Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the official BM website William is listed under June 12th with nothing written but everyone knows that day is the day of Trooping The Colour (will Harry be here or is he on vacation with Chelsy?) and On June 14th he is listed as attending the Order of Garter ceremony but that is also the same day they fly out to SA so I dunno how that will work.

Sourced: Search future engagements

An article from The Sun about his upcoming event on Friday
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...roud-Prince-to-open-Help-for-Heroes-pool.html

If he attends the service in the morning, he could fly out afterwards. It all depends on when he flys.
Harry is supposedly on a five week vacation in SA and around those areas so I doubt he will be at either event, unless he is asked to come back.

If he attends the service in the morning, he could fly out afterwards. It all depends on when he flys.
Harry is supposedly on a five week vacation in SA and around those areas so I doubt he will be at either event, unless he is asked to come back.

I was under the impression that the first day of the tour of SA was that day and the flight is 13 hours and the time difference only about an hour so leaving any time after noon wouldn't see him in SA on that day.

Prince William during a tour of the Help for Heroes Rehabilitation Complex,
at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC) on June 4, 2010 at
Headley Court, in Surrey, southern England.
The complex was opened by the Prince on Friday and will be a centre for
physical rehabilitation for soldiers seriously injured during active duty.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages **

Now I have a feeling that tie has some purpose/reason to it? Because he does wear it quite often.
I love it when I see William on official engagements.

Now I have a feeling that tie has some purpose/reason to it? Because he does wear it quite often.
I love it when I see William on official engagements.

Isn't that his regimental tie? It looks like an official uniform type tie and his wearing it would also mean that he is there, as a serving officer but not in uniform but still on duty.

It certainly looks like these photos of the RAFs tie.
http://www.collectors.demon.co.uk/tiesairforce.htm

The other tie it resembles is one of the army ties e.g. the Brigade of Guards (which I think would cover his actual army regiment). http://www.collectors.demon.co.uk/ties.htm

I would say it comes very close to the Brigade of Guards tie.
I know Harry wears one often as well.

Prince William during a tour of the Help for Heroes Rehabilitation Complex,
at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC) on June 4, 2010 at
Headley Court, in Surrey, southern England.
The complex was opened by the Prince on Friday and will be a centre for
physical rehabilitation for soldiers seriously injured during active duty.

** Pic 4 ** gettyimages **

Oh dear, what would have happened with the man in the last picture?

It looks like he had some very serious burns. God Bless Him

I think it's wonderful that William supports different aspects of the military including this facility that helps those who have suffered from the war.

I would say it comes very close to the Brigade of Guards tie.
I know Harry wears one often as well.

If Harry is wearing the same one then it would definitely be the guards one as they both joined the same regiment. Charles also wears that tie as the Colonen-in-Chief of that regiment.

Glasses?
I don't think I have ever seen him wearing glasses?
And driving himself there aswell.

The fact that he wears glasses is one of the major reasons why some people have questioned how he got into the SAR as a pilot considering that means that his sight isn't perfect and that is the requirement. Every so often another British servicemen raises the issue that he had been rejected for less than perfect vision but Willian got in (of course the serviceman might have been rejected for other reasons but if their official reason is their sight then it is clear that William is doing something for which he is medically unfit).

Last edited by a moderator:
Would Prince William consider Lasik surgery for his eyesight? My son the crew chief put orders in to fly and needs that done first before he can do so.

Even when he's flying I have never seen him wearing glasses. Maybe they are for short distance and not long distance, so he is capable of flying.
I suppose he could consider Laser eye surgery, if he was ever stopped at any stage of his traning, he would most likely have to have his eyes sorted.

My point is that him needing to wear glasses at all should have excluded him from that duty as others have been denied for having to wear glasses. Flying at that level requires perfect vision not just ok vision - to meet the requirements of the service. William didn't meet those requirements but was allowed in anyway.

My point is that him needing to wear glasses at all should have excluded him from that duty as others have been denied for having to wear glasses. Flying at that level requires perfect vision not just ok vision - to meet the requirements of the service. William didn't meet those requirements but was allowed in anyway.

Others have not been denied flying duty because they wear glasses, the RAF even has regulation spectacles for their pilots to wear. William has been pictured in them. If one wants to join the airforce directly then they are required to have good sight and not wear glasses, but if one joins from another branch of the military (such as William did, he came from the army) then they are permitted to have less than perfect sight. There is this 'side door' which is what William used to get into the airforce, it obviously has been used by others as well for the RAF to specify regulation glasses.

Others have not been denied flying duty because they wear glasses, the RAF even has regulation spectacles for their pilots to wear. William has been pictured in them. If one wants to join the airforce directly then they are required to have good sight and not wear glasses, but if one joins from another branch of the military (such as William did, he came from the army) then they are permitted to have less than perfect sight. There is this 'side door' which is what William used to get into the airforce, it obviously has been used by others as well for the RAF to specify regulation glasses.
They do in the US Army. Both my sons are excluded until they get their eyesight fixed--which the Army will pay for should they chose to do so. And their eyes are not so bad, negative 1 and negative 1.75

He found a nice little loophole then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom