Prince William Current Events 19: May 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose so Rosyln, I thought it was going to be dramatic but when I read it I just laughed The Sun over hyped the story way too much.

He also wrote the foreword to a mountain rescue guide; he's patron of the charity. Here's a link to the blog post I wrote on it in July.

I don't mean to be cynical, but do you think William actually wrote those forwards or did someone do it for him?

I expect that he wrote them himself. People can be much more articulate with the written word than they are in conversation. :flowers:

I don't mean to be cynical, but do you think William actually wrote those forwards or did someone do it for him?

I agree. William has a tertiary education and would be well capable of writing such things.

I amaze myself when I read some of the well structured and seemingly erudite submissions I have written. My ability to write improves dramatically when I am not under pressure and can write in the privacy of my own office with the assistance of my dictionary and thesaurus and have plenty of time to edit the piece as new thoughts filter through.

OTOH my mind has a tendency to go blank when I'm on my feet before an audience and even in ordinary conversation. I shudder to think what foolish things I might utter if ever interviewed for TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
The royals do this kind of thing for their patronages. Lord, Prince Charles has written countless forwards and other things for his interests. And you can tell he wrote them because it's always his style. You can really hear his style in it, if you know what I mean. I would guess William probably wrote this too, but you just have to read it to know for sure. I haven't read it so I can't say. But my instinct says it is very likely he wrote it himself.

Prince William has been accused of "doing almost nothing" in a new documentary examining the number of royal engagements he undertakes.

Prince William accused of 'doing almost nothing' in new documentary - Telegraph

Prince William was told he "really should be doing more" in a documentary accusing him of carrying out far fewer engagements than other royals

'More engagements' call for William - Yorkshire Post
----------------
Clearly it has escaped the Dispatches team, that William is in the Armed Forces and is at this moment in training! :whistling:

Clearly it has escaped the Dispatches team, that William is in the Armed Forces and is at this moment in training! :whistling:

In fairness they do point out that William is in the military and compare William's engagments whilst inthe military to Prince Charles' engamgents whilst in the military at the same age, and they say there is a significant difference - 14 for William against 84 for Charles.

I think perhaps the thing they're actually not picking up on is that Charles was The Prince of Wales and the heir to the throne already when he was William's age.

The royal family was also smaller then, I think -- in 1974, when Charles was 26, the working members would have just been The Queen, Prince Philip, Princess Margaret, the Queen Mum, Prince Charles, Princess Anne, the brand-new Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alice, the Duke and Duchess of Kent, and Princess Alexandra, right? Today we've lost Margaret, Alice, and the Queen Mum, but we've gained The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William, and Prince Harry. More people to spread the work around to (or, I guess it could be argued, more charitable opportunities to be taken up).

All that said, I do think it would be nice if we saw William out conducting more official royal business. I don't know what he's waiting for. He could be doing enormous good for lots of people just by attaching his name to more causes and standing in front of photographers at more charitable events.

I agree absolutely with your first statement. The relative positions of Prince Charles and Prince William at the same age are quite different.

As for doing more official business, I think that he should concentrate on his course and military career at this time. He'll have a much heavier load of public appearances in years to come; we can be assured of that. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
In a week and a half on Friday March 6 Prince will be reviewing graudating police officers at Hendon Police Training College.

I think that this is the first time he's done a review. Can anyone else remember him doing one? It'll be interesting to see how he approaches it.:flowers:

In a week and a half on Friday March 6 Prince will be reviewing graudating police officers at Hendon Police Training College.

Very nice pictures; thank you, giov.:flowers: Does anyone else think that his suit looks rather rumpled for a Royal? Maybe he slept in the car/helicopter on his way there.;)

Prince William Visits Hendon Police Training College, 6 Mar 2009.
Gallery Zimbio

Very nice pictures; thank you, giov.:flowers: Does anyone else think that his suit looks rather rumpled for a Royal? Maybe he slept in the car/helicopter on his way there.;)

A horse he inspected sneezed on him, so that's probably the reason why it looks rumpled.

from the article
Following the prize giving, the Met Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson made a joke out of the incident, which the Prince had taken with good spirits.
Sir Paul said: "Can I say thank you today for what you have done. I think you have made it a very special day for all our recruits and families here. I do have to say I have to apologise for the behaviour of our horses, for using your suit as a handkerchief. But sir, money is tight, and the dry cleaning bill will have to stay with you."
The Prince of Wales - Prince William reviews new police officers at the Police Training College in Hendon, London

And I'm sure the photographers wanted to give the media a chance to make jokes about how the Windsors are so horsy -- like this one. ;)

Oh that's brutal!

I don't think William is horsey looking, he's not bad-looking at all. I just wish he got himself some Rogaine already.

I don't think William is horsey looking, he's not bad-looking at all. I just wish he got himself some Rogaine already.

I couldn't agree more! I think some Rogaine would do him some good. :whistling:

Agreed re: the hair. At least hair transplants have gotten a lot better now, so that if he eventually wants to thicken things up on the ol' crown, he'll have some options. It really is starting to go fast.

A horse he inspected sneezed on him, so that's probably the reason why it looks rumpled.
It could have been a lot worse! One of the dogs could have cocked his leg! :whistling:

:previous:

Thanks Marg. Now I have to clean the tea off of my monitor! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh that's brutal!

What is Rogaine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom