The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Last week I've posted the pics of Bea shopping in London (the pics
can be seen on page 6), this week I found another pic from that
day, which I like a lot, she looks so wonderful on it, much more
natural and beautiful than on some pics she poses for. What do
you think?

--> Bea 12. 9.2007

The newest pics of Bea from today can be seen in Sarah's thread.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
you think?

--> Bea 12. 9.2007

I actually like this picture, Iceflower. Thanks. I like most photos (whether it be of royalty or celebs or your own family) that are natural and even impromptu rather than posed. Posing is fine for portrait sitting, but I think a candid photos are more fun.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:32 AM
Administrator

Pic 20.9.2007

I'm glad you share my opinion, Bella

Yesterday after the fashion show Bea went to the Cipriani restaurant
with her mother and other guests like Naomi Campbell:

Bea 20.9.2007
Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
you think?

--> Bea 12. 9.2007

Hi iceflower. Thanks for posting that. It is nice to see her like that. She looks good. As I said before, I like the dress thing and the shoes, but not so much the leggings or whatever those things are technically called. But as for her person, her hair and everything, she looks great. Like you, I prefer her like this than the overdone look like in the fashion show this week. That wasn't good. If Beatrice will stop trying to be someone she's not and just be natural all the time, it would be lovely. I hope this kind of thing is a passing phase and a mark of her age only.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

First, I am not old I am 32. Second, I go to graduate school with a bunch of 20-something young things--and they don't dress like Bea. Lady Windsor, you are totally right about Bea being underscrutiny because of who she is--but that will never change unless she decides to give up her succession to the throne and we all know that won't ever happen. Her mother would freak out.
I agree that Princess Bea is finding her style, but so far she is not doing too good of a job. SHe wears things that are not flattering to her figure, that are too low cut, etc.....Girls, and even women today have bought into this nonsense of showing it all. Princess Bea is no Britney Spears (THANK GOD!) or any of those other actresses/celebrities but she is really in need of some direction. This gown was just the latest in a bad series of clothing choices. I would like to see her in more tailored, better fitting daywear, and more appropriate evening wear.
I've said it once, twice and I'll say it again--there needs to be a Royal Edition of What Not to Wear where Stacey and Clinton go across the pond and help Princess Bea with her style. She is already beautiful, but she would be stunning then!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm glad you share my opinion, Bella

Yesterday after the fashion show Bea went to the Cipriani restaurant
with her mother and other guests like Naomi Campbell:

Bea 20.9.2007
Fashion may come and go (as well as fashion sense) but Beatrice has fabulous hair!!! Thanks, Ice.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

Best hair in the Royal Family!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Gentry

She does have gorgeous hair - and the hugest eyes ever!

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...09_468x536.jpg
Old 09-21-2007, 07:37 PM

I agree that she needs direction in her fashion choices. She's got the right spirit and attitude. She just needs fine-tuning, although that expression is horrid, as it makes her sound like a car.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Administrator

It was very interesting to read about your opinions, thanks

After the dinner at the Cirpriani restaurant, the night was not over yet
for Beatrice, she also went to the Mahiki nightclub with her mother:

* Bea 1 ** Bea 2 ** Bea with her mother *
Old 09-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness

Bea looks nice, hemline is good, hair is wonderful, makeup simple--but even with the jacket she is still a little overexposed:
http://i5.tinypic.com/4qr4rhk.jpg but the rounded neckline of that jacket really works for her.

Personally, I would like to see Bea at some nightclubs without her mother. http://i19.tinypic.com/4m2ygyf.jpg

Old 09-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Does any one know what Bea is doing for her gap year???was she going to help her mom in newyork? + does anyone know what uni shes got into?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Hey..i dont know if any one is interested, but u can watch a clip of her and sarah from the fashion show thing on youtube. I dont know how to post the link but type in Fashion for relief runway show 2007 and it has like a 3 second bit of them, but its really funny the way they walk
Old 09-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Royal Highness

Oh yeah, not graceful--a little lumbersome.
Here's the link:

Old 09-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor View Post
Does any one know what Bea is doing for her gap year???was she going to help her mom in newyork? + does anyone know what uni shes got into?
Today's Telegraph has some answers and information: Building the Princess Beatrice brand - Telegraph

Building the Princess Beatrice brand

The past week has made something else clear: a concerted effort to build "Brand Beatrice" is under way, with a string of projects in the pipeline.

After her appearance on the catwalk came the announcement that Beatrice, who is fifth in line to the throne, is to make her cinematic debut with a minor part in a film about her great-great-great-great-great grandmother called The Young Victoria, written by Julian Fellowes and co-produced by the Duchess of York.
Beatrice, 19, who is on a "gap" year, will also shortly launch her own line of clothing. The label will be called "Bobcat". The princess is said to have started sketching designs for her first collection.
Then, there are well-publicised plans for Beatrice to be the first member of the Royal Family to be blasted into space, which have done much to help publicise Virgin Galactic, Sir Richard Branson's space-tourism project – which also happens to employ her American boyfriend, Dave Clark."

plus more info.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Hmmmm....I believe there has been some photoshop editing/airbrushing on that pic the Telegraph has of Sarah and Princess Bea on the catwalk. Bea's waist is not that tiny--it doesn't look her body at all, which is a pity because she has a lovely figure.The telegraph is sending the wrong message.

I don't like all this "stuff" she is doing. As she has been touted as the "brainiest royal" she should go to college. This gap year sounds overfilled and I worry that she will get sidetracked.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Nobility

Princess Beatrice looks good on the catwalk and wow! that beautiful hair.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I don't like all this "stuff" she is doing. As she has been touted as the "brainiest royal" she should go to college. This gap year sounds overfilled and I worry that she will get sidetracked.
The "brainiest royal" stuff is crap anyway. I'm sure she is intelligent as anyone else, but "brainiest royal"? I doubt that very much. The subjects she took for A Level are easy passes. I mean, as long as you study and do the minimum amount of the memorizing, you can ace Drama and Film Studies, and whatever else she took, art or history, or maybe it was art history.
It's not like Prince William at all, who took Biology and got a C. Getting a C in Biology is hard. The memorization and understanding required for Biology is much more intense. I'm sure if William had taken Bea's subjects, he would have gotten straight A's too. Anyone with half a brain would.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
The subjects she took for A Level are easy passes. I mean, as long as you study and do the minimum amount of the memorizing, you can ace Drama and Film Studies, and whatever else she took, art or history, or maybe it was art history.
She got an A pass in Drama and B passes in History and film studies, none of which require anything more than you mention, IMO.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
She got an A pass in Drama and B passes in History and film studies, none of which require anything more than you mention, IMO.

As a teacher of History at the level that Bea just passed it (albeit in a different country) I can assure you that it isn't just memorising. In fact 'just memorising' will result in a very mediocre mark.

Students are required to analyse the information and support their arguments with relevant historical information which is not just facts but different opinions of different historians, taking into account their particular biases etc. A type of question that students would be asked to write would be: "Evaluate the extent to which Nazi racial policy was responsible for the defeat of Germany in World War II." (This is a question I set my students as a practice question for their upcoming HSC exam. To write a response you would need to discuss the racial policy, the whole range of reasons for the defeat of Germany, the different opinions on that defeat (and their are literally hundreds although students would only need to show an understanding of about three or four differeing opinions - e.g. Soviets won it, lack of resources at home, Americans won it, resistance groups etc - and name the historians who take each view), shoot down the opinions with which the students disagrees and say why backing that opinion up with historical information and other historians opinions as well as make a final judgement as to the extent that racial policy was a cause of the defeat. This is not simply 'memorising' information but applying quite a lot of information to a given question.

In NSW Modern History and Biology are regarded as equally difficult because of the different skills involved. In fact Modern History is seen as one of the hardest subjects due to the in depth level of writing required. To give you an idea, when I did my university degree in History in the 70s I wasn't required to use the skills now required from final year students in NSW and in England for their A - levels (we do have a harder course which is now the level of the honours degrees when I was at uni but that is for the very best students).

To say that History is an easy subject really shows very little understanding of the nature of the course and the exams in this day and age. Dates etc are a very minor part of the course (in fact I tell my students that dates aren't that important at all - I also mark the HSC here and have given full marks on many occasions to students who have the dates wrong but their arguments are so good that that error is ignored.)

I don't know anything about the A - level Drama course, but if it is anything like the NSW Drama course it to requires a lot more than memorising - it requires a lot of analysis of techniques as well. Not to mention the fact that students are required to write lenthgy essays and do dramatic performances which count for a large quantity of the marks.

Film Study is a mandatory part of all of our English syllabi (in NSW at least 2 units of English is mandatory for the HSC) so much so that our students are spending a day at school during the upcoming holidays watching 4 different versions of King Lear so that they can write about the play itself and the different ways of presenting it in their HSC exams in October. They have also seen two stage performances of the play.

The NSW HSC requires students to attempt at least 10 units across at least 4 subjects of which 2 units must be English unlike the English A - level exam but the standards required for each course is similar as the NSW syllabi writers and the English syllabi writers do look at each others syllabi when rewriting their own. Not surprising when you consider that the top bloke in the English education system Ken Boston was the top guy here in NSW for many years.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice