The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Administrator

The thread will be opened the closer we get to the official events in June. At this point members are posting the information in this thread, and it will be moved by the moderation team to the official thread.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Royal Highness

I like the way both seem to make time for their grandchildren. As this year they can't reduce their workload due to the Jubilee, they take their family members with them to their appointments, so have time while travelling to talk. And they spend quality time with them going out - that's great.

My mother won't live much longer due to heart failure but as she is mentally fit she receives as much visitors as possible and talks a lot on the phone - as she says: everytime can be the last time. So she is turning her situation into a kind of super family and friends occasion. I could imagine that's what HM and the Duke do as well after he had his heart scare at Christmas.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Brolly good to see you Ma'am! The secret behind the Queen's bespoke see-through umbrellas

Brolly good to see you Ma'am! The secret behind the Queen's bespoke umbrellas | Mail Online
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Brolly good to see you Ma'am! The secret behind the Queen's bespoke see-through umbrellas

Brolly good to see you Ma'am! The secret behind the Queen's bespoke umbrellas | Mail Online
Now this is what I call a really unique fashion statement! HM does color coordinated umbrellas. Too bad that some think they need really outrageous "satellite" hats eh?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Gentry

Oh i love it!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

She does have her little fashion statements, doesn't she?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Amazing! I wondered how she just happened to have an umbrella to mach her outfit.
Love it!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Berbahagialah Ratu dan Pangeran selamanya. Jayalah Ratu Elizabeth II. Blessed are the Queen and Prince forever. Long Live The Queen Elizabeth II.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Jubilee Thread;

The star-studded Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace in June has killed off another official event to celebrate the Queen’s 60-year reign.
An open-air concert planned for her Scottish retreat of Balmoral has been cancelled because organisers could not raise sufficient funds.
The event would have raised £100,000 if it had sold out – but it clashed with the Buckingham Palace show, which features major international stars and is to be televised.
‘They just felt they could not compete with Dame Shirley Bassey, Sir Elton John and Sir Paul McCartney in London,’ says a source.
A Palace spokesman confirmed: ‘It will not be taking place now because of the clash with the London concert.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1onL7uCdK
Old 03-13-2012, 03:01 AM
Administrator

Besides the annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh
also attended a Commonwealth Day Reception at Marlborough House yesterday. Other members of the
family were not listed for that second event of the day.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Attends The Commonwealth Day Reception At Marlborough House **
Old 03-13-2012, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope this has not been question yet...but why Catherine didn't attend?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Why should she have?
She wasn't asked to attend obviously.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
It seems it was for senior Royals only.

Personally I'm happy that Catherine wasn't there otherwise there would have been 10 pages of reports on her and her clothes and nothing about why the service was being held or acknowledging the presence of other (and far more important) members of the Royal Family.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
It seems it was for senior Royals only.

Personally I'm happy that Catherine wasn't there otherwise there would have been 10 pages of reports on her and her clothes and nothing about why the service was being held or acknowledging the presence of other (and far more important) members of the Royal Family.
Not to start an argument, or go off topic, but as the wife of the heir to the heir, and the future Queen of England, Catherine is pretty important.
I also do not expect her to attend every Royal function, nor is it necessary for her to do so.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Not to start an argument, or go off topic, but as the wife of the heir to the heir, and the future Queen of England, Catherine is pretty important.
I also do not expect her to attend every Royal function, nor is it necessary for her to do so.
Yes, she is a Senior Royal of course but OTOH she has a right not be be included in all those Royal engegements that have traditionally a strong Royal presence but have nothing to do with choice (like charity engagements) but with Royal duty. Which is not yet her job.

I could imagine that before and after each engagement there are lots of preparations and response meetings to do - I am sure eg that she does not let her post be read and answered by her assistents alone but wants to be informed about the main topics, read some letters, decide what to answer etc. - for a young lady that popular this takes a lot of time till she has established with her staff how to deal with it. So it's good for her to do some engagements to learn the ropes from her in-laws and from the public's reaction, but to be able to concentrate on her and Wiiliam's marriage, as I bet the Queen would be over the top with delight if she was able to announce a new Royal baby during her Jubilee!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Pretty important, agreed. But not more important than the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales or Duchess of Cornwall.

In fact, personally, I would rank all those (Camilla and Sophie included) who are royal only by marriage behind anyone who is actually in the order of succession. Again, it's a personal thing, but I don't look on them as being "real" royals.

But back to the Queen and Duke. The pictures of them at the service were lovely. It's great to see them so continually active and out and about.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Pretty important, agreed. But not more important than the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales or Duchess of Cornwall.

In fact, personally, I would rank all those (Camilla and Sophie included) who are royal only by marriage behind anyone who is actually in the order of succession. Again, it's a personal thing, but I don't look on them as being "real" royals.

But back to the Queen and Duke. The pictures of them at the service were lovely. It's great to see them so continually active and out and about.
I now understand what you are saying! Agreed! Thanks for clearing it up!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Not to drift too far from the topic, but Kate is behind of the Queen, Camilla, Sophie and Anne, but above Beatrice and Eugenie in the official order of precedence:
- Queen Elizabeth (the Sovereign)
- Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall (wife of Sovereign's eldest son)
- Sophie, the Countess of Wessex (wife of Sovereign's younger son)
- Anne, the Princess Royal (Sovereign's daughter)
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (wife of Sovereign's grandson)
- Princess Beatrice (Sovereign's granddaughter)
- Princess Eugenie (Sovereign's granddaughter)
- Zara Phillips (Sovereign's granddaughter)
- Serena Stanhope (wife of Sovereign's nephew)
- Sarah Chatto (Sovereign's niece)

When Charles becomes King, Kate will automatically be the second-highest female in the Kingdom, after the new Queen (consort) - Camilla.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Besides the annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh
also attended a Commonwealth Day Reception at Marlborough House yesterday. Other members of the
family were not listed for that second event of the day.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Attends The Commonwealth Day Reception At Marlborough House **

I LOVE the Queen's yellow ruffle skirt. It is so awesome. I think the Queen has been looking particularly fabulous, lately (not that she doesn't always look fabulous). I read today that the Queen has been seeking fashion advice from Kate. I kind of doubt there is anything to that, but it was an interesting read:
Queen Elizabeth latest fan of stylish Kate Middleton
Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I really think that HM and Angela Kelly are pulling out all the fashion stops in this Jubilee year. And is the Queen wearing her gorgeous Jardine Star brooch on the yellow outfit?