Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 24: June 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, The Queen still rides and I think that's great. If it's causing her some back problems, it may be tough or sad for her to just stop riding all together.

Oh, finally the days have come when the Queen has to be actually "filled in for". I seriously want her to be fit and strong as long as she lives, however short it may be..Quality, and not quantity of life matters. Hope this is an isolated incident. Cant imagine her ill..

No but reality of age is setting in and with that comes other realities. I think she will recover from this after some rest and good care. I know personally those aching backs are no joke.

Peter Hunt‏@BBCPeterHunt56m
The Queen at Eton this evening. This morning she pulled out of an investiture ceremony because of a sore back. PIX: PA. pic.twitter.com/x8rBRTq0

:previous: God is she crazy:bang:..Why couldnt she rest for a full day atleast..
Hope it wont return..:sad:

The said investiture involved pinning honours to 90 people.
Even if you take a minimum of 1 minute per person, it will take atleast one and a half hour. And slightly bending at back for 90 times..I feel she should completely withdraw from investitures..Especially with chronic back pain..

The Queen tries her best to rest when she's really ill and she's rarely ill. I think the investitures would've been too much and she was able to handle this engagement.

I hope Her Majesty will feel completely recovered soon. Glad to hear that she's allowing herself some rest.

vkrish said:
:previous: God is she crazy:bang:..Why couldnt she rest for a full day atleast..
Hope it wont return..:sad:

The Queen would have chosen to attend the engagement this evening and back out of the one this morning. The obvious reason being she was probably sat down most of last night and an investiture involves standing up. If The Queen feels she is able to serve her country then good for her!

Queen Elizabeth has received Argentine Ambassador Alicia Amalia Castro and the High Commissioner of India Dr Jaimini Bhagwati for private audiences at Buckingham Palace today, October 16.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Yes, he does :)

On October 18, Mr. Julio Munoz was received by Queen Elizabeth on his appointment as the Peruvian Ambassador to the Court of St. James's and Mr. Konstantin Dimitrov presented his Letters of Credence on his appointment as the Ambassador from Bulgaria (pic 3).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Her Majesty The Queen has just arrived at Ascot for The Qipco British Champions Day.
Carlton House runs in her named race, of which the Queen will present the trophy.

Hugely jealous because I would love to see Frankel today.

Edit: Zara Philip is with her grandmother. The majority of trophies have been given this afternoon by Equestrian Olympic and Paralympic medallists.

Carlton House just came 4th, favourite and Frankel's rival Excelebration won.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Queen Elisabeth during Investitures at Buckingham Palace on October 19, 2012:

** Pic **

HM was clearly in her element watching the magnificent Frankel. I'm not interested in horse racing at all, but even I made the effort to watch him in his last race.

From her rather unrestrained celebration when Frankel came through, perhaps the Queen is on the mend vis-a-vis her back pain.

She would go to the races even if she was in agony on her death-bed!:lol:

HM was clearly in her element watching the magnificent Frankel. I'm not interested in horse racing at all, but even I made the effort to watch him in his last race.

From her rather unrestrained celebration when Frankel came through, perhaps the Queen is on the mend vis-a-vis her back pain.

I am reading "At her Majesty's pleasure", a book from Julian Muscat documenting the Queen's love of racing and it says that there is usually a convention dictating that photographers and cameramen do not take images of the royal box at these moments. They apparently broke it when the Queen's Free agent won at Ascot a few years ago (she was seen punching the air in delight!). I am glad they broke it again! :lol:

There is also a very nice photo of the Queen celebrating... and it wasn't even for her own horse! :flowers:

The £100million unbeaten champion: Frankel hailed as world's greatest thoroughbred after winning all 14 races | Mail Online

I love that picture of Her Majesty. She looks like she's having the time of her life, and the fact that she's doing it in such uninhibited fashion makes the picture absolutely priceless :D.

She would go to the races even if she was in agony on her death-bed!:lol:

You're probably right.

I am reading "At her Majesty's pleasure", a book from Julian Muscat documenting the Queen's love of racing and it says that there is usually a convention dictating that photographers and cameramen do not take images of the royal box at these moments. They apparently broke it when the Queen's Free agent won at Ascot a few years ago (she was seen punching the air in delight!). I am glad they broke it again! :lol:

Love the story. Wonder if that picture can be found somewhere. I'd love to see Her Majesty in a moment of unreserved jubilation.

Love the story. Wonder if that picture can be found somewhere. I'd love to see Her Majesty in a moment of unreserved jubilation.
I would love too, but I have never managed to find it, unfortunately! John Warren, her racing adviser, did describe it though : :lol:
"The Queen had Prince Philip on one side and I was on the other. I thought the jockey had run up behind a wall of horses. But when he pulled the horse out, Free Agent flew and won the race very nicely. The Queen literally jumped up in the air she was so excited. It was a moment of real joy."
"The Queen is 82 years of age and yet she raced to the paddock like she was 20. We were struggling to keep up with her. The jockey was trying to explain what had happened but all the Queen wanted to do was touch her horse."

The Queen and her racehorses - Telegraph

Queen Elizabeth today, October 24, received the Ambassador of Equatorial Guinea, Ms Mari-Cruz Evuna Andeme and the Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Mr Mohammad Daud Yaar during private audiences at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom