Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 9: December 2005-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen to get a Taste of Public Opinion
Being the Queen of England brings with it many benefits, not the least of which is being able to have a top chef cook you the meal of your choice whenever you want. It seems Her Majesty will be submitting to the will of her subjects when she celebrates her 80th birthday on June 15, however..............
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/01/23/queenelizabeth/

Photos from HELLO magazine
#1: Although details of the lunch are yet to be announced, the monarch is no stranger to lavish banquets, and the June 15 official birthday bash is likely to be appropriately impressive
#2: This year the Queen will enjoy a populist element to her birthday festivities, with TV viewers choosing the dishes for her celebratory lunch

Attachments

• queen-dop2a.jpg
    queen-dop2a.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 176
  • queen-new1a.jpg
    queen-new1a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 237
Well let us hope and pray that the public who ring in are not all from Wigan or else the Queen will be sitting down to Egg, Chips and a bottle of Brown Ale.

BeatrixFan said:
Well let us hope and pray that the public who ring in are not all from Wigan or else the Queen will be sitting down to Egg, Chips and a bottle of Brown Ale.

Which would be an interesting sight, though... ;) One brave Queen, indeed! :)

Queen : Alexandra dear, pass the brown sauce
Alexandra : Sorry Lillibet
Anne : These baked beans really are delightful
Queen : Yes, aren't they. Mr Heinz should really be complimented
Charles : Are these chips organic?
Camilla : No darling. Now pass me some bread to mop up this juice

Jellied eels are disgusting. I had some when I visited the East End when I was a child. I nearly threw up. You english have some weird food. I dont know how I feel about this. I kinda feel like the royals are becoming a realtiy show and then I think its cool that the public is deciding. Im unsure about it.

English food is often criticised but we have some truly wonderful food. Jellied Eels are revolting and an acquired taste. But Pie and Mash, Fish and Chips and a Sunday Roast are all traditional meals that people eat often. What most people don't know is that the liquor served with Pie and Mash is made from eel juice.

But we have some brilliant creations with game and our puddings are to die for. I love all kinds of food but for me, you can't beat a typical Sunday Roast and it's said that the Queen loves a Roast too.

Princejohnny25 said:
Jellied eels are disgusting. I had some when I visited the East End when I was a child. I nearly threw up. You english have some weird food. I dont know how I feel about this. I kinda feel like the royals are becoming a realtiy show and then I think its cool that the public is deciding. Im unsure about it.

I don't know anyone who has eaten Jellied Eels, I have never been able to force myself to try them:eek: It's not just the English who have weird food. How about Scottish Haggis (sheeps stomach, stuffed with it's liver, heart & lungs), Black Pudding (Boiled Pigs blood with thickeners stuffed into part of it's intestine). Not my idea of a wonderful meal.
The royals new advisors seem to have lost the plot. I think you are right Princejohnny25 when you say they are becoming like one of these reality shows. In my opinion if they lose all of their mystic, the next step will be to 'retire' them.

BeatrixFan said:
Pie and Mash, Fish and Chips and a Sunday Roast are all traditional meals that people eat often. What most people don't know is that the liquor served with Pie and Mash is made from eel juice.

I don't think every region uses Eel juice!

I think the East End stick with the tradition of using eel juice. And to be honest, Pie and Mash is only any good when eaten in the East End.

Skydragon said:
How about Scottish Haggis (sheeps stomach, stuffed with it's liver, heart & lungs), Black Pudding (Boiled Pigs blood with thickeners stuffed into part of it's intestine).
Depending on the way it's served, it really doesn't appear all that different to meat loaf. (Keeping in mind that sausages are also ground-up animal organs and meat stuffed into it's intestine, or a product of it). I have some rather good haggis, to me the worst thing is the name..

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that the Queen Mother used to enjoy fish and chips bought from outside Buckingham Palace, so maybe the Queen wouldn't mind that. It doesn't sound like she's a great one for exotic foods (shellfish and probably those yummy jellied eels).

We have a restaurant which is supposed to serve British food, and it hasn't been bad IMO. I've enjoyed the pasties and "bangers and mash".

Cornish Pasties are lovely. Melton Mowbray pork pies too are to die for. The Queen has bangers and mash often apparantly and she loves cottage pie.

Being part english, my family eat offal (except my father :rolleyes: what do you expect from a 5 generation Aussie.lol.)

I love sweetbreads, lambs fry, pigs kidney & stuffed hearts..I won't touch brains though, or tripe!!!

"MII"

In all the pictures that show the Queen's I really like how her hats go with her outfits.:)

Good try, georgiea :) . The haggis, offal and jellied eels will soon run out of puff and we'll get back on topic...

Well, from reading some of the stuff about the public choosing the menu, it's going to be a very selective list that the public gets to choose from, compiled by some of the country's top chefs. I somehow doubt that jellied eels are going to make it onto the list.

georgiea said:
In all the pictures that show the Queen's I really like how her hats go with her outfits.:)

Yes some seem to be made from the same fabric, otherwise how would they get an identical colour?:)

Skydragon said:
Yes some seem to be made from the same fabric, otherwise how would they get an identical colour?:)
I think many woulod enjoy having the Royal Milner, Fredrick Foxs' job.

Von Schlesian said:
I think many would enjoy having the Royal Milner, Frederick Foxs' job.

Does she not also get her hats from Phillip Somerville and Patey?

Queen Elizabeth II will visit the former communist states of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia in October, her first trip to the Baltic countries, officials said

from yahoo/afp

Wow she really is not slowing down. Three state visits in one month. That is a lot. Has it been confirmed? But, I am happy she is visiting the Baltic states.

So, the news that she is going to stop her oversea visits were speculation. HM usually does one or two trips per year. This year she's going to Australia and Singapore in spring and to the Baltic countries in October; this makes two trips: the right number. :rolleyes:

It was said that she'd be cutting down on them - not stopping them altogether. Let's not rubbish the news stories just yet.

Just found a picture of Her Majesty looks really cool with furs around her neck attending a Church Service at Sandringham on 22nd January at theRoyalist, so i want to share with u guys via Imageshack:

Last edited:
JANUARY 31: Queen Elizabeth II visits RAF Marham and meets a variety of service personnel, some who have recently returned from overseas operations in Iraq, on January 31, 2006 in King's Lynn, Norfolk, England.

from getty

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 24.jpg