Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 18: May-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an impressive display of skills by RAF. There is something extra heroic about fighter pilots... Her Majesty looked great and hopefully enjoyed the fly-past.

Pics 14.7.208

The Queen and Prince Philip at a reception for winners of the
Queen's Award for Enterprise at a Buckingham Palace ceremony
in London, July 14, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Oh nice! I like the mint green! It gives her a completely different look, almost Kitty Carlileish. . . :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic 15.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II receives the Governor General of the
Solomon Islands Sir Nathanial Waena at Buckingham Palace,
London, July 15, 2008 ----> Pic

Is it just me, or do others also think that the Queen is increasingly dressing like the Queen Mother? The dress she is wearing to receive the GG of Solomon Is could have been taken directly from the QMs wardrobe!

no , i agree with you , i have the same notification , mybe she like her mother style!!
like mother like daugther !!!!

Pics 16.+17.7.2008

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II receives the President of Nigeria
Umaru Yar Adua at Buckingham Palace, London - 16 Jul

This time in a very impressive red :):
** Pic 1** Pic 2 **

Queen Elizabeth II meets with His Excellency Mr Yuri Thamrin
the new Ambassador of Indonesia and with His Excellency Mr
Erkin Kasymov the new Ambassador of Tajikistanat at Buckingham
Palace in London - 17 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Please no floaty coats and off-the-face hats with ostrich feathers, Ma'am, please!:ohmy: The Queen Mother seemed to always wear the same thing but in different patterns and colours.:)

Is it just me, or do others also think that the Queen is increasingly dressing like the Queen Mother? The dress she is wearing to receive the GG of Solomon Is could have been taken directly from the QMs wardrobe!

Pics 22.7.2008

Queen Elizabeth II receives Bulgaa Altangerel the Ambassador of
Mongolia and Shin Ebihara the Ambassador of Japan at Buckingham
Palace in London, July 22, 2008 - the first pic has something funny
as to the similar body language ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

LOL I see exactly what you mean LOL :lol:

The red dress looks lovely on HM. It would be great to see her wear dresses (as opposed to the usual coats/hats) in such bold colours

Not me, but mine is a man's impression.;) If I had to analyze it, I think she might have her occasional "Mummy" days which are a throwback in style and color to all those awful pastels she used to have to wear when QM was alive. So if she still reverts occasionally to those, maybe it's a bad habit born of something she had to endure for too many years of color coordinating with her mother and sister. Plus, does she use just the same old designer Hartnell that inflicted all that on her and the world? She looks a hundred times better IMO since the passing of the QM and her sister, a lot of interesting and may I say surprisingly "au courant" designs and stylings for a lady in her golden years. And she smiles all along with it, which makes a nice match at any age.

I see what you mean in this pic! But, IMO, she has been dressing much better in recent years. The tailored, classic look combined with larger hats is much more flattering than the old fussy florals, especially for a full figured lady. I love the use of new color combinations and textures. I think she looks better than she ever did. Maybe Anne could borrow HM's fashion advisor. :)

Not me, but mine is a man's impression.;) If I had to analyze it, I think she might have her occasional "Mummy" days which are a throwback in style and color to all those awful pastels she used to have to wear when QM was alive. So if she still reverts occasionally to those, maybe it's a bad habit born of something she had to endure for too many years of color coordinating with her mother and sister.
I agree, she has evolved a great new stlye, but let's face it, old habits are hard to break, and I put the Queen's occassional lapse into de ja vous down to her infamous habit of economy. Yes those dresses have years of wear left in them, but I suspect (on the QT) that they are left in the back of the closet by choice.
brandson said:
Plus, does she use just the same old designer Hartnell that inflicted all that on her and the world?
I don't know, but I hope not,
brandon said:
She looks a hundred times better IMO since the passing of the QM and her sister, a lot of interesting and may I say surprisingly "au courant" designs and stylings for a lady in her golden years. And she smiles all along with it, which makes a nice match at any age.
I absolutely agree, she does look so much better these days. I don't think we can underestimate the infulence of "Mummy" because, unlike almost everyone else in the Western World, QEII never left home.

But these days she looks radiant. I especially love her "White Gala Dresses" she wears to highlight her wonderful collection of Jewelry, of which I might add, we are also seeing much, much more of since the death of the Queen Mother.

Love her style, love her smile. :flowers:

Last edited:
Pics from Mediumphoto
Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the Director of the Royal Collection Sir Hugh Roberts views the Summer Opening exhibition at Buckingham Palace London The Ballroom has been arranged so that visitors can experience a real State Banquet, 24 July 2008.
MediumPhoto

Pics 24.7.2008

LOL I see exactly what you mean LOL :lol:

I add the first of the following pics from yesterday to my favourite pics of this
month ;)

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the Archbishop of Canterbury
Dr Rowan Williams meets invited guests at a garden party held at Buckingham
Palace in central London, July 24, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And thanks for the link, giov, nice to see the Queen's inspection :)

Thank you for all the pictures iceflower, :flowers: perhaps not the most stylish of dresses, but she still has that twinkle in her eye! :lol:
-------------------
This is the scene which has greeted foreign monarchs, presidents and prime ministers - the Buckingham Palace ballroom prepared for a state banquet.

From Tuesday, it will not be by invitation only as it becomes the latest part of the palace opened to the public for two months over the summer

The Queen puts her Royal banqueting rooms on the tourist menu at Buckingham Palace for the first time | Mail Online

I add the first of the following pics from yesterday to my favourite pics of this
month ;)
** Pic 1 **
This pic is so nice and funny! I wonder what she was saying!
Thanks for posting it Iceflower!

Thank you for all the pictures iceflower, :flowers: perhaps not the most stylish of dresses, but she still has that twinkle in her eye! :lol:
Love the smile, love that hat but that dress has got to be re-interred in the deepest closet from whence it came. :whistling:

Please no floaty coats and off-the-face hats with ostrich feathers, Ma'am, please!:ohmy: The Queen Mother seemed to always wear the same thing but in different patterns and colours.:)
Actually, the Queen Mother's clothes were pretty predictable colours, too...she never went too long without wearing another lavender or light blue. :lol:

I think the Queen always looks beautiful and elegant. She has lovely thick white hair that always looks immaculate...she looks the part of a Queen. And you can tell by the way the people who meet her look at her, that there's a lot of admiration and respect for her--and I think that's only going to grow as she gets older.

Goodness! It looks like the Prince has another black eye! :eek:

Fightin' with the Missus again. Tsk, tsk, sad thing that! :D
Actually, good to see him out and about after his serious illness!

:lol: The Queen's got a good right eh?

Illegal Russian worker poured tea for Queen

An illegal Russian worker served as a Royal footman for almost two years, even though he had no proper work permit.

Illegal Russian worker poured tea for Queen - Telegraph
---------------------
Security seems to be getting worse, where HM is concerned!:eek:

Anyone found any local coverage of HM officially arriving at Balmoral this year please? I can't find anything myself...Sometimes we get a picture or two of her being greeted as she moves in for the season....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom