Prince William Current Events 19: May 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read much about William joining the Navy. It's a bit surprising but I just want to note that I think his recent decision to serve in the Navy is deserving of applaud. He really is sacrificing allot of his time for the servitude to his fellow man and country. I hope it will be good and an experience full of lessons to make him a greater person. I hope he is blessed in all he does and can bring us back a wealth of experience. I saw him in uniform and it inspires me. I hope he has a good time as a sailor. Maybe his country will be proud of him for his faith service. Enjoy Prince William you're a hero.

Unfortunately this latest 'episode' is being seen in some quarters as just an excuse for more photo opportunities, to try to sell the UK public a goody two shoes prince.

I have to say the thought had crossed my mind, as I fail to see how a couple of months in any discipline can give him much of an idea of how the separate services really work!
----------------------------
Generations of his family have served in the Royal Navy with distinction, so Prince William was no doubt anxious to impress on his big day.

Unfortunately, Sub-Lieutenant Wales found his first forays on the water anything but plain sailing.

Royal Navy rite of passage that left Prince William all at sea | Mail Online

Last edited:
Forbes.com has put there list out of the Top 20 young Royals and Prince William, Prince Harry, Zara Philips, and Princess Beatrice are on the list.

The 20 Hottest Young Royals - Forbes.com

For American viewers E! will be showing a program on the Forbes list on Friday June 6, 2008 at 9 p.m. pacific time. :flowers:

Last edited:
I'm not directing this at anyone here specifically but in general I feel like lately no matter what Prince William does he's criticized I mean give him a break, I don't know about everyone else but I wouldn't judge him based on what happened with his training, but maybe that's just me.

I'll happily keep paying but I'd rather my share went on a new hat for Camilla than a fancy dress costume for William. And least Camilla's would be practical.
I have no objection to paying either but it is time the PR teams started to realise that some have the brains to know when they are hearing an economic version of events.
----------------------
What was it about yesterday's pictures of Sub-Lieutenant Wales, larking about aboard the training ship HMS Hindostan at the start of his naval attachment, that made him seem so out of place?

Was it the fact that, with his face creased with laughter and one arm placed casually on his hip, the event was so transparently a cynically staged Palace PR exercise

It may not be your fault, Wills, but these cynical PR stunts are a betrayal of our fighting forces | Mail Online

Last edited:
I was about to post that link skydragon lol. i have to say i dont often agree with Amanda Platell but in this i do. I do think prehaps she is overly critical but the basis of what she says is true in my opinion. i wish William and his PR team would abondon the whole "look he is just a normal a service man really" stunt and just do what the royals do best - good charity work.
I agree with some of the comments that have been made - how stupid do William's PR team think we are - i jsut feel that they are running a PR campaign that would be better suited to a political campaign, royals should be above such, well tacky, PR stunts. This is just my opinion though.

I was admiring the lovely photos from the boxing match this weekend when I noticed, Will doesn't do his hair anymore the way he used to you know with the little flip or spike or w/e you call it. It's much more flat, I don't thinkhe's doing cause of the hair loss cause it seems to be the same amount from the past few years I don't see a drastic change, anyways I don't mean it in a bad way just something I observed and wasn't sure where to post.

William in Garter ceremony

Am I right in thinking that William will be installed as a Knight of the Garter this week?

Yes, the ceremony will take place on Monday, June 16th.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1000th Knight....

Hi,

William will become the 1000th Knight of the Order of the Garter tomorrow, which will be the 660th anniversary of its founding by Edward III....
I think it's wonderful that he should be installed as the 1000th knight, who will be a future King, carrying on the tradition of a past King...:britflag:
Larry

. . . . . . . . . .

Coverage of the 2008 Order of the Garter events can be found in this thread.

. . . . . . . . . .

That's significant, being the 1000th knight--and the monarchy's about 1000 years old, I believe. :)

Yes Mermaid,

Very timely and appropriate.
I hope the Palace press plays this up to benefit the Monarchy!!!

Larry

All those hours spend in the military trainings have got to pay off.:lol::flowers:

Did Prince William just have a birthday? If he did how old is his now?:flowers:

he's 26 I think..his birthday was yesterday...feels just like yesterday we saw Diana and Charles walking out of the hospital with him.

Hadn't this been covered in articles back in April/May? Why bring it up know? It was expenive but he was still learning how to even his commanding officer should told him to do the regular training routes and not okayed to do those particular flights. Being it was Prince William the commading officer should careful to guide William not do those flights since if found out about they manke all of them appear stupid or at very naive since those flights would expenive.

The big question is why his officer would let William do those flights he knew William was a prince and it came out it look terrible and could even get one or both of them trouble and hurt the commanding officer's creer possibly.

^I'm not sure really but I'm glad they realized that even if they did think those flights would do him good in the end all it did was cause bad press, and I'm glad they admitted their wrong doings. I dunno what William's intentions were with those flights but it's ok atleast everyone admitted they were wrong and it's best to just move on.

Last edited:
Good for everyone on the including Prince William. What does a lookout do while the helicopter is chasing the boat from the air?
"They found 45 sacks of cocaine weighing a total 900kg and held five men 300 miles north east of Barbados on Saturday." from the Mirrior
Is 300 miles North east of Barbados just in middle of the ocean or would it closer to any of other Caribbean Islands?
In the short that William will actually be aboard the ship how much drugs might be siezed?​

Yes, indeed! The less of this stuff that makes it to our shores, the better.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom