Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 22: August 2010-June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Queen as patron has visited the Royal Foundation of St. Katharine in London
today, March 24, 2011.

The Royal Foundation of St Katharine is one of the oldest religious foundations
in Great Britain. It was founded in 1147 by Queen Matilda, as a hospital for the
poor and patronage of The Foundation has been reserved unto the Queens of
England ever since.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga ** daylife/gettyimages **

Last edited:
HM appears to be really toeing-in on the tree planting. Love the outfit.

Did anyone notice, or is it just me, there is some kind of purple skin irritation or so, under the Queen's left eye? Hope that HM is alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone notice, or is it just me, there is some kind of purple skin irritation or so, under the Queen's left eye? Hope that HM is alright.

Looks like a touch of makeup, but I could be wrong....I'm a guy and what do I know about makeups.... :ROFLMAO:

To me it looks a bit like the sort of bruise that Philip has had in the past, and many of my elderly friends and parents get from time to time. It looks like a burst blood vessel near the eye making it look like a black eye - but it is simply a burst blood vessel but it can be painful at times. Not an uncommon feature of the elderly.

Queen Elizabeth has presented the Order of Merit to Neil MacGregor, the
Director of the British Museum, at Buckingham Palace in London today,
March 25, 2011.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Nice pictures. Very rare to see HM with her pearl strings in a mess!

Kate Armistead, 12, from Devizes in Wiltshire, shaking hands with Queen Elizabeth
before showing her winning design for an an emblem for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee,
in a competition run by BBC TVs Blue Peter programme for the Jubilee next year, at
Buckingham Palace on March 29, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife **

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited the City and Islington College,
London, today, March 30, 2011. Pic 2 with the flowers is fantastic - and
a good shot for our brooch fans :)

And take a look what happened in pic 4 : The Queen was shown a ferret,
called 'The Brain'...:D

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** daylife **

Last edited:
Ooooh, that's one of my favorite brooches, which I haven't seen in a long time. Too bad it doesn't have a name.

It was one of her wedding presents.
But the brooch with the Diamond Jubilee logo, I don't know that one.

and the brooch looks like????

I think it may be one I call the Commonwealth Rose - not because I know any provenance for it, just that HM has quite often worn this one for events related to the Commonwealth. I don't hae a really wonderful photo of it, but this is it....

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r181/gillweb/Brooches%20and%20jewels/Commonwealthroseredcrosslaunch2005-.jpg

Oh yes - it looks like an inch below the main brooch HM is wearing her "gold Blue Peter" badge. The competition the young lass won was run by the famous UK children's TV program of that name and HM was presented with the gold badge some years ago. (For those who don't know, Blue Peter badges are much coveted and are presented to guests or others doing something the show considers worthwhile. They are usually white plastic with the show's emblem in blue.)

Last edited:
Quite an old outfit though - I have an instance of this suit being worn in 2002!
Yes, she first wore it on a Golden Jubilee tour of Windsor in 2002. Still looks great though!

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited the City and Islington College,
London, today, March 30, 2011. Pic 2 with the flowers is fantastic - and
a good shot for our brooch fans :)

And take a look what happened in pic 4 : The Queen was shown a ferret,
called 'The Brain'...:D

**** Pic 2 ** ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** **
Pic 2- Gorgeous- one of the best of HM I have ever seen!
Pic 4- She may be mad keen about horses and dogs, but ferrets, not so much!:ermm::lol:
Pic 5- Fantastic smile!:flowers:

Damn, what a set of nice pictures from Islington College.
Indeed, as everyone says: wonderful.
I am a 27 year-old guy and I have to confess: she makes me feel warm when she looks straight into the lens and when her smile brights the whole day up.
May She live for a very long time and serve the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

Queen Elizabeth has received Turkey's Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan
and his wife at Buckingham Palace, London March 31, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

In front of the red lamp...

In picture 1, there is a photograph visible on the table in the background. I believe it is the very attractive picture of the two Princes in their respective military uniforms.

In picture 1, there is a photograph visible on the table in the background. I believe it is the very attractive picture of the two Princes in their respective military uniforms.

There's a wedding photo too, who is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom