Prince William Current Events 13: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
UKPrinceWilliamofWales-1.gif

Welcome to the Prince William Current Events,
part 15

It starts on January 15, 2007

Part 14, covering December 8, 2006 - January 15, 2007
can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't William's shirt Blues and Royals creast on it when his brother did?
Isn't standard to wear the offical Blues and Royals shirt on runs while in camp?

kpusa1981 said:
Why doesn't William's shirt Blues and Royals creast on it when his brother did?
Isn't standard to wear the offical Blues and Royals shirt on runs while in camp?

It doesn't look like they are in camp and he is just wearing an officers standard issue T-shirt.

Is the guy running in shorts instead of uniform pants his bodyguard?

He obviously read the complaint that he is in a plain T-shirt and decided the next time he was out, he would wear the polo shirt with the regimental badge on it! :ROFLMAO:

thanks for the photos, when william finish?

http://www.fotobank.com/image/R024-8675.html
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=8726213skydragon523200675546AM.jpg
Is it normal for a sargent to be running with the officers?
As far as I can tell there is enlisted soldier or Non commissioned officer runnig in Harry's group.
how come in all the of pictuer of William running in either a blue T-shirt or the Regimental Polo shirt they all are waering trainers and not boots unlike Harry in the pictures were harry's running waering his Regimential T-shirt?http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?igi=187926&s=Prince%20Harry&sfld=C&vwmd=e

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
Is it normal for a sargent to be running with the officers?
As far as I can tell there is enlisted soldier or Non commissioned officer runnig in Harry's group.
how come in all the of pictuer of William running in either a blue T-shirt or the Regimental Polo shirt they all are waering trainers and not boots unlike Harry in the pictures were harry's running waering his Regimential T-shirt?

The Sergeant is the PT instructor, who devises all sorts of training regimes to keep them all fit. Just because they are now JO's doesn't mean they don't have to keep their physical fitness up to scratch.

What they wear can be determined by, what they are told to wear, what sort of exercise they are doing and on occasion from personal choice. Harry may well have completed some of the exercises in trainers.

Buddy Mates

Does anyone know if both of the princes are assigned to the same barracks in Windsor? And, if so, if they run into each other on base when both are free. Finally, I also wonder if they eat in the chow hall etc and function like the rest of the soldiers. I remember living in the dorm and eating chow and doing early monring runs. Seeing the pictures brings back some of those memories.:)

Of course the new JO's need to keep up to scratch.

dot_h.gif

Last edited:
HRH Kimetha said:
Does anyone know if both of the princes are assigned to the same barracks in Windsor? And, if so, if they run into each other on base when both are free. Finally, I also wonder if they eat in the chow hall etc and function like the rest of the soldiers. I remember living in the dorm and eating chow and doing early monring runs. Seeing the pictures brings back some of those memories.:)

Well as they are in the same regiment (not the mounted regiment) I would presume they are both at Combermere barracks, in which case they will see each other on base. I would think that they tend to associate more with their intake and age group than each other.

I would imagine they eat in the officers mess, they do serve up some delicious menus (for officers). :lol:

Mandatory Credit: Photo By Rex Features Prince William on an early morning march with his Blues and Royals regiment Prince in Windsor, Berkshire, Britain - 19 Jan 2007.
Like people across the country, the young royal looked relieved that Thursday's storms seemed to be over.

Pictures:
Prince William
Prince William and other soldiers

More pictures here.

when will we see him in his Ceremonial Uniform any idea??

Royal Fan said:
when will we see him in his Ceremonial Uniform any idea??

the uniform is samethat we cann see in harry in november for the memory day ceremony?

No, it would be the same on that Harry wore last June.

kpusa1981 said:
No, it would be the same on that Harry wore last June.

harry in the trooping colour?

Thanks for all the photos! Since Prince William started his recent training, it seems most of the photos of him are during runs. He looks very fit.

corazon said:
harry in the trooping colour?
Yes, at the Trooping of the Colour. I am just guessing William will attend this year.

kpusa1981 said:
Yes, at the Trooping of the Colour. I am just guessing William will attend this year.

thanks,
and the uniform that harry used in the last november for what type of events is?

corazon said:
thanks,
and the uniform that harry used in the last november for what type of events is?

The event in November is Remembrance Day - it is the anniversary of the end of fighting in World War I - 11/11/18 - was Armistice Day in that war.

Many countries use that date to remember the dead of all wars.

In Australia and New Zealand it is Anzac Day - 25th April - which is the anniversary of the day that these nations and others invaded Turkey during World War 1 - which is seen in Australia and New Zealand as the day that they took their place in the world of nations and proved themselves capable of fighting in wars as well as the older established powers.

In the US I think the day they remember their war dead and those who were prepared to give their lives for their country is called Veterans' Day but what the date is I don't know.

yes yes, the remembrance day in november harry used a unifrom green-brown, wiliam will use the same and wath type of events¿

Harry's late night lifestyle takes its toll | the Daily Mail
His elder brother, Prince William, who joined the regiment in January after graduating from Sandhurst, was more fortunate. Although he should have been on the march as well, he was kept back in barracks on other duties.
Skydragon, would Prince William do runs with Prince Harry? Could William have ligiment duties at Barracks that would keep from doing this run if William was supposed to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
kpusa1981 said:
Prince William, who joined the regiment in January after graduating from Sandhurst, was more fortunate. Although he should have been on the march as well, he was kept back in barracks on other duties.

Is the Mail suggesting that the barracks are left empty when photo's are taken of a few men out on a run? :lol:

I was wondering, does anyone know if Trooping the Color will be shown in the US? :ermm:

That would be nice, but I don't think so. We very rarely see any news about the royals. OT but Our NBC network's Today Show showed footage of Charles and Camilla in Philly (to get some sort of environmental award from Al Gore) and NY this past weekend. They were greeted warmly and Camilla looked lovely. I love to hear Charles speak. Great voice, great accent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom