Andrew; she would be a HRH, the wife to the second son to the queen, and a respected member of the RF.

A laptop owned by the Duchess of York, containing family photographs, has been stolen, sources have said.

The computer was taken during a burglary at a studio in Hertfordshire last week and police are now investigating

'Duchess's laptop stolen' - Yahoo! News UK

quote from link:
Sources say an aide took the computer to Black Cat Video in High Street, Potters Bar, on Thursday, so the photos could be downloaded and archived.

Ignoring the "sources say" for the moment, wouldn't it be more logical - and practical - to download the pics onto a CD/DVD or memory stick? Why the need to take the whole laptop in and leave it overnight, or longer? This part of the story doesn't make sense.

Especially as they could make a copy of the harddisk even if it is password protected and then have somebody hack it. I bet the Mail or other papers would be only too willing to help out with a hacker...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've taken out a few posts. Really guys, it's obvious some of you still have 'those' photos uppermost in your minds but we really need to get past this so the subject is not rehashed with boring regularity when it has no relevance to anything relating to Sarah's current events.

Warren
British Forums moderator

I remember when her jewels were stolen. I am wondering if she's having a rash of bad luck with this lap top thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot about her jewels! Guess when it rains it pours....

Have her jewels been stolen recently? The only time I can recall was several years ago at an airport?

Have her jewels been stolen recently? The only time I can recall was several years ago at an airport?
That's what I meant, but she's had a sting of bad luck with the house fire, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom