The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the colour of that blue evening dress on Sarah, and the way that it lights up her eyes, but I really don't like the way the bodice looks squeezed...so much in fact that the support ribbons are squished to the side.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Royal Highness

I came over this three days old article, saying that Sarah has been in Lofoten, Norway.
She says its great to be there and that she feels like a part of the big Lofoten-family .
Its also a picture of her on the Zakariasbrygga where she ate lunch.
Fergie lovpriser Lofoten - lofotposten.no

Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Royal Highness

Did anyone catch Sarah on Celebrity Apprentice? Piers auctioned off tea with the Duchess of York--and someone paid 100,000 dollars for it.
Also, when Piers called her "Your Majesty" she was very, very quick to correct him. I was impressed by that---but she wore those hideous patterned stockings! UGH! Not flattering, but her hair looked good.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Did anyone catch Sarah on Celebrity Apprentice? Piers auctioned off tea with the Duchess of York--and someone paid 100,000 dollars for it.
Also, when Piers called her "Your Majesty" she was very, very quick to correct him. I was impressed by that---but she wore those hideous patterned stockings! UGH! Not flattering, but her hair looked good.
As long as she didn't sing "Tainted Love" I think she'll be okay.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another article about Sarah in Norway:

Frozen food millionaire Geir shows Fergie round northern Norway
And here are the pics: ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 04-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow. That's not exactly a good lookin' guy.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I think it could be even worse, Russophile

Here's another pic of Sarah in Norway, it's taken on the same
balcony, so I think she simply pulled off that Norwegian sweater.
----> Sarah in Norway

And here's a pic of Sarah from last Thursday, April 10, 2008,
it shows her in a taxicab in London and will surely raise up
a discussion about her look again
----> Sarah in London
Old 04-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I think it could be even worse, Russophile

Here's another pic of Sarah in Norway, it's taken on the same
balcony, so I think she simply pulled off that Norwegian sweater.
----> Sarah in Norway

And here's a pic of Sarah from last Thursday, April 10, 2008,
it shows her in a taxicab in London and will surely raise up
a discussion about her look again
----> Sarah in London
is it me or dose she look younger inthe first picture than in the second
Old 04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Sarah needs to learn one cardinal rule about being a woman, especially a high profile woman -- never leave the house without your makeup on! Poor thing looks like she either just got out of the shower or got caught in a rainstorm.

Cat
Old 04-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Serene Highness

She looks like a wet cat in the 2nd photo (no offense, Cat). The first photo is very nice and flattering. Thanks for both, Ice!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Nobility

Fergie used to be woken by a prince, but now it's a flashgun from a passing photographer | the Daily Mail
Here is an article that deals with the second picture posted by iceflower.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

They still refer to her as a member of TBRF.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Royal Highness

Oh my, where do I possibly start?
First, she is no longer a member of the BRF--the lack of the HRH and the divorce from Andrew should be enough to clue the writer in
Second--why is she out at 3AM? No offense, but staying out that late is something for her daughters, not her.
Speaking of daughters--why does Beatrice need a ONE MILLION POUND apartment? Is it just me, or is that excessive? I'll bet that Zara never got that from her mother! I suppose Sarah is paying for it, because it didn't mention Andrew at all. HMMMMM.
And, her appearance. She looked nice in the one photo where she didn't have the sweater on--kinda girlish--the plain and simple looks suits her quite well. That second photo--well, I feel bad for her; she was asleep, yada yada yada--I may let that one go. But, she looks pretty awful.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Serene Highness

Dislike Sarah all you want to, but invading her like that at 3:00am is just rude. If a photographer took a photo of me at that hour, I would be lucky to look that good. Many posters clearly state that she is no longer a member of the royal family. Absolutely true, which means she no longer answers to them or to anyone else for that matter. So what she is doing out anywhere at any hour is nobody's business. The same with the apt. for Beatrice. Its her money. She earned it. If she wants to buy her daughter an apt, so what? Considering the price of real estate in London, its probably a very small apartment! She is a single wealthy woman with two adult daughters. She's 48, still very young and if she wants to go out, its her choice.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Dislike Sarah all you want to, but invading her like that at 3:00am is just rude. If a photographer took a photo of me at that hour, I would be lucky to look that good. Many posters clearly state that she is no longer a member of the royal family. Absolutely true, which means she no longer answers to them or to anyone else for that matter. So what she is doing out anywhere at any hour is nobody's business. The same with the apt. for Beatrice. Its her money. She earned it. If she wants to buy her daughter an apt, so what? Considering the price of real estate in London, its probably a very small apartment! She is a single wealthy woman with two adult daughters. She's 48, still very young and if she wants to go out, its her choice.
I agree completely.

But I am very sad to see she wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Nobility

I don't dislike Sarah. I admire the way she has pulled herself up literally by her bootstraps and made a financial success of her life. I do dislike the way she constantly makes bad choices that leave her open for censure. Falling asleep in a luxury taxi at 3:00 am (without a seatbelt no less -- did she learn nothing from Diana's death?) looking as though she had just crawled out of bed!

Let's face it, she is a public figure and, as she constantly reminds us, the mother of two princesses. Despite the fact that it was rude and intrusive behavior on the part of the photographers, Sarah knows she will be photographed at all hours, day or night. Why on earth does she continue to feed the flames by behaving in ways no sensible almost 50 year old should? One should learn from past mistakes, a concept Sarah clearly doesn't comprehend.

Cat
Old 04-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree that she no longer answers to them or anyone else--but Sarah constantly puts herself out there as the Duchess of York and trades on her former status and also uses her daughter's status as well to further herself and constantly reminds people that her daughter's are the Princesses of York and she is their mother, etc... I think she still wants the perks of being part of the RF, but not the responsibilties.
As for Sarah being out at 3am--she can do whatever she wants, that is true, but then she shouldn't be upset when someone snaps her photo because she constantly puts herself out there using her Former Royal slash Celebrity status. She wants people to take photos--but not when its inconvenient for her. She can't have it both ways. And, frankly, she looked quite bad--she has a habit of staying out quite late and I think its catching up with her. It isn't healthy--and she's the poster for healty eating and lifestyle choices with her Weight Watchers position.
Additionally, regarding this apartment for Princess Bea--you're completely right--its her money, she can do what she wants with it. But, I've not seen Bea do anything to earn such an extravagance except go out at night and talk about maybe being a fashion designer or something. I don't think she needs such an expensive flat.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

I'm confused. Resting in a private taxi? Is that some sort of ill behavior? I confess that I don't know anything about seatbelt laws in London. Where I live it is not illegal for an adult to sit in the back of a car without a seatbelt on. If it is illegal in London, then I agree she should have been wearing one, but other than that, I don't see what it was she was doing wrong. I also don't see how she used the royal family's name to have someone take her picture at 3:00am. You can't be "on" all the time. People just want to go after Sarah because they dislike her and every word that comes out of her mouth is manipulated into being a chant of "I used to be a member of the royal family". Frankly, I don't remember the last time I heard those words coming out of her mouth. She has talked about her daughters being princesses, but then, they ARE princesses, so.....what? Should she be censored for speaking the truth?

Why does Bea need to have done something to earn her apartment? Isn't going to college enough work to warrant a place to live? I own a real estate business. We rent apartments, many of them to college students. More than half of them had their parents pay for their apts. The only difference is that Bea's mother is wealthier than most.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I confess that I don't know anything about seatbelt laws in London. Where I live it is not illegal for an adult to sit in the back of a car without a seatbelt on. If it is illegal in London, then I agree she should have been wearing one, but other than that, I don't see what it was she was doing wrong.
My complaint about the lack of seatbelt has nothing to do with legality but stems from the fact that the consequences of her former sister-in-law's failure to wear one has been discussed in the media so very recently.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Nobility

That was my point as well, which I thought I made clear in my post.

Cat

Tags
fergie, sarah duchess of york