Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 17: January-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic 22.2.2008

Skydragon, thanks a lot for posting that, it's really too sweet
and touching :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth II honours Sir Garth Morrison with a Knighthood and
invests him with the insignia of a Knight of the Thistle at Buckingham
Palace on February 22, 2008 in London, England

---> Pic

Have there ever been any gaffe's regarding knighting somebody? Like accidentally nicking them with the sword or something??

What a cute story. Thank you for posting in Skydragon!

Pics 24.2.2008

Weekend fun for the Queen and Prince Philip on the
grounds of Windsor Castle, Berkshire, Britain - 24 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pic 27.2.2008

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II shakes hands with Mr Hans-Gert Poettering,
the President of the European Parliament, during a private audience at
Buckingham Palace in London, on February 27, 2008

----> Pic

Pics 28.2.2008

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip visit the Halle Orchestra,
The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, Britain - 28 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Manchester is my home town and old stomping ground. Lovely to see Her Majesty there today...Prince philip also. Bless them both. Anymore pics anyone? I love to see the pix that everyone posts, and apologise for having none of my own, but thank you all for all the pleasure you give.

Last edited:
The Queen has become the third longest-serving monarch in 1,000 years of British history

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1307900,00.html

Manchester is my home town and old stomping ground. Lovely to see Her Majesty there today...Prince philip also. Bless them both. Anymore pics anyone? I love to see the pix that everyone posts, and apologise for having none of my own, but thank you all for all the pleasure you give.

When I develop my pictures I will post the best ones on here.

Pics 7.3.2008

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh re-open
LC2 Leisure Centre, Swansea, Wales, Britain - 07 Mar 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

OMGosh! Love, Love, LOVE the coat!!!

Once again, this is not a new outfit. I can trace it back as far as Canada, 2005 with about 3 or 4 wearings in total. Still looks just as smart, & fresh however :flowers:

Wow Queen Elizabeth is longest monarch and visit many!!! She is beautiful dress and many dress!!!!

Once again, this is not a new outfit. I can trace it back as far as Canada, 2005 with about 3 or 4 wearings in total. Still looks just as smart, & fresh however :flowers:
Well since you're there in the UK, please let HM know that if she ever tires of that lovely coat, I'd be MORE than happy to take it off her hands! :D

Well since you're there in the UK, please let HM know that if she ever tires of that lovely coat, I'd be MORE than happy to take it off her hands! :D

OK, but you follow me in the queue!! :flowers:

Darn it Russo! I wanted that coat. It is beautiful.

The words 'luxurious' and 'faux fur' do not belong in the same sentence. "Cheap" and "Nasty" however are perfect bedfellows.

The words 'luxurious' and 'faux fur' do not belong in the same sentence. "Cheap" and "Nasty" however are perfect bedfellows.
Oh, the skins from the bears are not cheap, but they are nasty!

Pics 10.3.2008

HM Queen Elizabeth II arrives with the Duke of Edinburgh for
an Observance for Commonwealth Day service at Westminster
Abbey on March 10, 2008 in London

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The anti-bearskin people have been around for a while. I know they ran around after her in Canada in a bear costume (It was a friendly bear, though. It gave hugs to little children.)

They whine a lot, but they haven't come up with an artificial fur that's anywhere near as resilient.

PETA is calling on Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to stop using bear pelts to make headpieces for the five guards regiments and to have the hats fashioned from luxurious faux fur instead.

Help Us Convince Her Majesty the Queen to Shed Her Guards' Unbearable Headgear
Well of course they're getting headlines, all those in that lumped up group are attractive, pretty things. You wouldn't see the same headlines if they had a bunch of fat, ugly naked people protesting!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom