The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Click on "larger image" on the page that's linked here, and you'll see Sarah in her throw. The story about the cloak is on the page.

Sincerely Sarah by Sarah Ferguson Luxury Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Has anyone seen Sarah's velvet cloak in the new Avon catalogue? Someone said they saw her pic somewhere (I can't seem to find anything) and that she made reference to a relative being given a cloak for loyalty to the The Crown - years ago - and now she is selling or endorsing some sort of throw through Avon. I'm sure one of you can track this down - if it's indeed true. Thanks.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, attends the landmark Grand Opening of Atlantis, The Palm Resort, and the Palm Jumeirah on November 20, 2008 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Zimbio Sarah with Sol Kerzner (the owner of the Atlantis) and Heather Kerzner
Zimbio
Zimbio
Sarah with Richard Branson and Richard Branson
Zimbio

Zimbio gallery

Old 11-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Too bad Sarah doesn't do something else with her hair as it is really getting very thin and straggly. Maybe a good cut and something with abit more style to give it some Pizazz!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Serene Highness

I don't have a problem with her hair, but I think she should have worn a dress that covered her upper arms a bit. I dunno . . . I have a thing about exposing fleshy upper arms. I know, that sounds really shallow.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Click on "larger image" on the page that's linked here, and you'll see Sarah in her throw. The story about the cloak is on the page.

Sincerely Sarah by Sarah Ferguson Luxury Throw
If the sale of these 'throws' isn't going to charity, then I am absolutely appalled that Sarah should use her royal connections in this way. Advertising language such as ' crown' and 'royal purple velvet' [by the way it's made of polyester]
Old 11-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

There's a very, very fine line with a lot of the things that Sarah does; and I think that she's crossed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
If the sale of these 'throws' isn't going to charity, then I am absolutely appalled that Sarah should use her royal connections in this way. Advertising language such as ' crown' and 'royal purple velvet' [by the way it's made of polyester]
Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thanks a lot for the link, giov

Here's one more from the after party:

After Party - Grand Opening of Atlantis, The Palm

The dress looked much better with a scarf as you can also see on
the following pic :

Sarah Ferguson watches the unprecedented pyrotechnics and illumination
at the Grand Opening of Palm Jumeirah and its flagship Atlantis, the
Palm Resort at the Palm Jumeirah Island on November 20, 2008 in Dubai.

------> Pic

And I've found the following pic I really liked, it definitely does not
show Sarah from her best (back) side, but it shows her energy and joy
of living, that's really nice

----> Arrival pic
Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

wonder how much she was paid to appear at the party. any ideas?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the photos/links everyone. These pics are more flattering than some of the others in recent memory. I was also wondering if she was invited to Dubai on a personal note or on a paid one.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

Honestly people. With guests such as Robert DeNiro and Richard Branson in attendance, do you really think that the organizers needed to pay Sarah to attend and "beef up" the glitz list?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Fergie Threatened With Prosecution Over TV Expose
The Royalist - Fergie Threatened With Prosecution Over TV Expose

I also think that the Duchess might want to go on a diet again. From the side shot in the evening dress she looks heavy. I know from personal experience that it is hard to maintain your weight.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Gentry

I read an interview recently with Sarah in "Hello Canada" where she frequently referred to her "princess daughters". she also has developed a knack for talking about Andrew; "we are divorced to each other instead of from each other" it almost makes it sound as if they are still together. It's amazing after being divorced for 12 years that she is still able to get so much mileage out of once being a member of the RF.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well maybe they still are 'together'. Certainly they have nothing but pleasant things to say about one another.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Gentry

I wonder how much longer people are going to be willing to pay her for endorsements, speeches, appearances, etc? As more time goes on, William and Harry get married, and her own daughters continue to grow up, people won't be paying as much attention to her. As is it now in the USA, she doesn't get much publicity. Is she going to be able to make as much money?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

If she's in less demand as a personality in years to come, I'd think that her fees for speaking engagements/personal appearances will decrease; and her products wouldn't sell as well either. Will the upcoming generation even know who she is, for example?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that she will try and make sure that she is known for as long as she can, Mermaid1962. Trouble is, it may be on the heels of her princess daughters which is sad, imo. I truly hope that I am wrong in my assumption.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Sadly enough, I think that you're probably right.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Courtier

I am finding it difficult to know which of her various activities are for charity.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Administrator

I'm sure the Sarah, Duchess of York Charities and Patronages thread will help you out.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

My take is, as of others posted above, that as long as there is a demand for her and there are checks being written for her appearances and products she will continue advertising herself. I have to admit that I admire her for at least working at it. I doubt the next generation will know how to navigate the stormy waters and earn a paycheck.
Her charitable projects are also impressive. So if she can go on why not?

Tags
fergie, princess beatrice, princess eugenie, sarah duchess of york, sarah ferguson