The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Didn't he design the engagement ring he gave to Elizabeth? I know his mother gave him some stones and I am sure that I have read somewhere that he then designed the actual ring.

They don't want to show you photos as they want you to pay to see them for yourself.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, he did design the ring.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Should the royals have real jobs?
BBC News - Should the royals have real jobs?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The DoE also designed a bracelet for HM for an occasion early in their marriage -- perhaps his wedding gift to her. I can't remember who executed the design, nor can I remember anything other than it was yellow gold with gemstones. Anyone have a photo?

Update: Boucheron made a gold, sapphire, diamond and ruby bracelet made by Boucheron to Prince Philip’s design. It was given to The Queen on their fifth wedding anniversary and incorporates the interlaced initials ‘E’ and ‘P’. I'm still unable to find a photo.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen will head Down Under for State visit at the age of 85 | Mail Online

Queen and Philip coming to Australia for CHOGM in October.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Queen will head Down Under for State visit at the age of 85 | Mail Online

Queen and Philip coming to Australia for CHOGM in October.
You have to admire HM and DoE for their commitment to their duty. I wonder if C&C will accompany HM to the CHOGM?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
You have to admire HM and DoE for their commitment to their duty. I wonder if C&C will accompany HM to the CHOGM?
I'm going to assume no as the PoW will be covering anything needed for the Queen while she's traveling. Wouldn't it be a high security risk to have the Queen and the heir out of the country at the same time?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm going to assume no as the PoW will be covering anything needed for the Queen while she's traveling. Wouldn't it be a high security risk to have the Queen and the heir out of the country at the same time?

Not really.

They couldn't travel on the same planes (but that has been in since the mid-30s).

With the Queen out of the country Charles and William will probably serves as the nominated Counellors of State (of course William could be on duty as could Harry making the second CoS Andrew).

However Charles has accompanied the Queen to CHOGM once before, with Camilla.

If they were both out of the country and something happened, William would simply become King earlier than he would hope. It's not as if there aren't people ready and able to take over, with a line of succession that stretches into the 1000s of descendents of Queen Victoria.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh Visit Kings Lynn,Norfolk. February 02, 2011

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato
Old 02-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh Visit Kings Lynn,Norfolk. February 02, 2011

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato
She looks lovely as usual.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

The DoE as jewelry designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The DoE also designed a bracelet for HM for an occasion early in their marriage -- perhaps his wedding gift to her. I can't remember who executed the design, nor can I remember anything other than it was yellow gold with gemstones. Anyone have a photo?

Update: Boucheron made a gold, sapphire, diamond and ruby bracelet made by Boucheron to Prince Philip’s design. It was given to The Queen on their fifth wedding anniversary and incorporates the interlaced initials ‘E’ and ‘P’. I'm still unable to find a photo.
Here ya go!
Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion
Old 02-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Ask and you shall receive! Thank you, ladongas.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
That is so romantic.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

I didn't notice this before-- very nice collection of HM's dresses:

Royal Collection - Dress for the Occasion

I am honored to announce that the Queen and I have something in common. We both have a large collection of no-longer-worn gowns that are too small and too revealing for us to wear any longer.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

For "skintight, sexy gowns" - substitute "maturity, sense of humour, wisdom" ... and much more.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended the Sunday church
service at St Peter and St Pauls Church in West Newton, Norfolk, February
6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga ** gettyimages gallery **

** guardian.co.uk: Queen marks accession day with church visit **
Old 02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

God save the queen on this her 59th year of her reign
Old 02-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Amen, Royal Fan. May she reign for many more years.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

I really love how she and her designers worked to match her regal look to the places she was visiting, and their occasions. Well done. There's no one else like Queen Elizabeth, long indeed may she reign.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Queen Elizabeth II walks along the platform at Kings Lynn Railway Station in Norfolk, before boarding the train to London. February 07, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details