The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Now we know he's part Mountbatten. None of the males kept their hair for long.

..... unless you are Prince Charles or Andrew!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh stop making fun of his hair (it's not his fault). William is hot especially in his uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Thnx for the link. Does anyone think they'll actually go through with this reform at some point? They've been talking about it for awhile now haven't they?

Also, if William does fall in love with a Catholic girl would she just have to renounce her religion in order for them to marry. I know Autumn did this in order to marry Peter Phillips. What did she have to do exactly, just sign a document, or go before the church and verbally say so? Sorry for all my questions, I'm just curious how it all works.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes if the Act of Settlement isn't changed she absolutely would have to renounce her Catholic religion and convert to the Church of England. I don't know the procedure she'd have to go through to do this though.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
..... unless you are Prince Charles or Andrew!
Actually, Prince Charles has had a bald spot on top for a long time. Prince Andrew has kept his hair for an impressively long time considering his family history but I've noticed in recent years that his hair has thinned a lot, too.

I used to think Prince William was very handsome; in fact, I had a bit of a crush on him ten years ago or so when he was starting to be considered a real heartthrob for teenage girls. But I agree that he's not as good-looking anymore.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
Yes if the Act of Settlement isn't changed she absolutely would have to renounce her Catholic religion and convert to the Church of England. I don't know the procedure she'd have to go through to do this though.

What my friend had to do was be confirmed into the Church of England. She didn't have to put anything in writing. Her oath at the confirmation was enough to say that she was received into the CofE.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought the lady in question would only have to renounce her Catholicism and agree to raise any children under the CofE, but not necessarily become a member of the Church of England.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

is Princess Michael still Catholic has Prince Michael become Catholic himsel ? a little ot I Know but seemed like a good time to ask
Old 12-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, Princess Michael of Kent still is catholic, Prince Michael is not. Ella & Freddie aren't catholic either, they were raised anglican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Now we know he's part Mountbatten. None of the males kept their hair for long.
??? I know no Mountbatten who was a baldhead.
Lord Louis, his brother and his father maybe had widow's peaks, but that has nothing to do with what's happening on Charles', Edwards' or Williams heads, JMO.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
I thought the lady in question would only have to renounce her Catholicism and agree to raise any children under the CofE, but not necessarily become a member of the Church of England.

Renoucising Catholicism (I assume that you mean Roman Catholicism as the Anglican Church regards itself as Catholic but not Roman Catholic e.g. in the Apostles' Creed said in the Anglican Church we say "We believe in one apostolic and catholic church' but don't acknowledge the supremacy of Rome) isn't as easy as being accepted into another demonination as that requires the Roman Catholic church to actually acknowledge that renounciation. That church is loathe to do that.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post

Yes, Princess Michael of Kent still is catholic, Prince Michael is not. Ella & Freddie aren't catholic either, they were raised anglican.
Thats right, Princess Michael is catholic, Prince Michael renounced his rights to the throne, Ella and Freddie were raised Anglican and retain their place in the lines of succession.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What my friend had to do was be confirmed into the Church of England. She didn't have to put anything in writing. Her oath at the confirmation was enough to say that she was received into the CofE.
I see, thanks for the answer Iluvbertie.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princes William and Harry at Sun Millie Awards | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys
Old 12-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love this idea, but does the writer not include the Trooping of the Colour as an engagement? Or the Quantum of Solace premiere?

I also love the big bold "If william DOES pass" nothing like confidence in the papers.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

This sounds terrific and it sounds like we might get another speech from William. Looking forward to seeing pics from it.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Britain's Prince William completes helicopter training

More info in this article: Britain's Prince William completes helicopter training | France 24
Old 12-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince William to share Queen's duties: Treasury document reveals secret plan to make him the 'Shadow King' | Mail Online

I don't quite no where to put this.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
One blacked-out line states that ‘the Princes [William and Harry] will increasingly incur expenditure when undertaking engagements on behalf of The Queen’.
What a salacious detail. It's surely a sign of a secret plot by the Queen to push Charles out of the way and not the mundane, expected course of events.

All this really seems to be is a plan for how William and Harry's future public duties will be funded. Of course, it seems much more scandalous if it's a ploy to make William some kind of "shadow King" (a term that doesn't actually appear in the document). Nothing in it should come as a surprise.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have a small problem with the authenticy of this document.

If it truly is an official document it wouldn't make the mistake of referring to William as HRH The Prince William. He isn't. He is HRH Prince William of Wales. The use of the word "The" is reserved for five current HRHs - The Prince Philip, The Prince Charles, The Prince Andrew, The Prince Edward and The Princess Anne.

William will only be The Prince William when Charles becomes King so this could be a document referring to what will be happening at that time ....
Old 12-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Moderator Emeritus

It seems to be talking about the present ("from next year, it is expected that HRH The Prince William will spend a significant part of his time on official engagements.") I think it's entirely possible that someone within the Treasury hasn't brushed up on royal styles and titles. The source of the file appears to be an organization that submits freedom of information requests.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

There is another article in The Mail which has an intereting line in it:

The Queen believes the future is Prince William. But what about Kate Middleton? | Mail Online

And although courtiers have been making long-term preparations for a wedding, there is unlikely to be any announcement of an engagement until both William and the Palace are happy that he is established in his new role.

I find this interesting as he hasn't started his 'new role' yet and surely will take at least a year or more to become 'established' which would put an engagement off for another year or two.

I am probably going to be proved wrong but I am not holding my breath about an engagement annoucement before 2013 - next year to finish SAR training and start actually serving with 2011 and 2012 getting 'established in his new role' before announcing an engagement, with a wedding in 2013.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william