Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully HM feels better soon. She must have been quite ill to go to hospital- I'm sure she'd prefer to keep her medical issues private and work with her own physicians, but sometimes that isn't an option.

Here's wishing HM a speedy recovery. Clearly the royals haven't ended their relationship with King Edward VII hospital after Kate's recent stay there.

At least no-one can phone up pretending to be the Queen this time.

phil dampier‏@phildampier
#queen Other members of the Royal family may step in to fulfill her duties this week.

My grandmother just went through a similar episode in January. While she didn't end up in the hospital, the doctors were mostly concerned about the effects of dehydration. Hopefully the hospital is just an environment to get HM on an IV.

I agree - this is likely. After all the family recently learned the effects of and treatment for dehydration. ;)

Here's the latest from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21649400... precautionary, in good spirits and out for the week, in summary

Last edited:
phil dampier‏@phildampier
#queen Other members of the Royal family may step in to fulfill her duties this week.

I dont know why he says this when the palace says her appointments will cancelled or postponed.

I wish Her Majesty a speedy recovery! Hopefully, she'll be back on her feet for the visit to Rome.

Just heard that on the BBC,wishingt Her Majesty well.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Queen Italian president Giorgio Napolitano says re Queen's admittance to hospital: "best wishes for speedy recovery."

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#Harry the #Queen was last in hospital ten years ago for a knee op - likely be a 2 day stay in hospital, then rest at Buck Pal or Windsor

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN
Downing St: We wish The Queen well and wish her a speedy recovery.

HM must be feeling quite ill if she has been admitted to hospital. It's nice to see that other members of the RF are stepping in for her- I hope that this is nothing too serious and that HM recovers quickly. I think that when she is feeling a little bit better she should rest for a bit before taking part in any public occasions/visits.

On BBC Radio they said that the Queen waited until after she had a scheduled audience with one of the royal staff who was getting some sort of long-service award to then head back to London to the KEVII. So I'm guessing it's not exactly urgent.

Dehydration is a common occurrance in elderly after a stomach bug. Hopefully she is getting an IV and will be back home very shortly.

I had read that the strain of the norovirus that is going around this winter is a particularly severe one to suffer through here in the US. Its the first thing I thought of when it was announced that HM was under the weather. As in any illness that involves vomiting and flu like symptons (such as with Kate and the HG), it can lead to dehydration and the best solution is an IV drip and that's probably why HM was admitted to the hospital.

I don't know about anyone else but waking up and seeing this news first off when I checked my mail and news, I kind of felt like I was hearing about a beloved member of the family being ill. All reports too made sure to make mention of the face that HM is 86 and to cancel engagements because of not feeling well is a very rare occurrence for HM. I'm glad though that she'll be taking a week to recoup under doctor's orders for a week to get her back to her normal radiant self.

I don't know about anyone else but waking up and seeing this news first off when I checked my mail and news, I kind of felt like I was hearing about a beloved member of the family being ill.

BBC Radio Five Live actually interrupted commentary of a live football match (the North London derby too) to cross to a newsreader to bring us the news. For a split second I thought it was going to be much worse. To interrupt a live football game is about as serious as it gets in this country!

On BBC Radio they said that the Queen waited until after she had a scheduled audience with one of the royal staff who was getting some sort of long-service award to then head back to London to the KEVII. So I'm guessing it's not exactly urgent.

She was also driven to KEVII by private car, no knee-knors or police cars to push through traffic. Like BP said it's a precaution, and at 86 that's the best thing they could have done.

Now someone will probably take this the wrong way, but i'm simply pointing it out and personally I smiled. Richard Palmer tweeted that he has a non-refundable ticket to Rome and two nights in a hotel going spare now. :)

Last edited:
She is in the best place for a good recovery. I just hope she takes a good long time for a complete recovery before returning to normal duties. A hospital stay can take it out of you. Lots of bed rest or just plain rest when she returns to Windsor, would be my advice. Wishing her all the best and hope the symptoms have gone by now. Nothing worse than a gastro attack to make you feel lousy.

i hope Her Majesty gets better soon. HOwever, the hospital is the best place for her to receive the care that she needs.

Best wishes to the Queen and I hope she feels much better very soon.

There's no royal I admire as much as the Queen. I don't think this is very serious, and I look forward to the generational photo this summer of herself, Charles, Will and baby. IV fluids will do the trick.

Must say I'm quite concerned about this, and hope Her Majesty will make quick progress back to health and strength.

All best wishes that Her Majesty has a speedy return to health. My mother, who is 84, has suffered from gastroenteritis at times, but always come through it.

Get well soon! She's a healthy woman and will definitely pull through!

Paul Harrison@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Queen is due to depart hospital - no timing yet, but police outriders here, as is empty Bentley - empty not for long

Paul Harrison@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal You know when #Queen's about to leave - her advisors & press secretaries arrive to brave the cold! Expect HM to leave by front door

Duchess Kate Fan@HelloHkittybaby
Good to hear our #Queen is about to depart hospital. Get well soon Your #Majesty #royals

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Queen is expected to leave hospital this afternoon after undergoing treatment for gastroenteritis.

Just saw the coverage of The Queen leaving the hospital on CNN. I'm glad she's out and seem to be okay.

I think Max Foster make a very good point. The Queen is now 86, moving towards 90 and it's time for the younger royals help out more.

So much for a two day stay!
And royalty stepping in for The Queen;
@BBCPeterHunt: A reception for MPs and MEPs which the Queen will miss tomorrow, will be attended by Sophie Wessex and Prince Philip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom