The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Edinburgh will be inaugurated as Lord High Admiral on the 23rd November, does this follow the announcement made during his birthday week?

Old 11-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth has received the High Commissioner for Singapore Thambynathan Jasudasen and
the Ambassador of Denmark Anne Hedensted Steffense during audiences at Buckingham Palace on
November 9, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 11-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Such a nice smilling between the Queen and the ambassador of Denmark. But why is the ambassador wearing an hat and gloves and the Queen herself isn't wearing none?
BTW I like the Queen's dress.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen isn't wearing gloves, that's strange to me.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I thought that too and then tried to remember if I have seen her receive anyone else without gloves. Perhaps she has and I just have never noticed.

Her smile is always so genuine. It does make me happy that Lady Louise is going to grow up looking so much like her.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I thought that too and then tried to remember if I have seen her receive anyone else without gloves. Perhaps she has and I just have never noticed.

Her smile is always so genuine. It does make me happy that Lady Louise is going to grow up looking so much like her.
I completely agree with you about Her Majesty's smile. It's always very genuine and contagious.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:45 AM
Majesty

Now that I think of it, I don't think she wears gloves when she's "at home." to confirm my impression, I just did a quick search of investitures and receiving ambassadors, and she's not wearing gloves in any of the pictures. So I guess it's a myth that HM never shakes hands without her gloves. She does wear evening gloves at banquets, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Now that I think of it, I don't think she wears gloves when she's "at home." to confirm my impression, I just did a quick search of investitures and receiving ambassadors, and she's not wearing gloves in any of the pictures. So I guess it's a myth that HM never shakes hands without her gloves. She does wear evening gloves at banquets, though.
I suspect the answer lies in how many people HM is expecting to meet. If it is just 2-3 people like when she is receiving new Ambassadors, she probably does not wear gloves. If she is hosting a banquet and expects to meet quite a few people, then I suspect she will wear gloves.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth has made a visit to Goodenough College to celebrate its 80th anniversary
on November 10, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Together with the Duke of Edinburgh she also opened the exhibition "Royal Manuscripts: the Genius of
Illumination" at the British Library in London today. The British Library is exhibiting a unique collection
of medieval and Renaissance illuminated manuscripts, collected by the kings and queens of England
over 800 years.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
Old 11-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Administrator

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have been in Margate, Kent today, November 11, 2011,
they've visited the Turner Contemporary, the Old Town and the Lifeboat Station.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** BBC: The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh arrive in Margate **

** thisiskent.co.uk: ROYAL VISIT: Queen visits Old Town and Turner Contemporary **
Old 11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen goes to down to Margate to meet Tracey Emin at new Turner gallery | Mail Online
Old 11-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

HM looks lovely!!! Just a question--why isn't she wearing a poppy?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She may have one on her dress underneath her coat.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen never wears her poppies except at the Festival of Remembrance, which is this evening, and at Remembrance Sunday itself. I really have no idea why this is the case.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace and received Corp
Ben Robert-Smith from Australia, who was recently awarded the VC, during an audience on
November 15, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And she received King Abdullah II of Jordan today!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

What has happened to the State Opening of Parliament which is usually about this time of year? And also I couldn't seem to find the thread for this occasion to post this question- or am I just having a bad day?
Old 11-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ ah ah the 3rd pic is so funny. He makes the queen look like a child
Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
What has happened to the State Opening of Parliament which is usually about this time of year? And also I couldn't seem to find the thread for this occasion to post this question- or am I just having a bad day?
It was noted in the thread last year that the next State Opening of Parliament would occur in Spring 2012.

The thread is located further down the page.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
^^ ah ah the 3rd pic is so funny. He makes the queen look like a child
The Queen is so tiny compared to that man. I love how she carries her purse around inside.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Nobility

If I paid that much for a custom Launer handbag, I'd carry it everywhere, too. I'd probably sleep with it as well.

Oh lord, how I would love one of those bags...

Closed Thread