Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why should Kate worry of waiting? princess mary of denmark waited 4 years!

I am trying to rebuild my image
cow-36.gif
and appear friendly and approachable!
battle96.gif

aaah! our own very TRF "makeover". can we expect a DM story on the subject soon ?

All I am wondering about is if this trip to Scotland counts as holiday number 23?
No one expects anyone to work 7 days a week, nor do they expect anyone to holiday 7 days a week either.
Where is the cute cat and dog? Bring them back....

Yes, it could be argued that all Kate does is either wait, or go on holiday! I wonder what she might write down as her occupation on official documents - "Waity Katie", "Princess in Waiting".....

A weekend? So now she is expected to work 7 days a week or else be forever on holiday? :bang:
Really. Good point. We all need to ease up on judgments of Kate. I wonder how some of us would stand under such scrutiny. :hmm:

I would stand up quite well actually.

Exactly. :rolleyes: This slight upcoming rant isn't directed at you, Muriel, BTW.

Even in the old days--you know, before cell phones and the internet and text messaging--couples could keep in touch even though they were continents apart. Remember that thing called mail? Why assume that people are having trouble in a relationship because they don't physically see each other?

Can't wait to see the responsefromthe Daily Mail. Will it be the waity katie line, or will it be the number of holidays she takes?

Exactly. :rolleyes: This slight upcoming rant isn't directed at you, Muriel, BTW.

Even in the old days--you know, before cell phones and the internet and text messaging--couples could keep in touch even though they were continents apart. Remember that thing called mail? Why assume that people are having trouble in a relationship because they don't physically see each other?

Quite right .... and usually I am the one who is laughing at all the waity katie comments!

Unfortunately for Katie it rhymes beautifully. Very catchy little slogan. One of those that sticks in the mind and you can´t get rid of it. No wonder she said she would like to be called Catherine.

hmm so now it is wrong to be in a long term relationship without a ring??? Damn once again I am wrong I do think people should take their time over the big decisions marry in haste repent at leisure and yes I know these two have dated for a long time but come on people did you know what you wanted in your mid twenties???

Well I knew I didn't want to have my first child at 35 and be too old to enjoy the fun. Midnight feeds at 25 are a lot easier than 35. Try playing frisbee with the teens at 50! Not a good look, and if you are the heir, possible heart attack inducing loss of life potential!!! :lol:

I just don't get it. They way people talk about them being too young is really weird. Contrary to the modern mantra that say's women can have it all, biology says otherwise. Science is also showing that older dads may not be as healthy a parent as was previously thought. These "young people" should be getting on with life, as it is, after all, not a rehearsal. :bang:

When it comes to marriage, life is a lottery. The nicest people can find that while they might love someone, living with them is a nightmare and thus (amicably) divorce. Older couples may trade up or down, whatever. What I am saying is that no one can practice being married, they can just go for it and work at it, whatever their age. :flowers:

It seems that William and Kate have tested their relationship in many ways. They have lived together. They have tried to "see other people". They have survived the test of time. They are long past the infatuation stage, and still want to make it work. Their relationship has endured worldwide jokes and criticisms. If two people are agreed in wanting to make something work, the odds are highly stacked in their favor of the relationship working.

Well if they have survived the test of time we will know soon.

Well I knew I didn't want to have my first child at 35 and be too old to enjoy the fun. Midnight feeds at 25 are a lot easier than 35. Try playing frisbee with the teens at 50! Not a good look, and if you are the heir, possible heart attack inducing loss of life potential!!! :lol:

I just don't get it. They way people talk about them being too young is really weird. Contrary to the modern mantra that say's women can have it all, biology says otherwise. Science is also showing that older dads may not be as healthy a parent as was previously thought. These "young people" should be getting on with life, as it is, after all, not a rehearsal. :bang:
Totally get your points but lets face it these two have more **** to deal with than most couples and as a woman who will celebrate her 35 birthday this week (same day as Prince Charles) with no children and attend two of her nieces weddings in the next year ( Im the youngest in my family) I love my partner but no way do I feel old enough or ready to marry/reproduce. Yes that may be sad to others but it is my life and I hope young royals can live theirs as they wish also. For some it is an instant recognition some fall in love then out I dont think the British Monarchy can afford another divorced heir and I think Wills is being cautious. :flowers::flowers:

The new issue of Hello! (published today, not online yet) does yet another pathetic cover story on the William & Kate issue, plus Pippa Middleton, allegedly the hottest socialite girl in town.

It gets more and more boring to promote this waiting relationship between Wills'n'Kate, with these sugary assurances yes, Kate is the girl of Will's life but because of the circumstances she will have to be "Waity Katie" for some more years, but be dead sure, dear readers of Hello!, we know that their relationship is strong enough to survive this and that Kathe will finally be rewarded with a ring on her finger. It's like a broken record, playing the same part all over again, and I wonder who feels the need to come up with these "facts" (yawn, we have heard them a million times before, what's new?) every few months and make sure nobody forgets about Waity Katie during her (inevitable, for image reasons) time-out from the party scene.

Then the stories on Pippa - I don't know who controls these stories or is Hello's contact in this matter - even if it's not the Middleton family themselves shamelessly promoting their daughters or children (yes, brother James quit university to become a successful entrepreneur), it will not boost their image at all. It's actually ridiculous to see the attempt to push an average looking girl without any background apart from the older sister dating Prince William into the "higher" parts of society. Intentionally or not, it will only make even more people think that the Middletons are not more than embarrassing social climbers, trying to make most of Kate's royal or society connections. If she loses out on Prince William (what gets more and more likely) it looks like they do their utmost to make sure that at least Pippa gets a big fish while the Middletons are still considered "hot" or "in". Kate and her family and more and more transforming from "royal contenders" into B- or C-celebrities.

Or just "Z" without the other word.

Last edited:
Can it get any more cheap?

So this is "discreet" Kate and her family - but no, they are not looking for the spotlight, are they?

Such a Hello! "Insider" story is something I would expect from "Jordan" Katie Price or any other attention seeking celebrity but not from from the background of a woman who aims to become Queen one day.

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Meet the Middleton Sisters! Kate is back!

- William's girl to be belle of the ball at Charles's 60th
- What's really happening with her Prince
- Why little sister Pippa is the hottest girl about town

HELLO! exclusively reveals the truth about William and Kate

In August, engagement reports surrounded Prince William and Kate Middleton as they holidayed together in the Caribbean. A month later Kate mysteriously disappeared from the scene. And as royal watchers ponder what is going on with the young couple - who have not been pictured together for more than two months - HELLO magazine exclusively sets the record straight.

This week's magazine, issue number 1047, contains an insider report on the second-in-line to the throne and his girlfriend, who next year will have been together seven years. Read the answers to the burning questions on everyone's lips, including why they haven't been seen together lately, and what's happened to the wedding plans.

There's also a closer look at Kate's younger sister Pippa, who's just been named the most eligible girl in Britain in a society magazine's annual poll. The chic 23-year-old, who works for a London party caterer, whose clients include Gucci and Stella McCartney, has risen in the social ranks over the last 12 months after being snapped out and about with Kate in the wake of her brief split from her royal beau.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it weird. :lol: Kate is turning 27 in less than two months. If William and Kate are too young to marry, I have no idea what my 22 and 23-year old married friends are doing. I don't have any problem with people waiting until thirty, past thirty, past forty to marry, or never marrying. I'm definitely the last person to advocate marrying young just for the sake of getting married. But William and Kate have been together in some form for at least six or seven years now. Either should they know they're right for each other by now and should take the next step, or if not, break up from each other. Being in limbo like this seems unfair to both of them, and I like both William and Kate well enough, although I don't know much about Kate.

So this is "discreet" Kate and her family - but no, they are not looking for the spotlight, are they?

Such a Hello! "Insider" story is something I would expect from "Jordan" Katie Price or any other attention seeking celebrity but not from from the background of a woman who aims to become Queen one day.

Seriously, I agree with you. I doubt the Queen likes the idea of Kate's family literally promoting their daughter as a future queen. I'm sorry to say, but I think all this promotion would one day blow up in the Middletons' face. If it doesn't, I'd hate to see what kind of family they'll be once Kate marries William.

BTW, what is the general attitude towards Kate in the UK? Do people think she's a worthy future royal or not? Do they find her annoying, or they don't care at all about her?

I haven't read the Hello! story - are the Middletons actually quoted? Is there any indication that they specifically talked to Judy Wade, or is it the typical "friend" or "source close to the family"?

The Middletons are just looking to be put back in the good type of news again, since they haven't had any good news lately. I wouldn't believe much about what you read in HELLO anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't believe what you read but you believe it comes from the Middletons? Isn't that contradictory? Either the Middletons talked to Hello - that means the information and source are correct or they didn't and the whole article is just pieced together from previous articles.

I haven't read the Hello! story - are the Middletons actually quoted? Is there any indication that they specifically talked to Judy Wade, or is it the typical "friend" or "source close to the family"?

Nobody is quoted but the whole thing is like a big promotion story of the Middleton sisters (Kate - don't forget that she is still William's girl and Pippa - watch out for the new It-girl) that has to come from somewhere.

Sonjapearl BTW, what is the general attitude towards Kate in the UK? Do people think she's a worthy future royal or not? Do they find her annoying, or they don't care at all about her?

From what I can say - I live in London - there is a minority who think Kate Middleton can do no wrong and come up with hypocritical praise (like Hello stories) and another minority who think Kate can do no right and come up with bashing (like Daily Mail stories). IMO the vast majority of people is either bored by the neverending waiting stories, the excesses of the young royals - what somehow applies to Kate too although she is not royal yet - or doesn't care at all. Kate does not excite people one bit and brings along rather a downswing for the image of the monarchy than a boost. The more stories show Kate partying with the rich or mingling with the "upper class" along her sister Pippa, or waiting without any pain barrier, using a job at her parents' company as a stopgap before the ultimate target - the ring on the finger - the more people will think of her as nouveau riche or social climber and who wants such a person as future representative of the country?

Well said Duke. Unfortunately for the Middletons they come through as the ultimate social climbers but aiming far higher than most.

^ I agree, but that is what they are trying to do, it just might take the rest of her life if she wants to waste all of it.

Well, the "news" about Kate is always just like a broken record: repetitive, insubstantial, silly, frilly, and......... often downright cheap. Sometimes the media grabs at the shortest straws just to put a pic of Kate on their magazines. They must be doing it because of a notable increase in sales when Kate is on the magazine. So I turn the question on you guys: What is it about Kate that is so fascinating, you will pay upwards of five-six dollars in the US, apparently 2 pounds in the UK, to read about her? (I say five-six dollars because that is about the minimum price of a UK magazine like Hello!, Tatler, Majesty) in the US. It's actually more like 6-8 dollars here at the new stands in LA. Craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom