The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Today, May 1st, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited Sherborne Abbey Green and Digby Memorial Church
Hallin, Dorset. They attended a lunch at the Rifles Regimental Museum in Wiltshire and visited Salisbury Cathedral
also in Wiltshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Joy about the corgis 1 ** Joy about the corgis 2 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Accompanied By The Duke Of Edinburgh Visits The South West **

** dailymail: Nice hat, Ma'am! Queen recycles another favourite outfit as she dons bright pink headgear for Mad Hatters tea party **

Old 05-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

The glee on HM's face as she sees the corgis is just glorious!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Her Majesty's sympathy for schoolgirl, 8, who wrote letter to the Queen after she was refused a place at her chosen school
Quote:
When education bosses refused to let her study at a school where she felt safe and happy, obsessive compulsive disorder sufferer Jessica Compston appeared to have run out of options. But the eight-year-old had other ideas and appealed to a higher authority - the Queen. In her best handwriting, she complained that the ‘government arent letting me go to Littele Thetford Primery School’, adding the ruling defied her doctor’s recommendation.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

The letter this little girl received from the Queen is very interesting indeed. It basically explains that as a constitutional monarch she must act on the advice of her MPs and so has sent the letter to the relevant MP! Presumably said MP will now be required to advise Her Majesty what he intends to do about the problem that the little girl faces!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The glee on HM's face as she sees the corgis is just glorious!
I agree completely. Her smile is positively infectious.

I'm glad that the little girl wanted to take action, and asked for help, even if Her Majesty couldn't directly help her. Hopefully now, after the matter has been brought to the attention of the appropriate person, the case will get resolved to the satisfaction of all.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Another day packed with several events:

The Queen accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh today, May 2nd, officially opened the Forum, Streatham
Campus, Exeter University, visited Ninesprings Country Park, Yeovil as well as Crewkerne Town Hall in Somerset.
They've visited Princesshay Square and attended a lunch at Exeter University, Devon.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Visits The South West **

** dailymail: Neigh-ce to meet you, Ma'am! Queen comes nose-to-nose with Harry Patch the horse on Diamond Jubilee tour **
Old 05-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Queen looks just stunning, although the hat reminds me of my last year's birthday cake.
How cute were the inflatable corgis? The Queen certainly appreciated them!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

Oh those corgis are so adorable. Her majesty got a kick out of that I'm sure. She looked very nice in her lavender outfit,nice color for her.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
A very happy (belated) birthday, Baroness! That certainly sounds like an interesting bit of royal kitsch. Did you take a picture of it?

Last April 29 must have been a great day for you - birthday and massive royal wedding all in one day!
Thank you, E! Last year, I took off from work and was up at the crack of dawn wearing my faux tiara to watch the festivities. And unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of the solar Queen.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
The Queen looks just stunning, although the hat reminds me of my last year's birthday cake.
How cute were the inflatable corgis? The Queen certainly appreciated them!
I love the inflatable corgis, and it seems that Her Majesty does too .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Nobility

By quite a long way, this is the nicest outfit I have seen The Queen wearing, in a long time.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh presented new colours to the 1st Battalion and No. 7
Company the Coldstream Guards at Windsor Castle, May 3, 2012. Later they met soldiers and their families
during a reception at Victoria Baracks.

The Coldstream Guards, the oldest regiment in the British Army, will form part of the guard for Trooping the
Colour in honour the the Queen's birthday in June following which the regiment will prepare for deployment
to Afghanistan once more.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** reuters/gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Nick Clegg: Sorry, Your Majesty, I’m just too busy to meet you - Telegraph
Old 05-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I am sure Her Majesty was absolutely devastated!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diamond Jubilee

Interesting video
Old 05-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Queen Elizabeth accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh presented new colours to the 1st Battalion and No. 7
Company the Coldstream Guards at Windsor Castle, May 3, 2012.
Trooping the new Colours: The Queen presents the Coldstream Guards with new regimental standards at Windsor Castle | Mail Online
Old 05-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Feel free to move if the current report is posted in the wrong thread, but beautiful pictures of Her Majesty:

Behind the scenes with the Queen: Candid photos reveal intimate moments with Her Majesty | Mail Online
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:02 AM

Jubilee Dinner for Royals

Hi

Does anyone have a list of who has been invited or attending the Jubilee Dinner and Luncheon for the Queen?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
Apparently all of the worlds reigning monarchs have been invited to the luncheon at Windsor and to a more formal champagne dinner at Buckingham Palace hosted by the Prince of Wales.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh attended day two of the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Home Park on May 10, 2012 in Windsor, England.
He looks great. Also it's nice to see him in some casual, comfortable cloths.

- Prince Philip 1
- Prince Philip 2
- Gallery from Daylife

Closed Thread